Become a Patron!

e CIG newbie looking for some guidance

Hi vapers! Looking for some recommendations on which volts I should use my "istick" device with a aspire Nautilus tank. Looking for the best settings for a good hit and to also conserve e juice. Also willing to take advice on what I should upgrade to next, thanks guys i am fairly new to vaping!

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First off, welcome to the Underground. We are glad you found us. As for the aspire tank, most use it around 8-12 watts from what I have read. So maybe 3.5 to 4.5 volts. Everyone will have an opinion as to what you should upgrade to next, but I think you found the right place to do some research first. Check out the Mechanical Mods threads and then head to the Regulated Mods thread as well. Another good thread to watch is Vape Mail. You will see what people are buying and enjoying. I hope you have fun with it, Keep it Foggy my friend.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm using the istick with the nautilus mini right now. With a fresh coil I start at 7 watts. As the coil gets older I bump it up to 8 watts.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Me personally with my istick I like different liquids on different watts.so anywhere from 6-12 watts. Again just depends on the juice. I have a mechanism mod that I adjusted moved up to its the white stingray. But I really only use it on weekends for reviews and testing out new liquids at the vape shop. You will have to find something that works for you and everyone is different

Keep in mind if you have an iStick it burns hotter than the display states. There is a youtube video (or 10) that show exactly how much off the watts and volts are. The lower the setting, the more of a discrepancy there is. I learned this the hard way. I'm using an iStick with a Kangertech Genitank and 1.8 ohm dual coils. I couldn't figure out why my coils were burning up so fast and I kept getting an awful burnt taste when I had the iStick set between 7 and 8 watts all the time. Now I set it between 5 and 6 watts and the set up works great. Maybe this will save you some coils...I certainly went through enough for both of us LOL!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Start on the lowest setting and turn it up until you find the 'spot'. After using it for awhile and reading a bunch of stuff on here, you'll have a good idea of what direction you want to head in regarding new gear. Good luck and welcome. :)

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Experimenting with the settings, I found my sweet spot, 8.5W (4.1) v gets me the cleanest hit. Really love this thing. Just wondering where people get theyre juices? I'm looking for some tasty high quality juices. But I'm not sure if american retailers can ship to Canada. Thanks again for all the feedback guys it looks like I've come across a good group of vapers!

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for all the feedback guys! Experimenting with the settings, I found my sweet spot, 8.5W (4.1) v gets me the cleanest hit. Really love this thing. Just wondering where people get theyre juices? I'm looking for some tasty high quality juices. But I'm not sure if american retailers can ship to Canada. Thanks again for all the feedback guys it looks like I've come across a good group of vapers!
Yay I'm glad you found your sweet spot and vape on

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Vistavapors.com will ship to canada. Asked them personally in live chat :p Love their juice and its one of the best priced I've found =)

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry for the delay, was on vacation. I like their blue raspberry and Swedish fish (swedish fin) so far. Their wildberry is ok, but its a bit strong. I get both the blue ras and the fin at 20% boost and its VERY sweet.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey Geoff suds, im Canadian as well & there is plenty of Canadian online juice companys. It'll be alot cheaper for you. I have some Vader Puddin right now from www.mapleleafvapes.com mlv has tons of flavors and sell sample sizes as well as 30 & 120ml. Their default blends are 50pg/50vg, and they offer double or triple flavor shots as well. but they will let you customise to your liking by leaving comment @ checkout what you want. I have a 120 ml vader puddin right now that i made 70 vg 30 pg, its a vanilla custard and its sooo tasty. Its there #2 seller to. But besides mlv theres canadian e juice, stinky canuk, crave, moshi, canvape, 180 smoke, toronto juice co, funksauce.. lots more. I'd reccommend MLV, just dont order from u.s. you take a risk you most likely will loose the juice & $ due to customs. Plus youd pay alot more

Thanks for the replys guys! I will definitely looking into both sites and make a decision. I currently my juice from a local cape shop, decent stuff but kinda pricey.

VU Sponsors