Become a Patron!

Dual Battery Mod Advice: Battlestar vs Minikin v2 vs other

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them. And yeah it would make a great first mod for sure

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thought you would appreciate this buddy..

So here is my finished polished Asmodus Minikin V2 Kodama. This is a limited edition Black and red with a rainbow sparkle flake resin. Finest example of this mod.

Had all the wires replaced too with thicker gauge ones.....not to mention the solder

The pictures really don't capture the full effect or the difference when you hold it, it's a sheet of glass finish, it's perfect.

This was the result, if only it was a sunny day you really would see what I mean, maybe another day I can take another pic but still...... even with the dull weather and taken indoors WOW.

I am absolutely made up. Asmodus, take note, this is how your mods should leave the factory, especially for the money they are asking.

eqqd7l.jpg

hsl64k.jpg

2cpzyud.jpg

sv3yph.jpg

34931bd.jpg

2ro2efa.jpg

1z1saow.jpg

1408zud.jpg

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi Rixsta you did a beautiful job polishing your Minikin V2 Kodama! It is gorgeous!
Could I ask what you used on the wood?
I too was surprised that there is no gloss finish on Asmodus Stabwoods. I own the asMODus Silvanusa 70w that I bought for my Birthday present in January. I did not want to take the random FT ot GB color choice, so I checked out asModus's site and was able to choose my mod out of some 20 listed there. I also wanted to deal with an American vendor since they have a warranty and at least they could fix it if something went wrong- I didn't want to get stuck with an expensive paperweight!
I have never seen a real live stabwood in person, so not knowing what to expect- I was surprised that mine had No finish,it feels like raw wood, it is very lightweight and mine has no visible acrylic.I love it and it is the one I chose and you are right it is pricey, and I too believe it should have been polished better.
They did not have the V2 Kodamas when I purchased mine, only a few of the dual battery regular stabwood Kodamas which I didn't care for!
I have been saving up money for the V2 Kodama, maybe by my next birthday, I'd love to buy one of these!
I own the Minikin V1.5 and the V2 and love them, but I am lusting over the V2 Kodama!
20170124_130823_zpswrbpr6xg.jpg

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Rixsta you did a beautiful job polishing your Minikin V2 Kodama! It is gorgeous!
Could I ask what you used on the wood?
I too was surprised that there is no gloss finish on Asmodus Stabwoods. I own the asMODus Silvanusa 70w that I bought for my Birthday present in January. I did not want to take the random FT ot GB color choice, so I checked out asModus's site and was able to choose my mod out of some 20 listed there. I also wanted to deal with an American vendor since they have a warranty and at least they could fix it if something went wrong- I didn't want to get stuck with an expensive paperweight!
I have never seen a real live stabwood in person, so not knowing what to expect- I was surprised that mine had No finish,it feels like raw wood, it is very lightweight and mine has no visible acrylic.I love it and it is the one I chose and you are right it is pricey, and I too believe it should have been polished better.
They did not have the V2 Kodamas when I purchased mine, only a few of the dual battery regular stabwood Kodamas which I didn't care for!
I have been saving up money for the V2 Kodama, maybe by my next birthday, I'd love to buy one of these!
I own the Minikin V1.5 and the V2 and love them, but I am lusting over the V2 Kodama!
View attachment 87350

Hi SD...

http://www.axminster.co.uk/micro-mesh-soft-touch-pad-abrasives-211364

Not had a look if they are sold in the US, I'm from across the pond.

You work through the grits from 1500 to 120000 in order, takes about four hours.

The first 1500 pad makes the mod very dull, even puts fine scratch marks in the resin and wood but as you work through each grade of grit it removes them and gets polished to a glass like finish and brings out all the colors and patterns in the grain.

Just tape off the screen, don't worry about the metal parts, it will make them shine too, the trick is, don't put too much pressure on the pads, let the pads do the work, take your time and on the last three or so pads it will begin to come alive.

No wax or anything was used other than those pads. It feels like marble in the hand, you can't tell the difference between the resin and the wood, they feel the same, incredible finish and thank you, I agree, it is gorgeous.

Asmodus did a great job at making this mod, no gaps, nothing, only to fail right at the end. All that was needed was that extra four hours effort, total madness really.

If you decided to go ahead and polish yours please tag me in your post, I would love to see it and hear what you think, I assure you, those pads are amazing and unlike sand paper, they don't wear down, you can wash them afterwards and they look like brand new.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Thank You for telling me what to do and how to do it! I am sure they must sell similar grit pads here in the US! Nice to know that grit pads will shine her up- not wanting to put any varnish, which will peal off!
I agree- wished they had spent a little time polishing these mods better, a very hefty price for a mod! Right now they only have a few for sale on their site- hard to believe, but I guess all the hand work involved, they are trying to push these out quickly!
Your mod surely shines and looks beautiful - you should be proud! Maybe you should apply at asModus and show them how its done!

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thought you would appreciate this buddy..

So here is my finished polished Asmodus Minikin V2 Kodama. This is a limited edition Black and red with a rainbow sparkle flake resin. Finest example of this mod.

Had all the wires replaced too with thicker gauge ones.....not to mention the solder

The pictures really don't capture the full effect or the difference when you hold it, it's a sheet of glass finish, it's perfect.

This was the result, if only it was a sunny day you really would see what I mean, maybe another day I can take another pic but still...... even with the dull weather and taken indoors WOW.

I am absolutely made up. Asmodus, take note, this is how your mods should leave the factory, especially for the money they are asking.

eqqd7l.jpg

hsl64k.jpg

2cpzyud.jpg

sv3yph.jpg

34931bd.jpg

2ro2efa.jpg

1z1saow.jpg

1408zud.jpg
Dam it's beautiful!

VU Sponsors