Become a Patron!

dual 26650

Tom Allen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got my dual 26650 wired in series.... I have tried and tried to build a coil that won't melt in this thing. Started with a .3, then a .6 , and so far everything melts. Should I go higher like to a .9?? I'm using 22ga Kanthal A1

Blewt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
First of all, Holy shit. Second of all, whatever voltage regulator you're using should keep your coils from melting.

Tom Allen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First of all, Holy shit. Second of all, whatever voltage regulator you're using should keep your coils from melting.
Sorry forgot to say that it is unregulated. I am probably just going to have to go into my shop and see if they will help me figure it out. I'm stumped. All the builds that melted, worked fine on my Hades Mod.

Last edited:

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I understand, when running 2 batteries in series (unregulated) the voltage is doubled on a fresh charge.
So when you calculate your wattage you need to use 8.4v vs. 4.2v for your ohms law calculations.

0.3 ohm coil running at 8.4volts is 235watts at 28 amps.
0.9 ohm at 8.4volts is 78watts at around 9 amps.

Blewt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry forgot to say that it is unregulated

It's ok. I knew it was unregulated. I was just messing with you. This is why we use voltage regulators though. Out of curiosity, are you building an unregulated dual 26650 box mod because you are depressed? If so, you should probably talk to someone more qualified to help.

ETA: Series is going to double the voltage. Parallel is going to double the battery life. Without a buck regulator, you are sending around 8v to that coil. That's why it's melting.

Tom Allen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what I understand, when running 2 batteries in series (unregulated) the voltage is doubled on a fresh charge.
So when you calculate your wattage you need to use 8.4v vs. 4.2v for your ohms law calculations.

0.3 ohm coil running at 8.4volts is 235watts at 28 amps.
0.9 ohm at 8.4volts is 78watts at around 9 amps.

Yeah, I have the vapers toolbox app.... I checked all that on the app. So you all think I should go higher. I'll try a .9 8/7 wrap

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it were me I would go higher in ohms if running in series. 0.9 should be reasonable, but still will be a hot vape unless you got lots of airflow.

Is there a reason you went with wiring them up in series? If you were looking for better battery life then parallel should be the way to go.

Tom Allen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If it were me I would go higher in ohms if running in series. 0.9 should be reasonable, but still will be a hot vape unless you got lots of airflow.

Is there a reason you went with wiring them up in series? If you were looking for better battery life then parallel should be the way to go.
I didn't build it. I just forgot to ask which way he was going to wire it. I'll be running it on a Stillaire. I'll go higher and see how that works. Thanks guys

RoccoV

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When connecting your batteries in Series you are doubling the voltage while maintaining the same capacity rating (amp hours). When connecting in Parallel you are doubling the capacity (amp hours) of the battery while maintaining the voltage of one of the individual batteries. Even at .9 ohm's you'll be sending 9 amps and over 70 watts to the coil. I would recommend that you go to Battery University and do some reading. Enjoy the day!:cool:

http://batteryuniversity.com/

Tom Allen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah. Good luck, man.

At .9 you will still be pushing 75+ watts. Keep that in mind.
Yeah, I was thinking I will to a 1.5 that will get me down below 50 watts

Tom Allen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good luck Tom, keep us posted on your results :)
I finally got one to work.... Single coil .88 ohm, 22 ga. Kanthal A1...... I think that it was a 10/9 wrap around a 16D nail. I don't have my coil master yet so I had to improvise a little.

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally got one to work.... Single coil .88 ohm, 22 ga. Kanthal A1...... I think that it was a 10/9 wrap around a 16D nail. I don't have my coil master yet so I had to improvise a little.

So how does it vape for you now? Hows the flavor/clouds/heat with that build?

Tom Allen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So how does it vape for you now? Hows the flavor/clouds/heat with that build?
I think I could go lower... It has good flavor and the clouds are decent with the juice I have. I need to get some max VG. What I have now is a 0mg 50/50 pg/vg and it still chokes me out....LOL

Last edited:
I have a evod 2 and bought a pack of cartomizers that are 1.0 ohm and tried them inthe evod 2 and it will not do anything with the 1.0 ohm in there. The starter kit came with 1.5 ohm and they work fine

Tom Allen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Stillaire is still too hot.... I am going to trade one of my coil masters for a mutation X V2

0.3 ohm 24ga dual coil 8.4v on mutation x V3 custom box, not too hot but close
edit
edit
edit

VU Sponsors