Become a Patron!

dual 18650 box mod build

Thinking of building the mosfet dual 18650 box mod. Seems the 18650 batteries I was lookin at have no low voltage protection built into them and suggested not to drain them below two volts.So would it be a good idea to incorporate an onboard voltage meter in the box or how does anyone deal with this.Don't really want to ruin my batteries by over draining them. Any suggestions?

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You will get the hang of telling when the batteries are getting low by the low vapor production. You can also install a voltage meter in box. I wire mine to work when button for vape is pressed, so the reading is measured with battery sag this way, but when my meter says 3.4 when firing atty, I charge them, when i take them out and charge they are usually at 3.6 this is a true reading with no battery sag from firing. Also can put a usb charging board in to if you want to vape while chaging.

Bare mod 1.jpg

D Vaping

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am worried about the specs. So many batteries varies between 20A and 35A. Where can we get the real info on this?

The best batteries to use imo are Samsung 20r because the internal resistance is amazing. Ive been using these in box mods for about 8 months now and never have a issue. I've used every name brand battery you can think of and the only to batteries i still use are Lg he2/he4 and Samsung 20r.

VU Sponsors