Become a Patron!

Dropped subtank mini in water? Need help

Vape The Snake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dropped my sub tank in water, what shall I do with it?

Shall I empty the juice and change the coil or bin it? Need some help guys

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been meaning to get one of these for a friend. I would be very surprised if you couldn't just drain it, pop the head out, wash and dry it all, swap in a new head and keep on rockin' and when the washed head dries you could probably use it again.

Vape The Snake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How should I drain it out? And how should I wash it I'm a bit of an amateur, only been vaping a couple of months

rowsley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Water isn't going to hurt it. Just open it up and rinse it out with water and let dry. Probably replace the coil if water got inside of the tank and saturated the wick.
If you are using rba just replace the wick.

I always rinse my mini with water when I clean it.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Again, I don't have one yet but watching rip do it it looks pretty standard. Over the sink I would just take it to bits like rip shows here and wash it and dry it and swap in a new head while the old one dries.

Caboose

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wouldn't replace the coil if it got wet, just rinse it out with clean water and let it dry completely and it'll be fine. Same goes for the rest of the tank, just rinse it out and let it dry.

Vape The Snake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My main concern is the bottom of the tank which connects to the battery got submerged into the water as well, could this be an electrical hazard?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I soak all my tanks in hot water and dishsoap (without the coils) ! It'll be fine :)

Caboose

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well it could be a hazard if you popped it back onto your mod and tried using it while it was wet, but as long as you dry it you'll be fine.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wash my two Sub Tank Minis all the time. As far as the base? Open the air vent wide open and blow into the top opening. That forces a lot of the accumulated water out. Then let it dry.

Vape The Snake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ah right thanks mate, you guys are awesome I'd be screwed if it wasn't for yous :)

VU Sponsors