Become a Patron!

dropped Atlantis

Woody213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So yeah my Atlantis fell. Didn't think anything of it until I went to unscrew it. It unscrewed crooked and after further examination the bottom, where the ring is, is wonky. Any help?

Woody_

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Same thing happened to me. I used a pair of channel locks to straighten it back out. Worked but I bent the ring where the cool head screws it. This is recommend using a bench vise with cardboard between the vise and arty base. You don't have to crush it, just give it enough compression so that the bottom of the arty base moves back into place. Luckily I was able to find a replacement Atlantis tank for $20.

db3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There's too much wood in here! Get it, woody answered woody, hehe... sorry, nothing to actually add :)

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Atlantis is made the same was the Nautilus is made. The bottom cap just snaps on to hold the air flow ring in place and make the obvious electrical connections. All you should have to do is remove the drip tip and place the atty upside down on an atty stand and lightly tap aroind the 510 until the cap is seated evenly all the way round.

There are a lot of people that have taken the airflow ring off of the Nautilus so you should be able to find a YouTube video on the subject.

The Atlantis is made the same was the Nautilus is made. The bottom cap just snaps on to hold the air flow ring in place and make the obvious electrical connections. All you should have to do is remove the drip tip and place the atty upside down on an atty stand and lightly tap aroind the 510 until the cap is seated evenly all the way round.

There are a lot of people that have taken the airflow ring off of the Nautilus so you should be able to find a YouTube video on the subject.
Yes, I have taken my airflow ring off and love the airflow it gives. Just don't loose the clip if you ever want to put it back on.

VU Sponsors