Become a Patron!

Dripbox (orig) Flashing 3 Times - then nothing...

notagoodnameleft

Member For 4 Years
OK - before everyone jumps...
Flashes three times with or with out atomizer on it. does not fire. Tried original and Tsunami & Velocity 2. Tried 3 different batteries. In every case - second unit works fine with combination.

Just prior to this issue - it was sitting on the desk and fired all by itself.

I do NOT over tighten the battery - in fact the outer screw isn't tight (1/8 of a turn short), as its sticks - then the battery is secured with the inner screw - but not too tight.

I have two of these - the other is fine.

I've read the three flashes is a "low-resistance' issue - so am I safe to assume this is an issue with the board or connection to the board.

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The last time this happened to me I just plugged in the charger for a while and it was fine, before that I put a different atty on that was too big and screwed it gently and tightly until it pulled the board back into place, then tightened the battery and went back to the original atty.

Every time it blinks three times it's a new problem.

notagoodnameleft

Member For 4 Years
SHAZAAM.... EXCEPTIONAL....

Although he isn't the most flowing personality on cam, he is my favorite techy on youtube right now...

Insulator at top of battery contact was beyond flimsy - COME ON, couldn't spring for the $0.00042 for the better material - replaced with small thin piece of rubber.

I'd bitch more at Kangertech - but they did such a great job bringing this to market at a price point all can enjoy...

Vendor was useless in assiting, but very good at suggesting I did something wrong.

VU Sponsors