Become a Patron!

Drilling out caps

Woody213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I have a plume veil and its my first RBA. I love it and have been researching a lot. Now I know a lot of people drill out caps, especially on lower flow caps. But on things like Plume Veils and Darkhorses etc isnt there just a point were it actually starts to get so airy it kills clouds? My plume veil just is so airy, I like it but much more and I feel that Id be pulling so much air that clouds would get whispy as well as I might as well use unflavored juice

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you have alot of air flow it increases clouds but kills the flavor. Normally with that much air the person is running a very low OHM build. And yes there are several of the cloud chasers at my local B&M that use straight VG on these type rigs. It is cheaper for them because they cant taste juice anyway.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Woody213 I had to clean up shit machining and open my plumveil up a bunch, there was zero deck airflow and the slots were TINY.
@Oggy they are doing something wrong and just producing weather systems for fun, I run a .15 to .45 depending on my mood and only notice the flavor drop off at around .18 and below. airflow+ correct build you get tons of both flavor and clouds.

Woody213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I guess ill ahve to comapre to my marquis when it comes in. I dont have anything to compare to. Just seems like there would have to be a point where theres so much air that it doesnt produce good clouds.

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my pv, and maybe it's just me overloading it, but it leaks like a screen door on a submarine. Those 2 tiny holes on the deck can't make that much of a difference in airflow. Instead of destroying the look of it and the vape flavor of it, wouldn't it be easier to just go spend $25 and buy a mutation x v3, and having more airflow than you know what to do with...unless you're running .12 ohm on dual 20ga

Last edited:

VU Sponsors