Become a Patron!

Dotmod boro's

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Can someone with a dot mod rba please tell me if there is metal at the top around the chimney or if it is all plastic on the outside?
(where the drip tip screws down on it to hold in place)

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
It Is a metal chimney on the RBA- the only plastic is the outside tank. The 510 drip tip doesn't screw down- it just fits in the hole, it is not like a billet box where you need to screw in the metal adapter piece .

20230305_170251.jpg

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
No ,there is no screw down piece for the top of the Dot RBA except for the chimney that fits over the build , any 510 drip tip should just fit in the opening of the top of the mod once the RBA is installed not a separate piece that you have to screw down - the one metal piece in my picture goes onto the bottom of the RBA that goes in the mod, it is the air flow adjuster too as well as the contact for the mod,the other metal piece is to build your RBA and be able to connect it to a separate mod or Ohm reader to make sure your coil is the right ohms since you can't do that in the Dot AIO .
The Billet Box needs a metal screw piece to contact the RBA and the Drip Tip, not the Dotmod RBA
I usually look up tutorials on You Tube, much easier to see than explain in writing, I hopes this tutorial helps you understand the Dotmod RBA better.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
It means i should stop trying to work in a billet because there is no contact point up top no matter what adapter i use is all

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Here is a picture of the top screw contacts you need for a billet box- this is what makes contact with the mod and the RBA(boro) then you can use any 510 drip tip - The Dotmod AIO doesn't use these at all.

1678134616208.png

Some Billet Box drip tips have the screw adapter built into the drip tip - the Dotmod AIO will usually be able to use any regular 510 drip tip ( no screw contacts needed)
The Dotmod AIO mod is so very small, much smaller than a Billet Box

1678134760665.png

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I have been using the BP Modz Pioneer Insider RBA(boro) for Dotmod in my Dotmod AIO- so many nice air flow plug sizes ,from tight mouth to lung to Direct lung - very versatile. The build deck is easier and can hold a larger build too. I like the Pioneer Insider RBA much better than the dotmod RBA, they are about the same price.
BP Modz makes another Pioneer Insider for Billet Box- I have that one too.

20220507_153821.jpg

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haha, dont tell me that, now i want one.

No vape spending this year, made a rule
Godspeed

VU Sponsors