Become a Patron!

Done with Fogger, what now?

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
Well to make a long story short I was vaping my fogger v4 for a few months. Loved it. Come to find out, the threads were wearing out every time I placed it back onto my mod. Eventually it just slipped back out. Nothing left to grip. I was using it on either a Turtleship or Hana clone. I'm a little concerned about the threads on both mods, but they're still holding on to my drippers just fine.

Problem is, the hit and capacity on the Fogger was perfect. I could go back to single coil if it had the same airflow or better. I haven't really been paying attention to the vaping scene since I found the perfect setup but obviously that didn't last. Any suggestions?

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
Oooh. That Orchid looks nice. Wonder how the threads are on it. I've never had this issue.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got one coming so I can't report about the threads yet. The Squape R and Smok RSBT are also on my radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
I just ordered two. We actually have two foggers and the same thing happened to both. So I'm going with that. Could have just screwed them in too tight.

Got my eye on an Ipv2 also. That thing looks sweet.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder wats up with your Fogger's, the threads are perfect on mine (4.3).

iPV2's look cool. I joined a GB for a zna clone. I like the looks, but I'm hoping 30w will be enough over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
Your guess is as good as mine. I'd blame my hana clone, but the drippers and kayfun original and clone both fit fine.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I had trouble with my fogger v4 (4.4 aka 4.1) and contacted vendor (froginfog) and got the run around.
They referred me to manufacturer (yiloong) and after a month of back and forth they finally agreed to send me a replacement IF i paid for shipping.
If i wanted to wait a month (china post) I could pay 13.00 with DHL (5 days) it was 35.00
SO... basically I just bought a new one. Hmmm

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hmmm, that AGA T7 has caught my eye.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the Fogger and the Hcigar HC kayfun coming. Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on the Fogger threads with my Cloupor Cana.
I had to return the Orchid. The post holes were drilled so high on the post that the set screws didn't have enough threads to catch. Other's have been happy with it so it's the luck of the draw.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My Orchid for OriginVape should be here tomorrow so I will see how mine is.

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
My Orchid (tobeco) just got here. Vaping on it now. Initial impressions.

The build quality is pretty good. The only issue I had is a few of the screws it comes with are just too small for the threads to catch. I was able to find a good pair from the extras they came with.

I built it with 2 28g micro coils. 5/64th bit. 10 wraps. Comes out to .8 just like my fogger. The thing chucks the clouds. You'd definitely need some extra juice with you. No way this thing holds 4ml as advertised. I'm already halfway through a tank.

For $20 this thing is definitely worth it. The screws were weird on both of them but like I said I'm vaping.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Awesome that you got a good one. Mine unfortunately is not very good. No matter what I do it leaks terribly from the air holes. I have kayfuns so I know how to do the vacuum thing. I tried different ways and nope it just pours out. Seems to be hit or miss with these. So, I will send her on back and see what else might interest me. I don't really want to try another Tobeco one. Although it is not a RBA the Holmes RDA looks like it might be pretty nice.

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently got the angelcigs black Fogger and after a few builds I got it working right. Built my fiances and got it right on the 1st try. Not bad. My last try at a rebuildable tank was a POS Kayfun clone. Have to keep an eye on the threads. Using both on cloupor 30's.

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
Awesome that you got a good one. Mine unfortunately is not very good. No matter what I do it leaks terribly from the air holes. I have kayfuns so I know how to do the vacuum thing. I tried different ways and nope it just pours out. Seems to be hit or miss with these. So, I will send her on back and see what else might interest me. I don't really want to try another Tobeco one. Although it is not a RBA the Holmes RDA looks like it might be pretty nice.

I leaked on my first one. Then put the wick all the way through the base. In the fogger I barely put any. This is the exact opposite. I could show you my build if it'd help.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That would be awesome @dud3r I mean I really like the look of the Orchid so I am willing to keep playing around with it for a bit. That and I am thinking I may get out my kayfun and the glass tank and start messing around with different caps etc etc. That and I have just about every type of wicking material you can think of soooo. :)

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
That would be awesome @dud3r I mean I really like the look of the Orchid so I am willing to keep playing around with it for a bit. That and I am thinking I may get out my kayfun and the glass tank and start messing around with different caps etc etc. That and I have just about every type of wicking material you can think of soooo. :)

Will do it sometime tonight. Finally have something to contribute!

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You're awesome.........mwah

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
As promised. Here is how I build my orchids.

pe5ebaqa.jpg

Two micro coils. I mounted them in holes 1 and 3 then 2 and 4. Not sure if you can see that in the picture.

a5yga4e3.jpg

Cellucotton wicking. Pack it in just dense enough to not move the placement of the coils.

a5u8yjav.jpg

Poof out the cotton to make it easier to trim to size. You want some in the channels but not packed. Careful not to snip off the legs of your coils.

3asaru5a.jpg

Once you've trimmed the wick nearly to size, wet it and push it into channels. Should be just enough wicking to stay saturated and not clog the channels. Think of it this way. You don't want enough to have so much in there that you're forcing the chamber on. Notice the wicking comes all the way down to base.

ba8a9a9a.jpg

Finished. Notice how much wick was actually trimmed away.

A little time consuming but worth it in my opinion. With clear juices I expect this to last a good week or so.

Hope it helps.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad to hear you found some that worked. None of the extras would grab on my negative posts.
I'm quite pleased with the Hcigar HC. Nice airflow and taste and the build quality is excellent. Not nearly as heavy with the pyrex and guard as I thought it might be and the easiest kayfun to take apart I've worked with.
The Fogger, meh. So-so really. Just made me appreciate the Aqua. I'll keep playing with the build and wicking but so far it doesn't have the flavor or vapor of the Aqua with the same juice and coil setup, just holds more juice and is easier to fill. Took a while to find the optimum setup for my tastes on the Aqua so we'll see. After seeing the juice capacity on the Orchid I wasn't too unhappy with sending it back. If they come up with a larger tank and add a fill screw I might give it a go again.

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
WOW @dud3r what a great pictorial! Thank you so much for getting all that posted! Woot, gonna try this later tonight

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Got a replacement fogger v4.1 (4.4) today from yiloong. First build NO leaks or post problems.
Very pleased as my old one gave me trouble.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Outstanding Budkiss! Congrats

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh goodness, sorry @dud3r I thought I had replied to this. I did and the orchid still had a problem so I sent it back. But this looks like a great build for the fogger too so I will try that later tonight. :) I really think the one I got was defective. The inside on the top cap right where the o-ring sits looked just a hair off in the machining so I am gonna get the Holmes RDA as soon as I get the credit for the orchid.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Okay just did it on the Fogger. Obviosuly it's a little different with how you attach the coils but I followed how you did your wicks and it seems to vaping real good. I was getting quite a few dry hits before. I was pulling the wicks through the top of the chamber cap and then cutting them at the edge. Then I would just tuck them down on the deck. Doing the way you showed by putting a little in the grooves it seems to work better. Thanks so much!

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
Well, if you are done with it, you should give it to me. :D

ZrhusZMl.jpg

I'd just fix it. I love mine to death.

How would you fix stripped threads? I still have it and wouldn't mind getting it back into the rotation.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I just got the Kaiser RBA and this thing blows my fogger away :) It takes a bit to get used to how to build it but once I got it right the flavor is SO intense.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Put the spare oring on the chimney pipe (2 total) to seal it up and stop the leaking.
You don't need to choke off the channels if it is sealed.
The V2 has an oring in the top cap to seal it... much better. The negative posts are much better also... much much better.

I've got one and really like it but that thing drinks the juice! I have to fill mine constantly. I hope in the future they decide to make a kayfun sized Orchis with a bigger tank.

VU Sponsors