Become a Patron!

Does the jig really help builds?

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
So i got a amazon gift card and was looking at the jigs on there to build coils do.anyone use them. What are your thoughts... i guess its for you to build the coil then to wick it later i have only used silica so i wrap using the silica

Thanks

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Which jig? Some are no better than simply wrapping your own in terms of ease of use..

Blewt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No. Just use a drill bit or a precision screwdriver. These are used to build coils that use cotton/hemp etc. It would be tough getting silica through an existing coil.

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
Oh. Alright right off dont.remeber the names on amazon some were 12.00 some 21.00. Well i have wanted to try cotten but just not yet

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I love the Coil Master jig that RBA Supplies sells.

Don't know if they are sold on Amazon though.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love the Coil Master jig that RBA Supplies sells.

Don't know if they are sold on Amazon though.

I was going to ask how you liked it.. I wish things were labeled.. I was a little lost just taking everything out of the packaging .. i know there are detailed instructions I need to go look up when I have some time

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I was going to ask how you liked it.. I wish things were labeled.. I was a little lost just taking everything out of the packaging .. i know there are detailed instructions I need to go look up when I have some time

Try this link...

http://www.rbasupplies.com/help

I think it runs about 7 minutes and is really easy to follow.

And I LOVE it. Should last a lifetime as it is well made and a very simple device with really nothing to go wrong with it.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Try this link...

http://www.rbasupplies.com/help

I think it runs about 7 minutes and is really easy to follow.

And I LOVE it. Should last a lifetime as it is well made and a very simple device with really nothing to go wrong with it.

Glad to hear and thanks for the link! I'm going to twist something up tonight with it.. Just had too much vape mail to play with last night! (gotta love when thats considered a problem lol)

ResistaΩce

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Coil jigs are a great addition to any vape kit, I have several but for some odd reason I always tend to grab my trusty screwdriver, something bout that thing that just makes coil building so much simpler. maybe cause its larger than a jig..... /shrugs
Ohh man you def need to use cotton, unless yer rebuilding kangers, toss that silica out.. :)

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Coil jigs are a great addition to any vape kit, I have several but for some odd reason I always tend to grab my trusty screwdriver, something bout that thing that just makes coil building so much simpler. maybe cause its larger than a jig..... /shrugs
Ohh man you def need to use cotton, unless yer rebuilding kangers, toss that silica out.. :)

I think the larges size is 3mm. More than large enough for my purposes anyway.

But hey, if you dig using the tried and true screwdriver, go with it!:D

Blewt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Back when we were punching cartos, you could either buy a carto punch or use a finishing nail and a rock. I was more of a nail/rock guy but whatever works for you is best :)

ResistaΩce

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea, my trusted screwdriver(s) are just easier for me to grab onto and wrap.I do use my coil jigs when i make micro-coils..

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There's always the Pepper Coiler.
pepper.jpg

Edit: By the way. This was NOT my idea. I stole it from someone who's nick I fail miserably to remember in the FT forums. Who may or not have been the first.

Last edited:

Blewt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's pretty awesome. I might have to go build one of those right now :cool:

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
Thanks, After reading some reviews I decided to not get one off Amazon. Picked couple other things. Thanks.
and you all must have small hands, i think us with big hands are at a downfall trying to build coils or maybe there something I am missing to make it easier

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's pretty awesome. I might have to go build one of those right now :cool:
Works absurdly well. And finally a use for those rounded Kayfun clone screws. I just heat the end a little (a little) on whatever I want to wrap on and poke it through the cap quickly. Perfect fit. 1/16" for the kayfun screw.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The wrapping part is super easy once you get the hang of it, the harder part is fitting it in your atty and no jig will help with that.

cupracer92

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

For way cheaper you can get this new coil jig sticks for under $10 with shipping -> Kuro Coil Jig

2066300-2.jpg

I have one of coil master too, been using it for a week.
it's really whorted to buy.
1501fa6cf8277db43f16227268d7d3b7.jpg

Im from Indonesia, I bought it for Rp150K aprox $12.
Got 5 different size from 1mm to 3mm.
And it helps alot.

Last edited:

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
For way cheaper you can get this new coil jig sticks for under $10 with shipping -> Kuro Coil Jig
Now that is Awesome, had not seen that. I need that... ha ha... Yeah the putting the coil in the adimizer is the hard part for me. mine dont have holes I think the ones with holes in the posts are better.

I have some bacon Cotton on the way to give a try. it be the first time trying any type of cotton

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought one from Vipster Vapes when I bought my Kayfun Undead, I love it personally and I use it all the time. I mean, for 10-15 bucks is worth it to me, too have something to not only wrap coils on, but also to be able to wick and reassemble off my mod. And when I'm not building on it, it makes a very secure stand.

569b880cc9ddc76e57e66b9de3092614.jpg

screw the jig , keep it ol skool and buy more wire and silica instead and save your money. you can build with percision screw driver set which is about 4 bucks at lowes or home depot.

CraxyBoxMaker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wrap faster on my little jig i posted... faster wraps tighter coils and 90% of the time i only pinch coils once on heat up and im done :)

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
I want that coil.wrapper tool now i.think that be awesome.. it was a girf card i.was going.to.use i.got.cotten.bacon.and.a.ohm.tester instead

I wrap faster on my little jig i posted... faster wraps tighter coils and 90% of the time i only pinch coils once on heat up and im done :)
Your jig is the best for positioning coil on to the rda, there is nothing compare to it.
Yeah I guess every device has each benefit though.

VU Sponsors