Become a Patron!

Does organic vaping cotton expire?

Hello World,

Came into some money and I wanna stock up on organic cotton, looking to place a kinda large order(for me), might last me for... don't know, a decade or more might not be exaggerating. So my question is do I have to worry about this cotton expiring?

Thank you.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Alright, first, allow me to say I desire answering this question. Secondly, allow me to in absolute honesty, I can not answer the question. I honestly do not know if cotton, organic or not, expires, goes bad.

I can only say I have had a bunch of organic cotton for three to five years. I have no sense of smell. My wife has not noticed any odor from the cotton in question. It seems to wick and let me vape well enough to suit.

Beyond anecdotal, I have no further answer regarding cotton expiring, going bad. I know if one leaves it exposed, then, yes it is very likely it would spoil, mildew, rot. That's the sum of what I know and can offer. Hope it helps.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am sure that if you put it in an airtight container with packets of desiccant to keep things dry, it would last longer, as compared to storing in a place supposed to moisture. But then, I've had a container of cotton balls on a shelf (here in arid Texas) for around 10 years with no desiccant, and I'm sure they'll last at least another 20.

Well for the most part the cotton will spend it's time sealed in the package it comes in. Once I open a package it will probably last me for a year or so, and from the picture on the site I think the package can seal up after opening like those zipper bags. And they will be kept in a drawer away from sunlight or humidty, etc.
So I guess I should be good.

Thank you guys.

VU Sponsors