Become a Patron!

Does Loctite Epoxy dry as a thick solid?

TheVapesta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm going to be adding a internal voltmeter to my unregulated box mod, and i need a good epoxy to firmly mount it in place.

Ive never used epoxies before and the Loctite caught my attention because it dries fast and clear. But i want the epoxy to dry thick, almost like a silicone so it can get a good grip on the voltmeter and firmly hold it in place.

Im hoping it's not soupy or liquidy like super glue and doesnt dry flat like super glue.

Just want to make sure before i buy some Loctite Epoxy.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Merging these two identical threads - I think General Rebuildable is the best place for this question...also a bump, hoping you get some answers...

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They might. I guess it's a test of the locktite.

TheVapesta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They might. I guess it's a test of the locktite.

JB Weld has metal properties in it, doesn't it? That would ruin the voltmeter if I get it on the PCB traces or parts that make up the voltmeter. I haven't seen any JB Weld clear epoxies at local stores. Gorilla Glue has a clear epoxy, but I hate their brand of super glue because it expands over 3x after setting.

I'll try this Loctite 5 Minute Epoxy when it comes to build time and report back! I'll due a test run before hand on some cardboard.

VU Sponsors