Become a Patron!

Does juice type limit your wattage?

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am finding that my juice doesn't do well with higher wattage. I do max vg, and love sweet vanilla juices. I have several tanks and coils which handle various wattage ranges. 1.2 crown coils rated for up to 30 watts, smok vct coils which have ranges up to 30 watts, innokin isubs-.5 which go up to 30 watts and .2 isubs which are supposed to fire up to 50 watts. I have yet to push any of these coils to their upper ranges (except for the crown 1.2s). The smok taste bad above 25 watts, and the .2 isubs even give me dry burnt hits above 30. Dialing the wattage back down makes things taste fine again so the coils haven't been burnt up. I started at 25 watts and ramped up slowly, I thought. Do you find that sweet juice just burns above 30 watts? I just ordered a 200 watt mod and now I wonder if it's even necessary. I never planned to vape quite that hot, but apparently I don't even need 40 watts at the moment. Burnt juice tastes nasty. I have high hopes for the crown .5s with higher watts, but I'm afraid I'll just taste burnt juice and cotton.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As you're finding out, different juices have different requirements. Especially if you're chasing flavor. Why buy a Ferrari if you're just going to drive around the block?

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After a certain (resistance dependent) point, as wattage goes up, flavor goes down.
200 watt mods are 100% for cloud chasers only. Are you vaping MTL or direct lung re this thread?
Direct lung.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I never planned to vape up that high really. I'm more concerned with taste here than clouds.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As you're finding out, different juices have different requirements. Especially if you're chasing flavor. Why buy a Ferrari if you're just going to drive around the block?
LOL. Good point. Even though I drive a suzuki, I'd like to drive an Escalade every now and then.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was just curious as to why I can't get past 30 watts, when the coil has the ability to do 50.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I expect your "sweet spot" will be the Crown tank with the .25 ohm coils. (mebbe 45-65 watts)
Usable on temp control or not, either way, they're dam good.

200 watts is way overkill.
I'll keep that in mind. I figured I'd never need that much but the 200 was cheaper than the 75 I was looking at. I figured, why not...

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll keep that in mind. I figured I'd never need that much but the 200 was cheaper than the 75 I was looking at. I figured, why not...
I really just wanted the capability of 60+ watts, because of the crown tank.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was just curious as to why I can't get past 30 watts, when the coil has the ability to do 50.

It's all about what gives you the best flavor/sensation. It has nothing to do with the equipment's ability, unless it's incapable of producing what you need. You're taste buds are happy under 30 watts. Why not enjoy it, instead of trying to change it? You can always build your own coils, pushing more watts to heat them because they require more watts to generate the same amount of heat you used to get at 18 watts, on a simple build.

Your mileage may vary. Do what makes you happy.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's all about what gives you the best flavor/sensation. It has nothing to do with the equipment's ability, unless it's incapable of producing what you need. You're taste buds are happy under 30 watts. Why not enjoy it, instead of trying to change it? You can always build your own coils, pushing more watts to heat them because they require more watts to generate the same amount of heat you used to get at 18 watts, on a simple build.

Your mileage may vary. Do what makes you happy.
I have not considered building coils, as of yet. I may in the future. But you're right as far as my taste buds liking about 30 watts so far. I am anxious to be able to try the sub ohm crown coils though. I don't think I have enough fire power for them at the moment.

VU Sponsors