Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just curious if anyone here does this. Pm me with prices if so. Thank you.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone curious about DIY juice finds this thread, I'd like to add a comment for them.

When people ask whether I want to try their homemade juice, I think of the scene in Kill Bill Vol. 2 where Budd makes Elle a margarita. Likely a fine beverage; just not made with the best of care. Personally, I've been really lucky with my DIY batches, but I'm also as clean as possible to remove the possibilities of cross-contaminatiion. But that isn't always successful. I used to brew beer and wine, and even after always sanitizing every single thing, I still managed to ruin one batch of each.

I know a family that owns a vape shop. One of the juices they carry is one they make in a cleanroom. They have expressed zero concern about my kitchen-counter juices, when I thought I'd get an earful. At the same time, they have mentioned their reluctance to carry any any extra brands for the store because the products might be, as they describe, "bathtub juice." If I get more info from them, I'll report back. By the way, they said they get samples from an average of THREE new juice brands a WEEK. What???

[This is the space where I would add a link to an outside website, or another juice thread. Sorry; running out of time.]

cobalt327

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Personally I think DIY juice might be something worth doing oneself (it is for me) instead of buying DIY juice from an unknown source- lord knows there are enough sites, threads and such showing how to do it as well as taste-tested recipes. Also there are commercial juice vendors who sell for very competitive prices. Throw in a sale or coupon code and you're very close to DIY, cost-wise.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Personally I think DIY juice might be something worth doing oneself (it is for me) instead of buying DIY juice from an unknown source- lord knows there are enough sites, threads and such showing how to do it as well as taste-tested recipes. Also there are commercial juice vendors who sell for very competitive prices. Throw in a sale or coupon code and you're very close to DIY, cost-wise.
That's very true. A lot of vendors are really coming down on pricing, lately. It's refreshing to see. DIY can be SO SUPER CHEAP if you don't get all crazy with flavorings.... which I have, LOL! But really, it's just so simple to do. I freaked out when I first started out, but it's just too easy once you do your research.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to diy, but I can't afford the stuff to get started right now. My wife and I moved from Pennsylvania to Florida in April and I haven't been able to find a job. I only have a few dollars to spend right now, so I'm hoping a diy'er might be willing to sell me a fairly generous quantity for a low price.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm with bean on this one for different reasons, my small little house has no place to do this effectively and I honestly don't have the time. It is nice tho that there are a bunch of options all over for $20 120ml bottles, which to me is the right price. I understand the concerns tho of buying from some random person, but to me it isn't any different than buying shop juice they mix at the counter.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
It's no worse than eating at any restaurant. You have no idea what goes on behind the kitchen doors of some. The posted health inspection score gives you a random idea of the conditions for one day. My late husband was an electrician who did a lot of work at many restaurants in the town where we lived. After he saw the kitchens of a few of them, our list of favorite places to eat shortened drastically.
I'd put the cleanliness of the mixing area of my little office against some of the big vendors' "labs" any day. ;)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's no worse than eating at any restaurant. You have no idea what goes on behind the kitchen doors of some. The posted health inspection score gives you a random idea of the conditions for one day. My late husband was an electrician who did a lot of work at many restaurants in the town where we lived. After he saw the kitchens of a few of them, our list of favorite places to eat shortened drastically.
I'd put the cleanliness of the mixing area of my little office against some of the big vendors' "labs" any day. ;)
speaking of kitchens....

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's very true. A lot of vendors are really coming down on pricing, lately. It's refreshing to see. DIY can be SO SUPER CHEAP if you don't get all crazy with flavorings.... which I have, LOL! But really, it's just so simple to do. I freaked out when I first started out, but it's just too easy once you do your research.
@Huckleberried send me some juice Im almost out

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing is for sure, I will be buying some diy supplies in bulk as soon as I find a job. I reckon a gallon of vg would last me a very long time.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with bean on this one for different reasons, my small little house has no place to do this effectively and I honestly don't have the time. It is nice tho that there are a bunch of options all over for $20 120ml bottles, which to me is the right price. I understand the concerns tho of buying from some random person, but to me it isn't any different than buying shop juice they mix at the counter.

I usually mix at my PC desk. True story :D
But I don't sell it. Also a true story :cool:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I have two desks, one for the computer and a never-ending pile of papers, labels, pens and markers, the printer, etc...But swirl that chair around and we have another desk with mixing supplies, the scale, the little rubber mat I mix on (I'm messy), the alcohol and antibacterial wipes, gloves...and it's cleeeaaan!

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, they said they get samples from an average of THREE new juice brands a WEEK. What???

Everybody wants in on the 50+% profit margin.
The ship sailed long ago, and is sinking fast.

I don't even mention that I DIY when I go into a store.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the feeling. I've been making my own for 2 years now. I could spend 100 bucks a week on liquid when I can make the same amount for 5 bucks. I do sell it but to family and just enough to cover my cost and pay for my habit.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I get lazy I might buy some. However, I look for more affordable e-liquid. I still have a brand new bottle of gas station eliquid I had to buy. The worst shit ever. Otherwise, I diy 99% of the time. I'm going to start making eliquid in 500ml at a time so I can focus on real world activities.
But the packaging looks nice. Doesn't it lolol
I feel your pain.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Takes about an hour with some canning jars I make up 3000ml of base and just flavor when I
run low in my 100 ml bottles

I do that, too, but not quite that much base.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Takes about an hour with some canning jars I make up 3000ml of base and just flavor when I
run low in my 100 ml bottles

Hmmm, does that reduce mix to vape times? Seems like it would, since your flavors have had some time to steep within your base.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a US for 10 minutes after I add flavor but that is all I do.

I'm figuring (in my case) the flavorings would be fully steeped within the VG by the time I got around to using it. I know a lot of people mix base and flavorings in quantity, for future use. But I never have.

I only work with 3 or 4 basic recipes. So it would be a no brainer for me to mix them in a 32 ounce amber jar. Then combine the Nic at a later time, in a smaller container.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I'm figuring (in my case) the flavorings would be fully steeped within the VG by the time I got around to using it. I know a lot of people mix base and flavorings in quantity, for future use. But I never have.

I only work with 3 or 4 basic recipes. So it would be a no brainer for me to mix them in a 32 ounce amber jar. Then combine the Nic at a later time, in a smaller container.
When I do mine, it's just an unflavored base mix. Makes for speedy mixing on the fly later.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I make up about 16 ounces of base at a time, and then either 30 ml bottles (or 240 ml of my adv). I make 30ml bottles of flavor mixes, and then just use those in the overall percentage for the recipe. I've recently realized I need to make bigger quantities of everything..!

penstyle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would love to diy, but I can't afford the stuff to get started right now. My wife and I moved from Pennsylvania to Florida in April and I haven't been able to find a job. I only have a few dollars to spend right now, so I'm hoping a diy'er might be willing to sell me a fairly generous quantity for a low price.

Where in FL are you?

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the good folks who messaged me is willing to sell me 30ml of the flavor I'm looking for, $7 shipped. This will last me a good long while, because I'm only planning to drip it so it should last me a month or more, I will have 5 flavors to rotate through for dripping, plus the flavor that's in my tank which I'm planning to use only in my tank, that's 6 flavors altogether. 3 of the flavors will only be 10ml each for now, but in rotation should still last me a good while. I will have the white peach, that's what I'm buying from a member here, then I have some island tobacco, orange tic tac and soon I will have 10ml each of vanilla custard, captain cereal and peanut butter cup. Building myself a nice flavor profile. All of these juices are homemade. The 10ml bottles are samples which I will eventually buy if I like them. I have a friend back home in PA who has another friend who diy's, the samples are coming from him. I'm finding so far I really enjoy homemade juices, so I'm thinking I will either make my own or only buy homemade. I do eventually want to make my own, but until I can afford the supplies to do so I will buy diy from others. It's not only because it costs less, I've liked the homemade juices I have gotten so far.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bro if your hard on cash for cheap juice but great quality go to vapewild.com its 2.99 for a ten ml and 6.99 for 60ml 17.99 for 120ml

cobalt327

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Actually 120 ml costs $25.98 (over 21 cents/ml) after adding shipping. Base price is $19.99 ($17 + 2.99). They have free shipping over $30.00 that will bring the cost down. ;)

Last edited:

cobalt327

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
If you just want to talk cheap prices, Fasttech sells Chinese eliquid for about 7.5 cents/ml ($13.42 for 180ml delivered). Never tried it and never will, just saying it's cheap. Any cheaper juice out there?

FWIW VistaVapors advertises "free" juice, just pay $1.99 shipping. Sounds good until the math shows this works out to almost 17 cents/ml- plus the juice is nothing to write home about. Tried 2 flavors- they were gross, but I doubt they're all bad.

ITCvapes.com sells inexpensive juice, and are US based. I have vaped several flavors and can say it's decent juice. Prices vary but can be 15 cents/ml or less during sales. This was the cheapest juice I bought before starting DIY, although there may well be other vendors w/as good or better prices/quality.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at vista vapors free juices, wasn't interested. Can't get 3mg nic and all the free flavors are 50/50. I vape max vg, so I just didn't even bother with that.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you just want to talk cheap prices, Fasttech sells Chinese eliquid for about 7.5 cents/ml ($13.42 for 180ml delivered). Never tried it and never will, just saying it's cheap. Any cheaper juice out there?

Actually, FT sell Hangsen and Liqua among others if ordering from China doesn't give you the 'squirms' too badly. :)

I order there about once a month but deliver generally takes 10 to 11 days so an immediate need will go unsatisfied. And no, I've never ordered e-liquids .... I spend too much on DIY. :D

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mech sauce is 18.99 for 120ml. ( mechsause.com )The sell smaller bottles too for less of course. That price is before shipping. Since I make my own juice I don't order much or buy much juice but I do like their flavors. I've never had one from them I didn't like. They used to be a little slow on shipping (7-9 days to door)l but I think they have that fixed. Of course they also used to be $15 for 120ml, then $16.50, now $18.99. I feel they are worth it, but to me buying juice is a splurge. Once you get into diy and start getting decent you'll find that you hate spending money that could be spent on diy supplies to buy someone else's juice.

I don't consider myself a diy master at all and still have a lot to learn, but I am getting more confident and starting to come up with multiple recipes that I really enjoy as well as having some recipes from other outstanding members here who have contributed. It's an enjoyable hobby that takes patience, but once you get it down you'll see just how inexpensive (after startup costs of flavors and such) it is to make your own.

Another suggestion, mamaj's has some premade flavors where you just add base and nic. You can't read too much on here without coming across gameover custard. (which is really good btw). I really enjoyed their cherry pie too. I've never had a cherry anything that turned out not tasting artificial and that one really impressed me how spot on it was.

Good luck.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
that one really impressed me how spot on it was.
Big ditto to that one! Wow, that's a good one!!

I'm like you, I really don't buy juice. I hear about good sales, good vendors, etc... but it's just so easy with all the recipes posted here to keep on with DIY. I did recently splurge after hearing so much about Scope's Juice, though. I had to try out that Iced Oatmeal Cookie. Man that stuff is good. I picked up his Apricot Dreams while I was at it. Quite yummy, too. Glad to support him.

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big ditto to that one! Wow, that's a good one!!

I'm like you, I really don't buy juice. I hear about good sales, good vendors, etc... but it's just so easy with all the recipes posted here to keep on with DIY. I did recently splurge after hearing so much about Scope's Juice, though. I had to try out that Iced Oatmeal Cookie. Man that stuff is good. I picked up his Apricot Dreams while I was at it. Quite yummy, too. Glad to support him.

Exactly. I went to a vape convention last week and there were tons of vendors there. I'll bet I sampled over 100 different juices from all these "premium" vendors. There were a few there I was really impressed with. One was a guy with his own small line who created the juice. We talked for awhile about making juice and I could tell he really had put a lot of effort into his mixes. I bought 2 bottles he was selling there for 2 for $10. They're good. But his normal price is the typical $20 for 30ml. I'm not spending that.

After I left there I actually had a bigger appreciation for my diy. It's nice to know you can do just as good on your own. Sometimes even better. Not that I'm a juice snob or a pretentious mixer. It's just that in doing diy you're going to end up making juices to your liking. There were an awful lot of juices there I wasn't impressed with and the few there I really did like I couldn't bring myself to spend $20 for 30ml for ever.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Exactly. I went to a vape convention last week and there were tons of vendors there. I'll bet I sampled over 100 different juices from all these "premium" vendors. There were a few there I was really impressed with. One was a guy with his own small line who created the juice. We talked for awhile about making juice and I could tell he really had put a lot of effort into his mixes. I bought 2 bottles he was selling there for 2 for $10. They're good. But his normal price is the typical $20 for 30ml. I'm not spending that.

After I left there I actually had a bigger appreciation for my diy. It's nice to know you can do just as good on your own. Sometimes even better. Not that I'm a juice snob or a pretentious mixer. It's just that in doing diy you're going to end up making juices to your liking. There were an awful lot of juices there I wasn't impressed with and the few there I really did like I couldn't bring myself to spend $20 for 30ml for ever.
I fully agree with you! I've won some juices over the last year that were mostly "meh". No wonder I had such a difficult time finding a juice I liked when I first started vaping!! Merkury Black label has a marshmallow treat that wasn't bad. I've won about 18 bottles of juice, mostly on Mod Envy, and that was the only one I really cared for enough to refill my tank. Scope was the first stuff I'd bought in 18 months. Like you said, you can tell he cares about what he makes, because it really is good. But, for anyone unsure, those recipes in the DIY have become my ADV. It was mind blowing to me how good DIY can be.

VU Sponsors