Become a Patron!

Do you still use SS mesh?

Anyways, I don't oxidize my ss mesh wicks that's why it wicks very well (of course I primed them with a torch). Shorts? I put small insulators on the tip of the mesh roll just enough that it wount touch the metal base of the atty. Where to get these insulators? Old broken attys. The circular 510 center pin insulators works realy well, just cut into specs.

Thank you sir! If I were to get into a traditional style Genny. Which would you suggest? The smaller the better. I like the Nextiny/Nextasis size atomizers.
Weird, in a forum concerning SS mess, unless I missed it (always a possibility with my attention spaaaaa) no one suggested to you or has mentioned owning the Origen MKII (by Norbert). They're still widely available and the only genny I bother with anymore. And yes, I've owned MM's DID–loved their signature mech mod, V Ant's Kraken–God did I go through those glass replacement tanks, In'Ax versions 1, 2, & 3–easy to coil and I never had wicking issues as some apparently did–Zen–crap flavor, and on and on and on, every high end flavor of the week, month or year, I bought it.
Let's just say, had the Origen had been around (and I'd stumbled upon it) six years ago when I began employing RTAs & stainless steel wicks, I could have retired two years sooner.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Weird, in a forum concerning SS mess, unless I missed it (always a possibility with my attention spaaaaa) no one suggested to you or has mentioned owning the Origen MKII (by Norbert). They're still widely available and the only genny I bother with anymore. And yes, I've owned MM's DID–loved their signature mech mod, V Ant's Kraken–God did I go through those glass replacement tanks, In'Ax versions 1, 2, & 3–easy to coil and I never had wicking issues as some apparently did–Zen–crap flavor, and on and on and on, every high end flavor of the week, month or year, I bought it.
Let's just say, had the Origen had been around (and I'd stumbled upon it) six years ago when I began employing RTAs & stainless steel wicks, I could have retired two years sooner.
If you mean the Origenny v2 MKii ..yeah I had one...it was not a favorite of mine, the flavor was pretty good I like the fact it had a 4mm wickhole and chamber reducers,but it was one of those things where when you try to please everybody you please no one...it tried to do everything in one atty flavor chasers and cloud chasers...which meant it had way too many pieces to it and it was akward and difficult to build on with all the tiny pieces...that center post screw should have been bigger and chunkier...I have gennys that are reserved for flavor chasing, and I have gennys that allow me to blow bigger clouds and have more options for airflow...and honestly if I wanted a genny with a big wickhole and more airflow I go to the Le Zephyr or the Nextera, before the Origenny.

Take a look here if you haven't already: https://www.blacknote.com/why-black-note/

Best of all, zero gunking, you can easily go several months without having to clean the wick/coil.

Boy, I'd really like to know what I'm doing wrong. For the past five or so years I've vaped using SS mesh/Kanthal and nothing but, and I've had the same results. That is to say a coil would last me forever, well, close to a month at least. However, since switching to vaping Black Note's juice (chiefly Quartet and Prelude, and recently two of the new blends, Rock and Jazz) I find I have to recoil at least weekly.

I continue to employ the same equipment I have for used for years–the Origen Genesis V2 MKII–I now own four (until finding the Origin I tried virtually every genny that came down the pike, and IMO it's the gold standard). The same 350 or 400 ss mesh and Kanthal (gauges 29/30/31 depending on the number of coils I want to try) and that's it. The only difference being that before Black Note, which is only available in a 50/50 PG/VG mix, I never once bought juice that was more than 30% VG–and when there was the option, I'd almost always go with a juice of 90 or a 100% PG.

I'm utterly sold, hooked even, on Black Note's flavour and "hit"; so any idea/s as to why my %$&*@! coils are now "gunking up" in so little time will be more than appreciated.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Boy, I'd really like to know what I'm doing wrong. For the past five or so years I've vaped using SS mesh/Kanthal and nothing but, and I've had the same results. That is to say a coil would last me forever, well, close to a month at least. However, since switching to vaping Black Note's juice (chiefly Quartet and Prelude, and recently two of the new blends, Rock and Jazz) I find I have to recoil at least weekly.

I continue to employ the same equipment I have for used for years–the Origen Genesis V2 MKII–I now own four (until finding the Origin I tried virtually every genny that came down the pike, and IMO it's the gold standard). The same 350 or 400 ss mesh and Kanthal (gauges 29/30/31 depending on the number of coils I want to try) and that's it. The only difference being that before Black Note, which is only available in a 50/50 PG/VG mix, I never once bought juice that was more than 30% VG–and when there was the option, I'd almost always go with a juice of 90 or a 100% PG.

I'm utterly sold, hooked even, on Black Note's flavour and "hit"; so any idea/s as to why my %$&*@! coils are now "gunking up" in so little time will be more than appreciated.
Well that is the price you have to pay to vape NETs, and honestly Black Note is the cleanest NET juice I've run across....alot of guys who vape NET's throw away their cotton wick and dry burn their coils daily.....you are not doing anything wrong it's the juice, there has been a continual search for how to make a NET juice that was clean enough to not trash coils on the one hand but could also deliver real tobacco flavor...for me NET juices are a once in awhile treat, they are just to much of a hassle for daily use...unless you wanna vape on cotton....and cotton to me mutes the flavor so much it's a waste of good NET juice.

Well that is the price you have to pay to vape NETs, and honestly Black Note is the cleanest NET juice I've run across....alot of guys who vape NET's throw away their cotton wick and dry burn their coils daily.....you are not doing anything wrong it's the juice, there has been a continual search for how to make a NET juice that was clean enough to not trash coils on the one hand but could also deliver real tobacco flavor...for me NET juices are a once in awhile treat, they are just to much of a hassle for daily use...unless you wanna vape on cotton....and cotton to me mutes the flavor so much it's a waste of good NET juice.

Hey, thanks for the quick response! I guess I'll just have to adjust to rebuilding more frequently–that and continue suggesting to the folks at Black Note that they make available ratios other than 50%/50%. I do know I'm not going to futz around with cotton. Not only, as you say, is the flavor less than it should be, I found it to be a bigger pain in the butt to set up when I did experiment with it.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, thanks for the quick response! I guess I'll just have to adjust to rebuilding more frequently–that and continue suggesting to the folks at Black Note that they make available ratios other than 50%/50%. I do know I'm not going to futz around with cotton. Not only, as you say, is the flavor less than it should be, I found it to be a bigger pain in the butt to set up when I did experiment with it.
yeah..it's not that big of a deal to pull the wick out gives it a good torching, and wrap a new coil....everybody is different I'm pretty picky and rebuild pretty often anyway. although the MKII V2 always pissed me off the deck is just full of teeny parts.

Mcowan226

Member For 1 Year
Hey all. I have been and vaping building for a couple years now, but in the last couple months I have started buying some higher end mods and saw everyone using the oxygene vampire with cable wicks. Unfortunately it can’t be found t any of the suppliers, however it did spark an interest in cable wicks and mesh. I am looking into the origin genesis however if any of you guys could recommend a good mtl atty I could use I am open to suggestion and would love the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VU Sponsors