Become a Patron!

Do flavour art tobaccos suck?

martybaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, I have bought fa burley, 7 leaves, cuban supreme, and black fire. Apart from black fire, they seem to have a floral note to them. The only other tobacco I have tried was tfa black honey which I tried with tfa french cream and liked.

Any info would be much appreciated thanks.

Hobart, Tasmania

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi, I have bought fa burley, 7 leaves, cuban supreme, and black fire. Apart from black fire, they seem to have a floral note to them. The only other tobacco I have tried was tfa black honey which I tried with tfa french cream and liked.

Any info would be much appreciated thanks.

Hobart, Tasmania

Yes, they do suck. Remember what I said a while back about Hangsen. I've tried every brand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do flavour art tobaccos suck? Yes! I tried them back in early 2011. Hangsen is good. Inawera has a few flavors that are TAs (tobacco absolutes. They are tasty as well. So far I tried one Flavorah tobacco and really like it. It is more of a natural tobacco taste.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have used the FA Cuban Supreme with some success .. any recommends re Hangsen or INW regarding that flavor? I wouldn't mind trying some of those considering the good reviews they get.

Do flavour art tobaccos suck? Yes! I tried them back in early 2011. Hangsen is good. Inawera has a few flavors that are TAs (tobacco absolutes. They are tasty as well. So far I tried one Flavorah tobacco and really like it. It is more of a natural tobacco taste.

Artemis, which Flavorah was that one, if you don't mind me asking?

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have used the FA Cuban Supreme with some success .. any recommends re Hangsen or INW regarding that flavor? I wouldn't mind trying some of those considering the good reviews they get.

Artemis, which Flavorah was that one, if you don't mind me asking?
Flavorah cured tobacco. I mix at 2.5% 50/50 blend. I had this flavoring waiting for me to mix it for a long time. I have read that people prefer it freshly mixed and the flavor fades after a few weeks. IDK I'll probably use the 30mL I made in a week.

My personal taste is for a more natural but stronger tobacco taste. Vaping since 2010 and love the tobacco flavors/variants.

Inawera recommendations: http://www.bullcityflavors.com/tobacco-absolute-cuban-cigar-wg-inw/ I mix between 1-2% and sometimes adjunct with a hangsen tobacco flavor. Bull city has 3 more absolute flavors. I tried the Garuda but my love is the cuban cigar.

Hangsen: I like...
Black label (Dijarum) which is a nice clove pipish/cigarette like taste. I mix low @3% with this one.
http://www.bullcityflavors.com/co-tobacco-cohiba-hs/ is good. It does have a touch of sweetness but it could be my vg I'm using. (RTS)
http://www.bullcityflavors.com/cuba-hs/ another good cuban cigar flavor I mix around 5% with this one.
I also like this flavor...http://www.bullcityflavors.com/instrument-drum-hs/ I still think they use this flavor to make the RY6 but it could be my taste buds having fun with me.
I like the RYI and the Arabic flavor as well.

Bull city and RTS has the Hangsen.
Bull city flavors will have the Inawera absolutes.

On a different note: I'm really interested in trying a few more flavorah tobaccos since trying the cured tobacco.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have used the FA Cuban Supreme with some success .. any recommends re Hangsen or INW

I haven't tried all the tobacco flavors, but I have never encountered any that come close to the green leaf tobacco notes that are predominant for me in the FA.

Ron
---
"The proper method for inquiring after the properties of things is to deduce them from experiments."- Isaac Newton

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried the Garuda but my love is the cuban cigar.

Same here. The Garadu is good, but I find it more of a cig. flavor. Along with my homemade cigar net in the mix, the INW TA Cuban Cigar has been my favorite base to work with. I use it at around 4%.

Ron
---
"Times have changed. It's not like the old days when we could do anything we want."-Don Barzini (Godfather I)

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Finally! Some feedback on that Cured Tobacco :)

martybaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, they do suck. Remember what I said a while back about Hangsen. I've tried every brand.

Thanks, I'm ordering soon. I just ordered way too much flavour art concentrates and was hoping to come up with something vapable.

Hobart, Tasmania

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't care for them overall, no. I get a floral or chemical/heavily artificial flavor from them as well but I guess they have a couple people like. I know one person who likes Shade quite a bit. I like Royal (doesn't taste like tobacco though). So far Glory is ok but nothing spectacular. FA is definitely not my go to for tobacco. Their fruits are pretty solid though and they have nice florals. (Rose, lavendar, etc)

martybaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I'm buying some hangsen tomorrow. Can you reccomend any creams to mix with them or any other additives?

Hobart, Tasmania

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FlavorArt tobaccos do not suck. Most of them you have to work with though and it's not easy for beginners or people without much patience. Another thing about them is they are all very unique. If you judge them all by only trying a few your doing yourself a disservice.

If your the type that wants easy single flavor juice I would stay away from most of their line. If your the mixoloigst type that wants to mix multiple flavors for something unique then FlavorArt is for you.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm buying some hangsen tomorrow. Can you reccomend any creams to mix with them or any other additives? Hobart, Tasmania
Their Fresh cream and Marshmallow are both good. Vienna cream and Catalan cream are also good depending on the cream effect you want.

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
FlavorArt tobaccos do not suck. Most of them you have to work with though and it's not easy for beginners or people without much patience. Another thing about them is they are all very unique. If you judge them all by only trying a few your doing yourself a disservice.

If your the type that wants easy single flavor juice I would stay away from most of their line. If your the mixoloigst type that wants to mix multiple flavors for something unique then FlavorArt is for you.

In fairness, I think that is my issue with them. When I want tobacco, that's all I want, a single tobacco flavor. But everything I've tried from FA was too floral so I've stuck with Hangsen.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There's a few FA tobaccos I like, desert ship as a stand alone works for my tastes. Keep in mind they do need to steep a week or two at the very least.

-Kingboomer

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use FA Shade with a touch of Vape Wizard. Have been using it exclusively for 3 years. I let mine steep for at least 8 weeks. Excellent!!!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No tobacco flavor I've tried comes close to NET juices....but due to the feedback I see here I will try Hangsen...

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I haven't tried all the tobacco flavors, but I have never encountered any that come close to the green leaf tobacco notes that are predominant for me in the FA.

Ron
---
"The proper method for inquiring after the properties of things is to deduce them from experiments."- Isaac Newton
I have to agree, I mixed up a recipe from here for my wife and she couldn't vape it because it had a harsh "green leaf" taste to it that didn't improve even after steeping several weeks.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The only FA tobacco I've tried was Virginia, back when I thought my vape should taste like my cigarettes, and yeah, it sucked rocks -- tasted a lot like the way that celery smells when you leave it in the crisper for so long it liquefies and molds. BLECHHHH! Some Virginia flavors do taste like that, like rotten celery. But Tobacco Express (Flavor Express' line of tobacco flavors) has a great Virginia flavor. Their Golden Virginia has a bit of that rotted celery taste though -- the plain Virginia is the good one.

Andria

VU Sponsors