Become a Patron!

Do entire tanks need to be replaced?

Hey there everyone, I'm new to this forum but have been vaping a little under a year. Back in December I bought my first real set up, an XCUBE Ultra mod with a TFV8 tank. Everything has been great with it, but all of a sudden it has just stopped working. Everything turns on, and my mod reads that there is a tank and coil attached, but when I try to fire the seconds go up but there is no heat/smoke being created. I've tried turning it on and off, changing batteries, thoroughly cleaning the connection points, and replacing coils but nothing has seemed to work. Is it probably my TFV8 has gone bad and I need to buy a new one (cheap option) or has my mod gone bad and I will probably need to find a replacement? Any ideas, tips, or tricks are appreciated and thanks beforehand!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey there everyone, I'm new to this forum but have been vaping a little under a year. Back in December I bought my first real set up, an XCUBE Ultra mod with a TFV8 tank. Everything has been great with it, but all of a sudden it has just stopped working. Everything turns on, and my mod reads that there is a tank and coil attached, but when I try to fire the seconds go up but there is no heat/smoke being created. I've tried turning it on and off, changing batteries, thoroughly cleaning the connection points, and replacing coils but nothing has seemed to work. Is it probably my TFV8 has gone bad and I need to buy a new one (cheap option) or has my mod gone bad and I will probably need to find a replacement? Any ideas, tips, or tricks are appreciated and thanks beforehand!

Have you tried using a different tank and see if it fires? (what Inspects said...)

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your mod is reading the coil, but not firing, make sure it's unlocked, and in power mode. Recently a fellow vaper in my town had the same complaint... turned out he had accidentally switched the device to Ni TC and 32 watts. Once I switched it back to power, he was fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
As a new vaper I've been getting a lot of advice. One piece of that was to buy numerous mods. Several reasons: First, you have something when the battery dies. Second, you have something when one of them breaks. These mods are inexpensive for the most part and can break down easier. The more you have, the more you will switch between them, the more they will last. Plus, being inexpensive it can be more cost effective to replace them than repair them. Third, multiple mods makes it easier to switch up flavors, if that's your thing.

The reason I mention the second thing is that if you're using one mod since December it could be at end of life.

VU Sponsors