Become a Patron!

DNA30 KILLER - The 50w Box Mod

Izzy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What ever happened to the blue and gold box mod? From elev8 i Ordered it on 7/8/14 then the next it was crossed out ?

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What ever happened to the blue and gold box mod? From elev8 i Ordered it on 7/8/14 then the next it was crossed out ?
I ordered blue. I'm hoping the crossed out means folks like you and me got lucky and ordered just in time
images

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
I ordered blue. I'm hoping the crossed out means folks like you and me got lucky and ordered just in time
I got mine from him yesterday. I actually made the trek from NJ to Brooklyn to get it. I also ordered the blue, but he said that there was a delay in the blue and gold so he let me snag a black one. If you don't want to wait, ask him for a swap. The black is really more like a charcoal grey.

My review is actually processing as we speak, so you will be able to get a nice view of it up close.

Izzy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did they say how long the delay was ? Don't want to wait a month like I did with the green Cana mod.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Did they say how long the delay was ? Don't want to wait a month like I did with the green Cana mod.
I don't want to speak for him, but it seemed like it would be a bit of time. He kind of eluded that he was going to be sending out a email to those that ordered blue and gold for an option to switch to black or silver to avoid prolonged wait.

Izzy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welll guess gonna have to go with the Black going on vacation wanna have a new toy, thanks

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Welll guess gonna have to go with the Black going on vacation wanna have a new toy, thanks
I was bummed until I got over it really quickly using the device.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
So far mine is awesome! :) I only had 2 choices, gray or black.
Black is more like a dark gray and gray is like a dull silver.
I went with black too.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
If you guys are interested, here is my review of the device. If for anything you ordered a blue and gold, it will give you a better idea for the actual "black" color which as @5150sick said is more grey.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I REALLY liked the 4 extra screws! Those things are TINY!!! :)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
@Dhim I figured this out earlier:
To turn off the touch sensor:
press the Fire and - button at the same time.

press the Fire and + button turns it back on

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
@Dhim I figured this out earlier:
To turn off the touch sensor:
press the Fire and - button at the same time.

press the Fire and + button turns it back on
That is awesome! I can't believe I overlooked that somehow. Time to annotate the video!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I kept it on off as soon as I figured it out.
I dislike the touch sensor fire button and hit it accidentally a few times and I think you are 100% correct about it being a gimmick.
They don't really need a gimmick because for this price and preformance they should be able to sell one (maybe more?) to every vaper in the community!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They should've made this SINGLE 26650...I WILL PASS.. and plus no magnets?? My CANA is nice but when its time to charge or change the Batt its PIA
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

emsmom

Member For 4 Years
Got my 35watt IPV and loving it! None of the quirks that the Hana clone has. Really nice solid device so far! Only issue I had is my unit did not like the Sony VTC5 battery! Wattage automatically went up to the max and wouldn't turn down. + button was totally stuck. Thought I got a dud. As soon as I put in a eFest battery, no more issues and working just great. Maybe the Sony battery was a bit wide and with the case screwed on tight it was hitting something it shouldn't? Be aware, screws are super tiny. Nice that they sent some extras. So far, very impressed with this mod.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Be aware, screws are super tiny. Nice that they sent some extras. So far, very impressed with this mod.
When you say the screws are tiny, do you mean they're the same size as the ones used in the Hana clone (M2 10 mm), or even smaller?

emsmom

Member For 4 Years
Sorry, don't know the exact size of the IPV screws, but they are much smaller than the Hana screws. Maybe 1/4 of the size in diameter. Very tiny! Be sure to use a screwdriver that fits well when removing these as they look like they would strip easily.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Got my 35watt IPV and loving it! None of the quirks that the Hana clone has. Really nice solid device so far! Only issue I had is my unit did not like the Sony VTC5 battery! Wattage automatically went up to the max and wouldn't turn down. + button was totally stuck. Thought I got a dud. As soon as I put in a eFest battery, no more issues and working just great. Maybe the Sony battery was a bit wide and with the case screwed on tight it was hitting something it shouldn't? Be aware, screws are super tiny. Nice that they sent some extras. So far, very impressed with this mod.
That's pretty odd. I have a VCT4 in the IPV2 with no issues. Maybe like you said the case could have maybe done something when it was screwed down. Did you ever try it without the cover on? It doesn't really matter now since you have an efest already installed.

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had the same problem with my cana

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you guys are interested, here is my review of the device. If for anything you ordered a blue and gold, it will give you a better idea for the actual "black" color which as @5150sick said is more grey.

Wow you can tell I just got up watching the review now :)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I REALLY liked the 4 extra screws! Those things are TINY!!! :)

+1 big time , that was very welcomed as i lost one the first time i took it out. I got the 35 watt . These look like they may fit my kayfun deck screws which is a plus since i can't find these anywhere including all local hardware stores.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Oh c, mon , i have two Sony VTC 5's coming in the mail , can anyone else confirm this issue with the 35 watt.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh c, mon , i have two Sony VTC 5's coming in the mail , can anyone else confirm this issue with the 35 watt.
I have the VTC4's the VTC5's and the LG 3500mah 35amp (Efest battery is relabeled LG FYI) as soon as mine comes in I will test them all and I do have a button top VTC4 you may get yours before me though I am high on the list :(

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The Sony VCT4 fits in my 50watt IPV2 and is what I am using right now.
I don't think there is a difference between the VCT4 & VCT5 on the terminals and dimensions.
I do not know if there is a difference between the 35watt IPV1 & 50watt IPV2 battery terminals though???

emsmom

Member For 4 Years
Could just be my specific unit. Not having the back on tight or having it removed, the + button was no longer sticking and the wattage wasn't flying up on its own, but every time I got the back on properly, it had the same problem. Just thought I should mention this in case someone else is having the same problem. I was ready to send mine back and decided to try another battery and that fixed the issue completely. My initial battery appears to be real, but with all the clones out there, never know and it could as simple as a slightly wider clone battery or slightly raised battery case. I believe the boxes are exactly the same between the 35 watt and 50 watt, but have no idea if the battery terminals are the same with both models. I could tell that the battery was hitting the back of the case when I tightened the screws down, which it is not doing with the eFest. I was also very pleasantly surprised to see that the mega aero fits very nicely on this mod! I thought it would be hanging off the edges and it hits right at the part that angles down, so it doesn't look bad at all. Have been very happy with this mod!

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I guess i will find out soon , the back plate that exposes the battery compartment has a groove giving a little more room but i'm sure they all have that .

I think your exactly right about the dimensions , they appear to be identical and the 35 watt has the same touch feature circle on top which is non functional while the 50's is functional if you want that feature.

Rumor has it that a future version will have four screws holding the back battery plate on instead of two which imo sucks , glad i got this one with two screws , i have no idea why P4U would add more , it doesn't need it.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
They need to scrap the screw idea and add 4 magnets like all the other nice high wattage boxes :eek:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They need to scrap the screw idea and add 4 magnets like all the other nice high wattage boxes :eek:
That is the first thing I am going to do its silly to have those tiny screws I guess they expect that most people will throw the battery in there usb charger and never change it haha :)

emsmom

Member For 4 Years
I do have that groove on the back plate. I can't imagine having to deal with 4 screws if one wanted to change out batteries and not use the usb charging. Even with the 2 screws, can't imagine changing out the battery on a regular basis. Darn things are just too small. The more I use this mod, the more I like it. None of that double clicking to get out of sleep mode and to fire which is really great! Buttons are not as pointy as the Hana clone, so are easier on the finger too. Everything I have thrown at it has worked and been accurate. Shows the same ohms as my meter. So far, I am impressed. Not into super sub ohming, so haven't tried anything really low on it as of yet.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Not into super sub ohming, so haven't tried anything really low on it as of yet.
There is no point to super subohming on it really. I built a .2(something) coil because someone here was asking me about the performance on the device. Until about 40 watts or so, its stepping down the the lowest possible voltage of the device and at 50w it's only pushing about 3.6 volts to it.

If you really want to push this device, build around a 1.5ohm coil. This will allow you to step it down almost all the way and go up to the 8.4v the device can put out at the higher wattage.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do have that groove on the back plate. I can't imagine having to deal with 4 screws if one wanted to change out batteries and not use the usb charging. Even with the 2 screws, can't imagine changing out the battery on a regular basis. Darn things are just too small. The more I use this mod, the more I like it. None of that double clicking to get out of sleep mode and to fire which is really great! Buttons are not as pointy as the Hana clone, so are easier on the finger too. Everything I have thrown at it has worked and been accurate. Shows the same ohms as my meter. So far, I am impressed. Not into super sub ohming, so haven't tried anything really low on it as of yet.

Ditto on that , it does seem very accurate , i forgot that you need to click it five times to turn it on and off .

When i first got it i hit the on button and nada , man i was pissed , i was just mumbling profanities , most notably the G damn China pos mother F-er etc...

emsmom

Member For 4 Years
Had ordered a second Hana clone that finally arrived today and am kicking myself. Should have gotten another IPV. All of these have their quirks. Went to charge this new one and had it charging by usb for a good couple hours and nothing even though it had the red light. Battery was not filling up at all. Had a few choice words too! So took the battery out and charged it on a charger. Am just hoping this isn't a dud usb. This unit came with a 18650 installed, but not charged. If it is a defective usb, will be sending it back and will get another IPV instead. Am getting really spoiled not having to do that double click to come out of sleep mode and have it fire and there is no way I am going to deal with those screws every time the battery needs recharging. If I were to list the main pros of both, I would say the accuracy, ease of use, great warranty and fire button on the IPV would be the pros. For the Hana clone the pros for me are the slightly smaller size and very nice price point (around 20-50 less depending on model). Another little interesting note. I have a 3100 eFest in the Hana clone and a 2500 eFest in the IPV, both the purple batts. I am getting more run time from the IPV which is very weird. Will be interesting to see if this new hana clone has the same run time as the Cloupor model. Is this due to the different amp ratings of these batts? I am sure one of you battery gurus knows why this would be:) It is just nice to see so many great new devices coming out. Sure is a big step up from a 901 auto battery!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It could be possible that the IPV's Sx330 chip has a higher power efficiency than the chana dna30 board?
With car stereos you can have an amplifier that is rated at 500watts RMS drain way less power than another companies amp with the same specs.
That usually means one company is using better technology than the other in their boards.
Could something similar be going on with these YiHiecigar Sx3xx series chips?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Had ordered a second Hana clone that finally arrived today and am kicking myself. Should have gotten another IPV. All of these have their quirks. Went to charge this new one and had it charging by usb for a good couple hours and nothing even though it had the red light. Battery was not filling up at all. Had a few choice words too! So took the battery out and charged it on a charger. Am just hoping this isn't a dud usb. This unit came with a 18650 installed, but not charged. If it is a defective usb, will be sending it back and will get another IPV instead. Am getting really spoiled not having to do that double click to come out of sleep mode and have it fire and there is no way I am going to deal with those screws every time the battery needs recharging. If I were to list the main pros of both, I would say the accuracy, ease of use, great warranty and fire button on the IPV would be the pros. For the Hana clone the pros for me are the slightly smaller size and very nice price point (around 20-50 less depending on model). Another little interesting note. I have a 3100 eFest in the Hana clone and a 2500 eFest in the IPV, both the purple batts. I am getting more run time from the IPV which is very weird. Will be interesting to see if this new hana clone has the same run time as the Cloupor model. Is this due to the different amp ratings of these batts? I am sure one of you battery gurus knows why this would be:) It is just nice to see so many great new devices coming out. Sure is a big step up from a 901 auto battery!

If the Cloupor clone was a little bit thinner it would be ideal imo , it's just a little bit too bulky but i do love the heft and solid build quality of the box itself . I have questions about how tough these IPVs are , they seem a little more prone to damage if dropped to me .

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
By the way, does anyone know what the screw measurements in case they need to be replaced? For example: M2 10mm.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone know what I could replace the adjustable 510 contact screw with? I just received mine with no freaking screw.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know what I could replace the adjustable 510 contact screw with? I just received mine with no freaking screw.
madanada.jpg
7u5e8ypu.jpg

Hope that helps a little. I don't have a caliper to get exact measurements though.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hope that helps a little. I don't have a caliper to get exact measurements though.

Thank you sir. I'm going to try to contact fluidvapes and Asmodus, this is just my freaking luck, sigh. I was hoping that I would have something that would temporarily work.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Honestly you should be able to run to your local hardware store and pick up a replacement. You *might* get a tad bit of a voltage drop, but shouldn't make much difference. Long as it safely sits in there and isn't any wider than that copper plate at the base it should work.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I probably have something that'll work. I mean I've got tons of small screws from building computers over the years. I'm just pissed that it passed quality control like this lol. I mean it's kind of important. I'll look to see what I have, but somebody will hopefully be sending me a replacement screw.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Oh I hear ya man, I'd be aggravated too. I'm sure they will make it right.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PSA: The contact screws on some units are not screwed in prior to packaging. Do not unbox in unlit room. I found my screw, it was on the floor. Apparently others have had this issue as well. It was a bitter sweet "doh" moment.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, the VTC5's fit just fine , got two 2600 mAH .

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I bought my black (deep grey) iPV2 a week before the vendors got them (on 7/18). The vendor had it to me in 3 days! I was SO excited I sang the Happy song all day (embarrassed to admit it).
It is much smaller/compact than i ever anticipated and fits in my hand nicely. It is actually lighter than my Vamo v5!.
Production quality spot on. Attention to detail amazing. Aluminum box has a nice powder coating (no flaws, scratches, blemish). Back plate fits nicely. BE CAREFUL with those tiny screws though. Ugh. (I recommended to Denny at Greenleaf to consider a magnetic back for IPV3.)
The inside is clean as a whistle. No solder and ugly wires. The guts are covered nicely too.
Three side buttons are small, clicky, precise. They look like flat BB's.. The touch fire button is a nice OPTION to use (and it can be disabled to avoid misfire).
The screen is small but enough to clearly show W, V, ohms, & battery "bar" (no % or # shown though). The unit locks easily and quick and it powers up super fast. It fires HOT quickly.
I have tried my Kanger aero (1.5 dual), a Kanger mega (1.5 dual), the Yiloong Kaiser (1.6 single), a Fogger 4.4 (1.6 ohm dual) and a Patriot dripper (single & double coils including sub ohm at .4 @ 50 watts!). In each and every case the results were wonderful! More cloud & stronger flavor. Be careful... easy to over shoot the firing "sweet spot" and get your juice too hot.
I have to say, this unit was all that I hoped it would be. For $100.00... are you kidding me?! WOW.

SIDE NOTE... not a surprise to most here but there is a 100 watt version coming out in a few weeks. It uses the sx330 version 3 chip. Specs are on YiHI's site. No preorder yet or price but i am sure it will be a winner (and likely overshadow the segelei 100 watt box coming out around the same time).

ALSO... if you got an IPV2 and want to keep it scratch free my friends over at VaporSkinz are releasing this week a skin for this unit. It has separate front and back pieces. holes for buttons, scree, touch fire, screws and air vent. It will look much like their Variant skin. I am getting the Black Carbon (but the ebony wood and black mamba look hot too).

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Be aware of ur surrounding's, this box will be the killer box of all box mods...
100 watts..
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1__94699_1406896334_220_220.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1__94699_1406896334_220_220.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 19

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
the grand $300 (!) box? I thought that project was dead in the water.

emsmom

Member For 4 Years
Not sure your average vaper needs that kind of power? I know I would never dream of going that high! Even a 20 watt mod should really be enough for most. Maybe I am missing something here? I have done sub ohm builds and used higher wattage, but that was more for experimenting. I like my vape strong, but unless you are into extreme sub ohm, just don't see the point. Maybe it is just me. Blowing clouds is fun, but I wouldn't want to do that much all the time. I already put out at least 3x more vapor than I ever did smoking and that is more than enough for me. I also don't want a device that is huge. Not sure how big this new one is, but size is a serious consideration for me. Would rather see them working on a new atty design than pushing the power so much or getting the darn sizes smaller.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors