Become a Patron!

DNA200 device lost temp control after coil change

RCressler

Member For 4 Years
Ok, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not anywhere close to being able to understand the evolv chip or software, but I ran into issues today.

I have a Lost Vape Halcyon DNA device. Had .34 ohm resistance coils, ss316L Clapton wire coils. 34mm I'd. I think they were 5 wraps, maybe 6. Been in there about three months, and the one had a hot spot that I couldn't get rid of, so I changed them out.

Same spool of pre made wire, 7 wraps on 3mm I'd. Originally read .27 ohms (?), and now the resistance doesn't stay locked, and temp control from room temperature goes immediately into temp protection.

On wattage (95w.), they throw clouds like a BEAST! Nothing at all on temp control. Double checked my material settings Abd is set for ss316.

Slipped the art of Abd onto my Panzer add it works fine on temp control.

Is something out of whack with the Halcyon? If so... Where do i start to get it back?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It should have asked if you changed atomizers....Take the atty off and fire the mod one time..it should say check atomizer...Now install an atty and fire it once more...it should ask if you changed atomizer..Answer YES to the question and it should resume to proper operation

RCressler

Member For 4 Years
I did that one I screwed it back, and it never asked that. Did it a couple tines, ave just now again to see if out changed it's mind. Still nothing.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well im not really sure then whats going on with it...There are more here that have used DNA devices much longer than me and might can help..Im sure someone else will chime in to see if they can help

RCressler

Member For 4 Years
Thanks. Yeah. It does the "check atomizer", but never asks if is a new coil

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Maybe take the batteries out and re install them and try again.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@RCressler --- Have you been able to resolve this issue yet? tag me or respond to this thread and I can also help troubleshoot this for you.
I have the same MOD and can assist.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
something to remember with TC one at best the atty and coil need sometime to come to room temp... second with evolve chips you can possibly set or override the resistance with a pc and escribe. but i will leave it to phantomop to assist should you still need it

RCressler

Member For 4 Years
@PhantomOp No. Still not fixed. I've just set the ramp up wattage to 95, and turned the tc to "off". I drive truck and don't have access to pc at the moment.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@PhantomOp No. Still not fixed. I've just set the ramp up wattage to 95, and turned the tc to "off". I drive truck and don't have access to pc at the moment.

Understand --- If your "basically" working for now then good. Hit me up when you have a PC available to you and we can dig into this thing for ya and get you all setup.

RCressler

Member For 4 Years
Thanks! Won't be home until the weekend. I'll get in touch with you. Thanks again

RCressler

Member For 4 Years
Just saw that the ohms were unlocked add it works in tc mode again now. Locked the ohms, as it's still working. But the coils are reading .33 now. Before, they were all over the place from .27 to.40.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The DNA boards will re-read the Ω settings every 20-30 minutes as a verification process. I have seen where they do not initially read the coils Ω correctly the first time, if you just leave them for that time period they will re-read the coil and TC will begin working again.

The other methods I have done to force them to change / update (same as Mike mentioned) ...
1) Unscrew the troubling atty and press the fire button a few times. Put the troubling atty back on the MOD, while in a TC profile (not in a power/wattage profile) and press the fire button. This "should" then ask you to confirm the Ω reading of the coil .. < NEW > < OLD > ... always press NEW if the coil is room temperature. I have seen where this will not work if the Ω reading is to close to the original reading. It just ignores that you attempted to re-read the coil.
2) Put a different atty on the MOD with a whole different coil and Ω reading, then do step one again.
3) Pull the batteries out and press the fire button a few times (or leave out for about 15 min). Start again.
--- Why you ask? The logic board has a capacitor on it that will retain some energy. Pressing the fire button "should" drain this residual energy. Leaving the battery out for a time period will also deplete this energy build up.

Also --- It is not recommended to lock the Ω settings on the DNA mod. The DNA mod is designed to adjust automatically based on the coil installed. It understand there is fluctuations in wire resistance and adjusts for this automatically, while still always retaining the original Ω reading of the cold coil.

VU Sponsors