Become a Patron!

DNA 40 Battery Life Is Incredible!

Lipford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys, I've been having some amazing battery life with my dna 40 devices, and I just wanted to share with you this video I made explaining why that might be!

You do understand that the ".15 ohm build !!" is the *cold* resistance, right?
The whole principle of ni200 is that the resistance changes rapidly and linearly
as it heats up, that linearity of increasing resistance is what the temperature
control feature of the DNA 40 is based on.
The SteamEngine tables don't apply as soon as you hit the fire button.
So no, your build is not staying at .15 ohm for the duration of your vape.
And don't gauge your battery life by the crazy algorithm used on the battery display.
It will read higher and higher and then blammo report a dead battery.

Lipford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You do understand that the ".15 ohm build !!" is the *cold* resistance, right?
The whole principle of ni200 is that the resistance changes rapidly and linearly
as it heats up, that linearity of increasing resistance is what the temperature
control feature of the DNA 40 is based on.
The SteamEngine tables don't apply as soon as you hit the fire button.
So no, your build is not staying at .15 ohm for the duration of your vape.
And don't gauge your battery life by the crazy algorithm used on the battery display.
It will read higher and higher and then blammo report a dead battery.
I'm not sure why when you write stuff online, people automatically assume you're just an idiot. Of course I understand all of that, if you watched the entire video, you see that I speak directly to those facts that you mentioned. I'll put it easier for everyone to understand. With a DNA30, using a Samsung 25R I would get about 6 hours of vape time or so. With my DNA40 I'll get about 18 hours of vape time. It has nothing to do with what the battery bar says on the screen, that doesn't matter to me. It has to do with how many hours/days I can vape on one battery.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just because someone tried to ensure you understood something... doesn't mean they think you were an idiot... they were trying to be helpful and that is all...

It's your response, about you assuming they thought you an idiot.... is what makes others actually think that may be true after all.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Gonna leave the assumptions out and just say, I'm loving getting an entire day out of 1 battery!

Lipford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just because someone tried to ensure you understood something... doesn't mean they think you were an idiot... they were trying to be helpful and that is all...

It's your response, about you assuming they thought you an idiot.... is what makes others actually think that may be true after all.
Ok, maybe I interpreted that the wrong way. Appreciate the response.

VU Sponsors