Become a Patron!

DIY Egrip RBA Base 510 adapter

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As you know, the Joyetech Egrip really shines with the RBA Base accessory. Unfortunately, if you ever intend to check the resistance of your coil, or dry-burn it, you're SOL without the RBA Base 510 adapter. Why the RBA base and the 510 adapter are sold separately, I'll never know...

Anyhow, I have the RBA Base, but I don't have the 510 adapter. But I'm not about to waste good money on something I can make myself! So I took a couple of hours this afternoon and made me one, out of bits and pieces I had lying around in my workshop.

Check it out:

If you want to make one for yourself, I documented the process as I was building it. You can find a set of reasonably self-explanatory photos here:

http://s945.photobucket.com/user/Giraut/slideshow/APV/DIY Egrip RBA Base 510 adapter

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's nice but seems an awful lot of work to save $4.49. Just sayin'.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With shipping, it's a little more than that :) Also, 2 hours of relaxing time in the workshop and I have what I need, vs ordering on the net and waiting for 3 days.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
True. That's why I tossed in the silicone skin and the leather Istick cover and lanyard to kind of spread it out.:) I've cobbled many a thing or turned them to uses for which they were never intended (Looked obvious to me). Seems the older I got the older it got. Dug out my multimeter and dusted off my pin torch in the interim.

VU Sponsors