Become a Patron!

DIY bull shoot thread.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Depending on how you vape, you can mix about 30 mils of finished product to test. Likely, no matter what, it will be vapeable. I drip in an RDA, so for me 30 mils is a days consumption of juice. if you only use a mil or two a day, then maybe 5 mils is plenty.

Just make sure your test batch is big enough you can vape some today, and you can come back to it later if you need to let it sit on the shelf for a while.

Creams tend to need a little aging time, to be prime. The general rule of thumb is creams and tobaccos need aging time. so keep that in mind when you mix.

Ah ok, 30 mls would be good because I go through about 10 or 15 mls/ day. I use an Ijust 2 and a subox mini setup that sucks my juice like crazy lol. I'm a chain vaper actually.

Will be using creams alot because I love them as advs, so I'll make enough to allow for steepage.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Keep in mind the difference in taste between v1 & v2 my be quite drastic.
I prefer CAP VC v1 & CAP Sugar Cookie v1 for taste, as an example.

Absolutely this. CAP's vanilla custard v2 is HORRIBLE, it just SHRIEKS "artificial flavor!" in large purple neon! For diketone-free custard, TFA's Vanilla Swirl is the best; if it's not "custardy" enough for you, add a smidge of TFA's DX Bavarian Cream.

Andria

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ah ok, 30 mls would be good because I go through about 10 or 15 mls/ day. I use an Ijust 2 and a subox mini setup that sucks my juice like crazy lol. I'm a chain vaper actually.

Will be using creams alot because I love them as advs, so I'll make enough to allow for steepage.
Not a huge cream fan myself. I am more tobacco, cereal, and bakery. I also have to switch every other day, or I can't taste the juice. I too, am a chain vaper. I was a chain smoker, so it makes sense.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I always mix 5ml of any new recipe.... I've had so many absolute failures, and got really tired of pouring so much down the drain!

Andria
See I was thinking that. Like if I make say 2 seperate 5 ml bottles I could shake and vape one and then leave the other one to rest overnight and try it in the morning.

I've got like 248 mls of stink juice right now that is just frackin weird. It tastes like a grape swisher sweet that rolled itself in a mentholated asshat...and then died in it. What fumes it emits doesn't taste any better.

Lmao... Got them on sale and threw them all together. :facepalm: They're premade and like 5 or 6 different flavors.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vanilla Swirl is the best; if it's not "custardy" enough for you, add a smidge of TFA's DX Bavarian Cream.

Yes, this will work too, or using Vanilla Swirl with TFA DX Sweet Cream is another good combo;).

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, this will work too, or using Vanilla Swirl with TFA DX Sweet Cream is another good combo;).

Or CAP's Sweet Cream -- which is, strangely enough, diketone-free and also VERY authentic tasting. Weird how they hit that one just right without diketones, yet their VC v2 is so awful. Their Sweet Cream is so perfect, I add a few drops to mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, gravy, coffee, and anything else that benefits from a cream flavor -- really a godsend for those on very-low-fat diets!

Andria

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECX (http://www.ecigexpress.com/) has free shipping on orders over $50 and BCF (http://www.bullcityvapor.com/) has free shipping on orders over $75. Something to keep in mind. Just make up a shopping list however you want to do it and make a big order to save on the shipping.

Awesome, one stop shops for my diy supplies. Thanks. ;)

Not a huge cream fan myself. I am more tobacco, cereal, and bakery. I also have to switch every other day, or I can't taste the juice. I too, am a chain vaper. I was a chain smoker, so it makes sense.

Same here, not even gonna admit how many packs of smokes I went through in a day. Now I'm constantly vaping.

Can definitely relate with you on the bakery flavors. I'm eclectic and eccentric tho too so I like lots of variety.

What's your pref on nic strength? I dig 3mg usually. Sometimes 6 if I've had a stressful day.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll admit I was a 3 pack a day smoker. But I rolled my own. I'd burn up a manual roller, once a year.

I use 3 MG to drip. On a really bad day I may drip 6 MG.

Personally, I am hooked on my DIY Blueberry doughnut. If you want the recipe, I'll give it to you.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am a weird 1 I can and have used ready made eliquids at 5% as a flavoring in my DIYed eliquids lol no wonder I hated "GAG" ready made eliquids lol.:confused: I have tried over 140 flavorings and am using 3 lol. Silly me I thought I might like stuff other than a mild baccy.:facepalm: Oh I use 10mg nic 70%PG/30%VG and do maybe 2-3ml a day and run 3 all day vapes.:sadpanda:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am a weird 1 I can and have used ready made eliquids at 5% as a flavoring in my DIYed eliquids lol no wonder I hated "GAG" ready made eliquids lol.:confused: I have tried over 140 flavorings and am using 3 lol. Silly me I thought I might like stuff other than a mild baccy.:facepalm:
If you like tobacco flavors, try NETs. They are my absolute FAVORITE tobacco flavors.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Or CAP's Sweet Cream

I actually prefer this one over the regular TFA Sweet Cream.
And prefer the CAP Bavarian over the TFA Bavarian, although the DX version much better.
Funny as I like the TFA DX French Vanilla version better than the regular one.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That is 1 of my ADVs the Minister from N.E.T. I use the extract at 1.5% LOL they use 25% in their ready made which I tried in a 100%PG non nic at 5% as a flavoring. :inlove: Another is just VT TH nic unflavored, the 3rd is NN's Honey Tobacco at 0.35% with about 0.9% of FA's Cuban Supreme.:teehee:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am a weird 1 I can and have used ready made eliquids at 5% as a flavoring in my DIYed eliquids lol no wonder I hated "GAG" ready made eliquids lol.:confused: I have tried over 140 flavorings and am using 3 lol. Silly me I thought I might like stuff other than a mild baccy.:facepalm: Oh I use 10mg nic 70%PG/30%VG and do maybe 2-3ml a day and run 3 all day vapes.:sadpanda:

Funny I started with sweet stuff like Cinnamon Roll & Caramel Candy and later switched over to tobaccos for a long time.
Now I'm back to fruits, bakeries, & Ice Creams and hardly touch the tobaccos anymore.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll admit I was a 3 pack a day smoker. But I rolled my own. I'd burn up a manual roller, once a year.

I use 3 MG to drip. On a really bad day I may drip 6 MG.

Personally, I am hooked on my DIY Blueberry doughnut. If you want the recipe, I'll give it to you.

I did the same, and usually smoked 2 packs a day. I rolled when I couldn't afford commercial cigs, so can definitely relate.

And yes please, I love blueberry flavors. That sounds amazing.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
8% TFA glazed doughnut
5% TFA Blueberry Extra
1% TFA Acai

Thank you for the recipe, I'll definitelt try it. Does this need a drop or two of sweetener?

Ps. This will be my first diy project. :) I've been checking out that glazed doughnut lol.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you for the recipe, I'll definitelt try it. Does this need a drop or two of sweetener?

Ps. This will be my first diy project. :) I've been checking out that glazed doughnut lol.

I don't add any, but you can if you like super sweet juice. The doughnut already has a bit of sweetener in it.

The doughnut itself is ok on it's own. reminds me of a fried cake doughnut with sweetener. I can taste notes of nutmeg/cinnamon.

Make SURE you get TFA though, as CAP doughnut is actually a cake batter flavoring, and not a doughnut.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Perfect! I can bundle all of the flavors in my diy order. All TFA too, I got a feeling it's gonna be awesome.

I'll try it as is before attempting to sweeten it. :) I bet the acai adds to it and the cinnamon? Yum!

Again, thanks so much for sharing.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Perfect! I can bundle all of the flavors in my diy order. All TFA too, I got a feeling it's gonna be awesome.

I'll try it as is before attempting to sweeten it. :) I bet the acai adds to it and the cinnamon? Yum!

Again, thanks so much for sharing.
Recently added the Acai. The blueberry was not prominent enough for me, so I boosted with Acai and it is better for me. You can do with or without.

The cinnamon is a very light note on exhale. It is far from prominent. If you are going to want this note more noticeable, you may want to consider a bakers cinnamon flavoring to boost your mix.

Some mixers are not fans of TFA, but for myself, I think most of their flavors are pretty good. CAP and INW are my personal least liked flavorings.

If you want a good bakery with cinnamon, you may also want to try some of TFA's Cinnamon Danish. I like it with a little sweetener.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Recently added the Acai. The blueberry was not prominent enough for me, so I boosted with Acai and it is better for me. You can do with or without.

The cinnamon is a very light note on exhale. It is far from prominent. If you are going to want this note more noticeable, you may want to consider a bakers cinnamon flavoring to boost your mix.

Some mixers are not fans of TFA, but for myself, I think most of their flavors are pretty good. CAP and INW are my personal least liked flavorings.

If you want a good bakery with cinnamon, you may also want to try some of TFA's Cinnamon Danish. I like it with a little sweetener.
Sounds like a good palce forme to start. I've been wanting to try the tfa flavors and maybe a few fa and la. If I go with tfa I'm gonna want to work with those together until I find my sweet spot. Instead of having an overload of different brands to start.

Premade vendor liquids in fruit, bakery, and cream tfa have all been really good imo.

I've noted cinn danish as well because I may want to add bav cream to it for sweetness and creaminess.

I've heard good reviews of la and fa too. Cake batter...omg I'm keeping my eyes open for a good base flavor.

Do you enjoy custards?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sounds like a good palce forme to start. I've been wanting to try the tfa flavors and maybe a few fa and la. If I go with tfa I'm gonna want to work with those together until I find my sweet spot. Instead of having an overload of different brands to start.

Premade vendor liquids in fruit, bakery, and cream tfa have all been really good imo.

I've noted cinn danish as well because I may want to add bav cream to it for sweetness and creaminess.

I've heard good reviews of la and fa too. Cake batter...omg I'm keeping my eyes open for a good base flavor.

Do you enjoy custards?
Fruits, FA has the whole game on. TFA is ok, but FA kicks ass in this area.
The best cake batter I have heard of, comes from FW. I have some, have yet to work with it.

Custards/creams are ok. I can vape it some, but it is nothing I can vape all day. I don't like sticky sweet vapes.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll have to take a note of that, and also add some fw cake batter to my list. There's a yellow cake on there too that might be good with some berry.

If it's too sweet I can't handle it either lol but I do enjoy some sweet factor. Fa has a cherry that I may experiment lightly with.

Is that blueberry dnut a shake and vape or should I let it rest overnight?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll have to take a note of that, and also add some fw cake batter to my list. There's a yellow cake on there too that might be good with some berry.

If it's too sweet I can't handle it either lol but I do enjoy some sweet factor. Fa has a cherry that I may experiment lightly with.

Is that blueberry dnut a shake and vape or should I let it rest overnight?

All of them benefit from resting after mixing, but you can vape it right away. The "wavy lines" in fresh mixed juice go away over night. Unless it's banana cream pie. That shit looks wavy even after a month, LOL.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All of them benefit from resting after mixing, but you can vape it right away. The "wavy lines" in fresh mixed juice go away over night. Unless it's banana cream pie. That shit looks wavy even after a month, LOL.

I know right? Lmao, had the same problem with a pink lemonade, couldn't even vape it bc of horrible seperation. Even after a month.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh ok, well on heartland vapes they have fa cherry or tfa black cherry. Which would you pick? :)

I like TFA cherry extract -- not too sweet, not too tart, not medicinal nor maraschino -- the Goldilocks of cherry flavors: JUST RIGHT! :D

Andria

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Saw this on my feed thought I would stop in and say hey....so HEY!

Sent from a pay phone

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry for the delay, looks like you have an answer, though. I've not had the TFA black cherry. FA Cherry isn't my first pick for sure, though.

That's ok. :) I found an fa black cherry on bcv but I've got a ton of flavors in my cart. I'm thinking about just getting enough for two or 3 recipes to start, basic recipes that use the same ingredients.

HICS silky vanilla mint
Freeminds blueberry doughnut
Wllmcs lemon lime creamy

Lol don't want to order 50 flavors and watch them rot before I can use them. So I'm gonna try the recipes above (and not go bankrupt) lol. I'm gonna get my flavors, vg, and pg from bcv. :D

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's ok. :) I found an fa black cherry on bcv but I've got a ton of flavors in my cart. I'm thinking about just getting enough for two or 3 recipes to start, basic recipes that use the same ingredients.

HICS silky vanilla mint
Freeminds blueberry doughnut
Wllmcs lemon lime creamy

Lol don't want to order 50 flavors and watch them rot before I can use them. So I'm gonna try the recipes above (and not go bankrupt) lol. I'm gonna get my flavors, vg, and pg from bcv. :D
You're going about this the right way! This will keep your costs down with a high chance of success. But, there's always a but, you'll end up with hundreds of flavors eventually as you see all these great recipes you just have to try. No regrets though, you'll be making great tasting juice for pennies on the dollar compared to vendor juice. My biggest problem is deciding what I want to make next...

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You're going about this the right way! This will keep your costs down with a high chance of success. But, there's always a but, you'll end up with hundreds of flavors eventually as you see all these great recipes you just have to try. No regrets though, you'll be making great tasting juice for pennies on the dollar compared to vendor juice. My biggest problem is deciding what I want to make next...

I can see that, plus the amount of flavors one would need to buy for just 3 recipes is like whoa lol.

Budgeting is a must and it seems a little difficult to find all the supplies in one place.

I decided on a small starter kit with 5 flavors. I'll add one more to it and just do 2 recipes.

This is what I decided on to begin with.http://wholesale.heartlandvapes.com/diy-kit.html

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
HICS silky vanilla mint - A good one!
Freeminds blueberry doughnut - not a doughnut fan, so cant speak for that one, but I like freemind! :D
Wllmcs lemon lime creamy YUM!!

I can see that, plus the amount of flavors one would need to buy for just 3 recipes is like whoa lol.
Those flavorings will last you quite a while, though :) Once you decide that you can do this, too, (at which time you will be saying, "Why didn't I do this sooner?) you can build your flavor stash up a little at a time. Sooner, or later, you find a recipe and say, "I have these."

Really, it's so much easier than our brains let us believe, at first.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those flavorings will last you quite a while, though :) Once you decide that you can do this, too, (at which time you will be saying, "Why didn't I do this sooner?) you can build your flavor stash up a little at a time. Sooner, or later, you find a recipe and say, "I have these."

Really, it's so much easier than our brains let us believe, at first.

I'm so excited!:D I'm trying out tfa flavors since they don't have fa in the diy pack. Later I can get more flavors and supplies from bcv, they've got lots.

Does the same apply to the flavorings? I can store them in a dark place in my closet right?

And thanks to everyone who has helped me take this step. ;)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's a reasonable kit, vg, pg, nic, bottles, syringes, and flavors. No extra bull stuff in there.

In the future consider budgeting in a scale. Mixing by weight is a whole lot easier than syringes. This thread will tell you everything you need to know: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/guide-to-mixing-by-weight.22891/

When you next need to order nicotine, consider 100 mg/ml. I know it sounds scary, but in the long run it is cheaper per ml of finished juice than 48. As long as you're careful mixing with it and keep it out of the reach of kids and critters it's not a problem. The only time I wear gloves is when I decant a liter into smaller bottles for storage and use.

When you get your stuff make sure you shake your nic and flavors before use. They tend to separate. Every time I pick up a bottle I shake it.

Above all enjoy your journey in DIY!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm so excited!:D I'm trying out tfa flavors since they don't have fa in the diy pack. Later I can get more flavors and supplies from bcv, they've got lots.

Does the same apply to the flavorings? I can store them in a dark place in my closet right?

And thanks to everyone who has helped me take this step. ;)
I store my flavors in my closet, no problem there. Once one of my adult kids finally move out and I get a vape room/man cave/home office I'll get one of those small fridges to keep my stuff in.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's a reasonable kit, vg, pg, nic, bottles, syringes, and flavors. No extra bull stuff in there.

In the future consider budgeting in a scale. Mixing by weight is a whole lot easier than syringes. This thread will tell you everything you need to know: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/guide-to-mixing-by-weight.22891/

When you next need to order nicotine, consider 100 mg/ml. I know it sounds scary, but in the long run it is cheaper per ml of finished juice than 48. As long as you're careful mixing with it and keep it out of the reach of kids and critters it's not a problem. The only time I wear gloves is when I decant a liter into smaller bottles for storage and use.

When you get your stuff make sure you shake your nic and flavors before use. They tend to separate. Every time I pick up a bottle I shake it.

Above all enjoy your journey in DIY!

Ok I'll check that out. I'm going to get a scale too, but for now I hope the drop and ml method will work lol. :D

I've got alot to learn so this will help with the basics. I have an eliquid calculator bookmarked too.

Oh I'm adding a 120 ml bottle of 100mg nic, and some pg vg to my cart too. ;)

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I store my flavors in my closet, no problem there. Once one of my adult kids finally move out and I get a vape room/man cave/home office I'll get one of those small fridges to keep my stuff in.

Lol my closet is my woman cave. Haha! It'll probably have to be a big room to hold all the flavors diying can accumulate. I can tell right now the flavors will have to be organized. :D

Man cave... Silly men, caves are for women too you know?

I even have a crocheted purse I stitched for my eliquids, just to tote them around in my purse. Lmao:giggle:

On second thought, you may need two or three man caves. :D

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use 3 - 20 - and 35 mil syringes with sharp tips. I'd use blunt tips, but local farm supply stores don't carry them.

Mixing by weight may be easier to some, but for myself, I don't mind doing it old school.

If you choose to keep using syringes, they can be had in local farm stores and online by the box with vet supply and amazon.

I also buy my PG/VG in gallon bulk. Glycubes from essentials depot are popular. Save a lot of money there, vs buying liters or small amounts.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lol my closet is my woman cave. Haha! It'll probably have to be a big room to hold all the flavors diying can accumulate. I can tell right now the flavors will have to be organized. :D

Man cave... Silly men, caves are for women too you know?

I even have a crocheted purse I stitched for my eliquids, just to tote them around in my purse. Lmao:giggle:

On second thought, you may need two or three man caves. :D
I had a man cave/office, but we converted it back to a bedroom to move my Dad in before he passed 5 years ago. My wife has since taken it over for her painting room/woman cave. Me, I'm stuck with a corner in our bedroom. As the saying goes though, happy wife=happy life.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I keep hearing this, but I just can't see it; it's so completely counterintuitive to measure liquids by weight -- I don't buy 10 lbs of milk, I buy a gallon. We don't put lbs of gas in our vehicle, we put gallons.

This -- that's the only time I might wear gloves too, just because sometimes there are drips, and it makes me feel more secure cleaning everything up, if I'm gloved. Also, 100mg nic is MUCH easier to store, saves lots of freezer space.

100mg nicotine is still only 10% nicotine; could be toxic if you drank it, or to pets/children, but otherwise, normal caution is fine for safe handling -- people handle stuff a LOT more toxic, for gardening/yardwork, simply by wearing gloves and exercising normal caution. Just make sure that your storage bottles are clearly labelled -- strength of nicotine, date, PG/VG ratio -- just so you know exactly what it is and when it was put there.

Andria

VU Sponsors