Become a Patron!

Diluting flavorah

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
Hi all, sorry if this is not the right place. So i just purchased flavorah and like to do some tasting but iread that it's a super concentrate. I'm planning to do small batch tasting (like 10-30ml batch) of single recipe just to familiarize the taste. Read something about diluting it to tone down, but how?

Thank you in advance

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I honestly wouldn't dilute it, just use low percents of it, like we all do. It goes a much longer way, but if you do insist on diluting it, mix in a bottle of PG, how much PG depends on how weak you want it, a 1:1 ratio should be fine. I honestly don't see the point in weakening a flavor, cause then that's even more of your stuff you have to use. FLV flavors tend to be ~1-2% normally. The less of one flavor you have to use the better, leaves room for more flavor without throwing your juice out of wack.

c flakes

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm no expert but I find that .25% works out really close to 1 drop in a 10ml tester. If you need less in a bottle up the size of the bottle.

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
I honestly wouldn't dilute it, just use low percents of it, like we all do. It goes a much longer way, but if you do insist on diluting it, mix in a bottle of PG, how much PG depends on how weak you want it, a 1:1 ratio should be fine. I honestly don't see the point in weakening a flavor, cause then that's even more of your stuff you have to use. FLV flavors tend to be ~1-2% normally. The less of one flavor you have to use the better, leaves room for more flavor without throwing your juice out of wack.
I'm no expert but I find that .25% works out really close to 1 drop in a 10ml tester. If you need less in a bottle up the size of the bottle.
Hi, thanks for the reply. Some flavorah are good at 1% and above but from what i've read, some can go as low as even 0.1% which is the main reason why im thinkin about the diluting matter

But then again i dont really understand what this diluting is all about (weakening flavor is indeed not the best term)

Buy say if i like to start on 0.1% in 10ml batch how should i do it? Like technically how should i mix it (put 10ml pg with 1ml flavor equal to concentrate of 0.1%?)

Still quite confused here

Thanks

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
Hi, thanks for the reply. Some flavorah are good at 1% and above but from what i've read, some can go as low as even 0.1% which is the main reason why im thinkin about the diluting matter

But then again i dont really understand what this diluting is all about (weakening flavor is indeed not the best term)

Buy say if i like to start on 0.1% in 10ml batch how should i do it? Like technically how should i mix it (put 10ml pg with 1ml flavor equal to concentrate of 0.1%?)

Thanks

And the reason for 10ml batch are :
1. If the flavour is not what i prefer yo have then i wouldn't mind to throw iy, since flv is rather pricey
2. I don't think i like to vape 100ml of single flavor of say, cookie dough...

Thanks

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For flavorings that are super strong like that, you can dip a toothpick in the flavor, then swirl it around in the mix. Sounds weird, I know, but for 5 or 10ml testers, it does work. I've done this with some FlavourArt flavors. Then, if you end up liking a mix, it's much easier to deal with when it comes to 30 or 60ml mixes.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Hi all, sorry if this is not the right place. So i just purchased flavorah and like to do some tasting but iread that it's a super concentrate. I'm planning to do small batch tasting (like 10-30ml batch) of single recipe just to familiarize the taste. Read something about diluting it to tone down, but how?

Thank you in advance

I mix in 10 and 30ml bottles. I mix by weight, and by drops.. FLV is an "ultra" concentrate company.. not a super.. there is a difference.

As far as dilutions, it isn't needed. Not really. You can if you feel it will help you, but you really need to be diluting by weight, and not %.

As far as testing, start with only one bottle drop in 10ml, add your base, shake well and if you have a dripper, you can try drops on your coil.. Tanks for testing, I wont recommend that.

Thanks

I have seen people use FLV as high as 13% and love the snuggles out of that amount.. I have seen 6%.. but.. if you check out my elr.. I rarely go over 1.5% in single flavors, and my flavor total amounts in juices run from .5% up to 4%.. it really does not take much, and if you can remember less is more, less is better, you will be fine. I do know if you mix FLV with any of the standards or supers, you will have to add more. the molecular structure does go wonky when adding to tfa/fa/lo/cap/fa and I have not used those companies in over 4 yrs now.. wow.. I can't believe it.. time does fly! :)

The few off the top of my head you're going to want to keep mega low is
Alpine Strawberry
Rich & red cinnamon
Smooth Vanilla
Vanilla Bean
Pucker ( and it is NOT a tobacco) :)

I recommend buying a scale.. the standard the community uses is the aws 501 scale. You can buy it on Amazon or Ebay for under 40.00

There are tips on my website, but I have been so busy in the last 3 months, I havent touched it.. I need to.. :)

my elr: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/?filter=28997

@Smoky Blue She is a expert with these flavors. You can find her on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/FLVFan/

lmao @Artemis :p thanks.. umm lol :p

holly smacks.. yeah I wish I had the free time to stick around.. but tag me if you guys need me.. :)
I don't mind..

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
The way I handle the few mega ultras is that I go larger..
Example: Alpine Strawberry.. I mix it in 30-120 and my max amount is 9 bottle tip drops in 120ml/4oz.. :)
the same applies for the rest of that short list...

I mix in 10 and 30ml bottles. I mix by weight, and by drops.. FLV is an "ultra" concentrate company.. not a super.. there is a difference.

The few off the top of my head you're going to want to keep mega low is
Alpine Strawberry
Rich & red cinnamon
Smooth Vanilla
Vanilla Bean
Pucker ( and it is NOT a tobacco) :)

I hope this helps!

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
For flavorings that are super strong like that, you can dip a toothpick in the flavor, then swirl it around in the mix. Sounds weird, I know, but for 5 or 10ml testers, it does work. I've done this with some FlavourArt flavors. Then, if you end up liking a mix, it's much easier to deal with when it comes to 30 or 60ml mixes.
Interesting idea, will give it a try, thanks!

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
Example: Alpine Strawberry.. I mix it in 30-120 and my max amount is 9 bottle tip drops in 120ml/4oz.. :)

I hope this helps!
Ultra/mega! Interesting hahaha
Will try your suggestions

And thanks a lot for all the highlights, super new on flavorah

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've found their Marshmallow extremely potent as well. Not unpleasant at all, it's accurate and good, just strong as heck.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
so is flavorah more potent/concentrated the FA?
I havent tried any flavorah yet but am always curious

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMHO: Some are. I've got plenty that are 3-4% flavors - a lot of their tobaccos are best right around there. But ones like Vanilla Pudding, Crunch Cereal, Wild Melon I enjoy around 2-3%.

...actually, as I go down my list of flavors from them, a lot are really strong. More than not. Brie Cheese is a one-drop-per, Wood Spice is potent, Smooth Vanilla, Boysenberry, Marshmallow, Peanut Butter - all "low percentage" strong.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well the flavors i use are all 3-4% on FA so they sound about the same. there are many FA that are 1% or less as well

one of these days Ill try them all

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
IMHO: Some are. I've got plenty that are 3-4% flavors - a lot of their tobaccos are best right around there. But ones like Vanilla Pudding, Crunch Cereal, Wild Melon I enjoy around 2-3%.

...actually, as I go down my list of flavors from them, a lot are really strong. More than not. Brie Cheese is a one-drop-per, Wood Spice is potent, Smooth Vanilla, Boysenberry, Marshmallow, Peanut Butter - all "low percentage" strong.
Thanks!

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years

I hope this helps!
Hi smoky
Quick question
Found your website review about flv classic cigarette and there was recipe attached but it was in gram n drops, any way to convert this to % or at least ml? So curious to try this recipe.

Thank you in advance!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi smoky
Quick question
Found your website review about flv classic cigarette and there was recipe attached but it was in gram n drops, any way to convert this to % or at least ml? So curious to try this recipe.

Thank you in advance!

All @Smoky Blue's recipes are designed for 30 ml. To convert the drops to % divide the number of drops by 3 (this gives you drops per 10 ml) then multiply by 0.2. That would be your percent. Or you could look up the recipe on ELR, she has added all her flvfan.com recipes there. Those are all in percent. http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1909634/Smoky Blue's Winstin Tobacco is the link to the recipe for Classic Cigarette.

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
All @Smoky Blue's recipes are designed for 30 ml. To convert the drops to % divide the number of drops by 3 (this gives you drops per 10 ml) then multiply by 0.2. That would be your percent. Or you could look up the recipe on ELR, she has added all her flvfan.com recipes there. Those are all in percent. http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1909634/Smoky Blue's Winstin Tobacco is the link to the recipe for Classic Cigarette.

Thanks, will give it a try
But as for the one in ELR i think she's still using kentucky blend instead of classic cigarette.
As for the flv lemon in this recipe, which one is preferable, lime or wedges?

Thanks

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
But as for the one in ELR i think she's still using kentucky blend instead of classic cigarette.

Thanks
To me, FLV citrus are really strong. I made this recipe with the classic cigarette and the lime comes on strong. The next time I make it I will either use just one drop (0.067%) or eliminate it altogether... The purpose of the lime is to make the tobacco pop... IMO, YMMV etc... :D

Last edited:

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
To me, FLV citrus are really strong. I made this recipe with the classic cigarette and the lime comes on strong. The next time I make it I will either use just one drop (0.067%) or eliminate it altogether... The purpose of the lime is to make the tobacco pop... IMO, YMMV etc... :D
Noted, thanks!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Hi smoky
Quick question

Thank you in advance!

Like @gopher_byrd said.. all my recipes are now on elr..
I still have not found time to straighten up my site..
too busy for my own good! :)

-----------

so is flavorah more potent/concentrated the FA?
I havent tried any flavorah yet but am always curious

It is, and i have yet to use more than 1.5% on a solo flavor..
the company just does not compare to other companies..
You can use them higher, but to me, it is a waste of time, flavor and effort.
Others might say they are using above my amounts, however, I promise, they are missing flavor notes.
It is the way the flavors are designed and how they are used that does matter.

Thanks

You can switch out the tobaccos as well as the citrus flavors..
Play around and have some fun :)

The reason I added in a citrus type is to cut the overload of the carmelly, thick syrup taste..
It worked beautifully.. but, some are more sensitive.. go larger and cut back, for a diluted rate..

I do have more recipes to release.. it might be within the next 2 weeks.. :)

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I gotta get that Rich Cinnamon already..
Yes you do! That's one I had to dilute though. I tried using the smallest drops possible straight from the bottle and it doesn't work.

Flavorah's strengths vary but personally I find myself using them around 1% overall... tobaccos 0.50%... So maybe they're slightly more concentrated than FA.. but even FA I typically do at 1% as well. But I'm one of the super taster freaks.

VU Sponsors