Become a Patron!

Derringer & Freakshow

Thanks to all of the the feedback from a previous post that i made (best RDA for the flavor chasers). I finally received my Derringer & the Freakshow. Now im wondering whats the best build for these 2? If you own either of these or both whats your favorite build? ( ohms, wire, drill bit size etc) . Thank you in advance

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
24 gauge Kanthal around 3mm screwdriver, five wraps. Duals usually meter 0.26 ohms.

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I normally run my freakshow at about .7 ohms, single coil, 7ish wraps around my biggest screwdriver, not sure what diameter, 22 gauge. At 45 watts the flavor is great.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's a loaded question lol. I don't have a derringer (yet) but I've been loving my mini freakshow with a single coil twisted 28g 2.5mm diameter coil. I forget how many wraps I've got in there (I'll check it when I get home and update) but it's right around .5 ohms. Flavor is intense and it gives a really warm vape which I like a lot.

J Pope Paul

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the derringer, I love the flavor this thing puts out. Right now I'm running a single coil 26 gauge Nichrome 80, 8 wraps around a 5/64th drill bit, .35ish ohms.... Awesome flavor. Normally I'm using dual coils, but the night I got the derringer I was anxious to build it so I just grabbed a couple pieces of wire out of my little tool box. Built the coils, installed them, then when I was pulsing and pinching them I could not get them to glow together. I mean it was wayyyy off. Well one was Nichrome, the other was kanthal. Since it was late, and I'm a lazy bastard, I just pulled out the kanthal coil and wicked it up. The end. lol

VU Sponsors