Become a Patron!

dead rabbit post hex screw?

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The hex import of my hex screw stripped.

I know that the rda kit comes with standard slot screws but those are worthless.

? is, any options finding one or few online?

Once i get money I'll buy the goon 1.5.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The hex import of my hex screw stripped.

I know that the rda kit comes with standard slot screws but those are worthless.

? is, any options finding one or few online?

Once i get money I'll buy the goon 1.5.
Best advice I have is to get a base supply of them and keep them handy. Over the course of a few months I built up a supply of M1, M1.5, M2, M2,5 to M4.5 all in various lengths from 2mm to 6mm in length in batch's of 50 and 100. The most common are m2.5 and M3 in 3mm and 4mm in length, I got them all from eBay.

When I first started building I got tired of the shit grub screws from Geekvape, Wotofo, etc. stripping out within one or two builds. That and absolutely HATE Phillips and flat heads screws for they strip very easy. Anyway get a couple of what I listed as common to start and you'll be good to go for most all atty's you get. That and do yourself a favor, get some qualty Allen Wrench's, those who bitch about Hex grubs stripping are using shit wrench's like the ones included in the kit. I learned when I was a wrench head in Highschool never ever skimp on tools, it's not worth it, not at all.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man!

Any kits with all of them?
Nope, but here's one I got a variety from. Stick with SS flat tip, stay away from pointed. Cup tip is OK, flat tip best

fucking forum software again stripping out links, let me try again

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Piece of shit forum software, sorry it's on ebay you'll need to search for it

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The flat head aren't worthless. You wouldn't have stripped them out, I guarantee that.

I think the flat head is the most hated but best designed screw in the industry. Unless hex screws are heat treated there crap.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Why do you think psyclone mods, and more high end stuff use them? There as viable if not more viable than grub hex screws. That's just my opinion though. I liked the ones they came with. What's your deal why don't you like them?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why do you think psyclone mods, and more high end stuff use them? There as viable if not more viable than grub hex screws. That's just my opinion though. I liked the ones they came with. What's your deal why don't you like them?

Disagree, most of my high end use hex and they're quality Hex ;)
I'm an old Wrench Head, many a times working on Engines, car frames etc. not to mention construction I've lost chunks of flesh due to flat heads and phillips. You also can get a much, much better bite with an Allen Key ;)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope, but here's one I got a variety from. Stick with SS flat tip, stay away from pointed. Cup tip is OK, flat tip best

fucking forum software again stripping out links, let me try again
@hitti2

Shit, correction above highlighted

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Best advice I have is to get a base supply of them and keep them handy. Over the course of a few months I built up a supply of M1, M1.5, M2, M2,5 to M4.5 all in various lengths from 2mm to 6mm in length in batch's of 50 and 100. The most common are m2.5 and M3 in 3mm and 4mm in length, I got them all from eBay.

When I first started building I got tired of the shit grub screws from Geekvape, Wotofo, etc. stripping out within one or two builds. That and absolutely HATE Phillips and flat heads screws for they strip very easy. Anyway get a couple of what I listed as common to start and you'll be good to go for most all atty's you get. That and do yourself a favor, get some qualty Allen Wrench's, those who bitch about Hex grubs stripping are using shit wrench's like the ones included in the kit. I learned when I was a wrench head in Highschool never ever skimp on tools, it's not worth it, not at all.
Exactly. There tools hardness, and not exact fitting is the precursor to a sad story. Great advice too. I need to do that. I need to get orings, and grub screws.

The tsunami24 had the best grub screws ever. Now the avacado... Those screws are pure junk. Such a good rdta with such trash grubs

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
@hitti2

Shit, correction above highlighted
I have never had any problem with flat head. Never. I trust you tho.

I used to skateboard alot. Bmx alot. I have applied allot of what I've learned from those industries. Using shitty ass tools made of junk metal, and not fitting EXACTLY to specified size is what causes stripping of screws.

I see allot of high end stuff using Flathead. Psyclone mods use them, but you have more experience than I do.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hey dude, search Del screw. You can get the same size grubs that are hardened zinc grub screws. Same as the tsunami24 but probably much higher quality. I haven't ordered and don't have much experience because I literally baby the fuck out of my screws. But I'm going to order some. M1-3 hardened and they have the slotted ones I like, and the hex ones you both like.

VU Sponsors