Become a Patron!

Damn All Enablers - Damn You Straight too

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Ah Hell let me tell you my tale of woe. Started Vaping about 2 1/2 years ago. Right away knew I wanted to DIY my juice so started gathering supplies. First Loranns (because you can get them locally), then VZ SC, and finally TFA from wizard labs With a few Capella's thrown in. Some I didn't care for but quite a few I really liked so would reorder the same when I got low. Basically I was in a rut flavor wise. Then I joined VU. I belong to several forums but usually stay in the Modding sections. Well here I decided to wander around that's when I mistakenly wandered into the dark back alley that is the DIY liquid section. Started Reading these posts with great sounding recipes and everyone raving about them. The more I read the better they sounded but one problem tho the majority of them seem to be using FA flavors. So without realizing it I found my self filling carts on Venders sites with FA samplers. Kept referring back to recipes and adding more flavors (rinse and repeat). Even tho I know I didn't get all I will probably need for some of the recipes I had to checkout at about 35 flavors. Because I realized I might not have enough empty glass bottle to mix up in. Who Knew that (40) 30 ml and (30) 15 ml plus tons of plastic would not be enough. So off to another site I go to order more bottles. While there I also remember what I did not like about the caps on the bottles I currently have. The paper liners that kept coming off or the dropper caps that I can't figure out where to lay them down with out contaminating them. I see they have the poly cone ones so replacements all around.

So in a span of a few short moments I found myself short about a $100 bucks that I had no plans to spend. I would now like to give fair warning to everyone If you do not continue to post new recipes I plan to collect from you. (Yea you on the right I'm talking to YOU!)

Seriously tho my flavors are arriving today and I am very much excited about trying them out. And would like to extend my heart felt appreciation to all who are willing to share hard won recipes with the community You know who you are. Mucho thanks.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL Your DIY will go to a whole new level with some of the FA recipes posted here - and while it's much cheaper to DIY, you won't break even until about 2020 because you'll be busy buying more flavors in bigger bottles :)

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
LOL Your DIY will go to a whole new level with some of the FA recipes posted here - and while it's much cheaper to DIY, you won't break even until about 2020 because you'll be busy buying more flavors in bigger bottles :)

Yea that's what I am hoping will happen. As for breaking even I quit worrying about that a long time back and am just enjoying the ride.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for posting the link. I had forgotten about that site. Hopefully I now have the ingredients I need for the ones I like.
You don't. Go ahead and get another cart / order started.

:D

One of the best things I've done is put my list of flavors in a format I can access from home, work, or on the go. For me, that's a Google docs spreadsheet. That way I can read a recipe I like, pull up the list to check, and then add the ingredients to the shopping list if need be. It also keeps me from buying duplicates of rarely-used items.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
You don't. Go ahead and get another cart / order started.

:D

One of the best things I've done is put my list of flavors in a format I can access from home, work, or on the go. For me, that's a Google docs spreadsheet. That way I can read a recipe I like, pull up the list to check, and then add the ingredients to the shopping list if need be. It also keeps me from buying duplicates of rarely-used items.

Thanks for the great idea. I was just writing them down in a notebook but your way seems a lot better for keeping them under control.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank Smokey Blue for the Google Docs. I had my stuff in a spreadsheet, but never thought to put it on the web until Smokey showed us an example.

Also consider the rest of the info you'd like to attach to that flavor; the manufacturer, the general category of flavor, price, size, rating, on and on. I did my list in Excel so I could organize it by the column of my choosing; alphabetically by flavor name, grouped by manufacturer, grouped by flavor type, etc. (Again, thanks Smokey!)

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I found Purevapes had 3ml FA samples, I went batshit. I had only used TFA from WL. Before Purevapes, I didn't want to spend $3-$4 a bottle on different brands. I ordered continuously. Sometimes multiple times a week! Then I found Eliquidmart. Now there's Bull City. I've dumped a lot of dough into flavors over the last several months. I made an order yesterday, only to find myself contemplating another one today. Must. Hold. Back....

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
When I found Purevapes had 3ml FA samples, I went batshit. I had only used TFA from WL. Before Purevapes, I didn't want to spend $3-$4 a bottle on different brands. I ordered continuously. Sometimes multiple times a week! Then I found Eliquidmart. Now there's Bull City. I've dumped a lot of dough into flavors over the last several months. I made an order yesterday, only to find myself contemplating another one today. Must. Hold. Back....

Yea Eliquidmart is who I decided to order from for my new FA samplers. Thanks by the way a recipe you posted was one of the main ones that got me hooked in. From reading I don't think there are many who are thinking Must Hold Back.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea Eliquidmart is who I decided to order from for my new FA samplers. Thanks by the way a recipe you posted was one of the main ones that got me hooked in. From reading I don't think there are many who are thinking Must Hold Back.
What recipe?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
wwwhhhhoooooohhhooooooo !!!!!!!!!! #flavorart #breakthebank #vapelyfe

VU Sponsors