Become a Patron!

DA ONE Tech Barrel - first impressions

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I received the Barrel from DA One Tech to test out. I’ve been vaping on it for a week. Here are my impressions.

First off let’s take a look at the device:

cR1ZQRM.png

The Barrel rarely comes in twelve colours. Im decided to use the carbon fibre one and gave away the supplied extra. It comes in twelve different colours and the finish looks quite nice. In fact it has an expensive look about it. But it is very light. And the finish is a sticker. That said I still quite like it.

If you look t the device and pod you might infer that it is indeed a top fill device. The cap simply unscrews to fill. This is quite different from other pod devices and much simpler to use. No need to take it apart. The pod is built right into the device and held by the coil head once installed. At the base of the pod is adjustable airflow. So far so good. The screen is bright and shows voltage and battery life. Simply press the bottom button to adjust and scroll through. Firing button is above the screen.

You charge the device with the USB port on the side - again good. I dislike bottom USB ports. It is 900 mah so keeps it charge awhile and you can pass through vape. In fact it has all the protections you need - overheat, 10s shut off, over discharge, short circuit and low voltage. It’s a complete package.

It has a strong magnet dust cap. You will not have to worry about getting dusty or losing cap when putting Barrel in your bags or pockets. And the top cap will firmly stick to the bottom of the device when out and about vaping so you will not lose it.
It’s hard to tell from the picture but the device is quite tiny and weighs only 55g and is 103 x 17.5 x 25.5 mm in size with the drop tip. The drip is quite nice and comfortable too.
So that is all nice but how does it vape? I’ve been using the supplied coil - the 1.6 ohm with a 60/40 6 mg e-juice. I also tested a 70/30. I found thew 70/30 was a bit too thick a juice for it. It was okay but difficult to chain vape without an occasional dry hit. So 50/50 or 60/40 works best. There is also an available 1.2 ohm coil.

This is a variable voltage device. You have four settings - 3.6, 3.8, 4.0 and 4.2. I preferred the 4.0 but did occasionally go up to 4.2. If you restrict the AFC and use salts, a 3.6 or 3.8 would be perfect. This is really an MTL device.
So, great battery life, variety of colours, magnet top cap, variable voltage with battery bar indicator, top fill, pass through, light weight and adjustable airflow. All good. It could have come with type c charging but about hour and half and it is charged anyway.If you order direst you even get a free return within 7 days but I doubt you will want to use that option.
If I struggled for cons there are very few. It comes with only the one coil (should have both options) and it has just the one pod (a spare would be nice). Also the pod is only a 2ml capacity - I understand this is TPD compliant but would have loved a 3.5ml one.

Contents
1x Barrel Device
1x 1.6 ohm organic cotton Coil
1x Micro USB
1x User Manual
1x Warranty Card
2x Extra Oring

Thanks to DA ONE TECH for forwarding this review: https://www.daonetechtw.com/

Last edited:

VU Sponsors