Become a Patron!

CUBOID wont go over 106 watts.

So for about a year I was using a cuboid mod and a tfv 4 smok tank without any issue. Suddenly I started getting a very harsh throat hit and not much cloud production. It wasn't like a burnt taste I'd get when I would need to change the coil but I changed it anyway filled it up and had the same issue. So wanting to upgrade anyway I bought a tfv 8 bought a new juice. And again was still gething a bad hit. So I stuck with it for a little and the burning seems to have dissipated and I'm getting good flavor and decent clouds. But now I have a new issue... it seems the wattage will not go above 106 watts. It was doing so on the 4 but not on the 8 ? I know the tank can handle it because my friends all use the same tank. Now typically I don't vape that high anyway but I'd like to go up if I wanted to. On a side note , I noticed the amp reading on the display says 0. I never looked at it before but it seemed strange to me. Shows ohm was .17 which seems correct. Any ideas?

So for about a year I was using a cuboid mod and a tfv 4 smok tank without any issue. Suddenly I started getting a very harsh throat hit and not much cloud production. It wasn't like a burnt taste I'd get when I would need to change the coil but I changed it anyway filled it up and had the same issue. So wanting to upgrade anyway I bought a tfv 8 bought a new juice. And again was still gething a bad hit. So I stuck with it for a little and the burning seems to have dissipated and I'm getting good flavor and decent clouds. But now I have a new issue... it seems the wattage will not go above 106 watts. It was doing so on the 4 but not on the 8 ? I know the tank can handle it because my friends all use the same tank. Now typically I don't vape that high anyway but I'd like to go up if I wanted to. On a side note , I noticed the amp reading on the display says 0. I never looked at it before but it seemed strange to me. Shows ohm was .17 which seems correct. Any ideas?

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The cuboid has a 25A limit.
If it reaches a max of 106W it means it reads your coil as 0.17 ohm (0.15 ohm coil so close enough).
If you want to reach higher wattage you can try using the V8-T6 head that is 0.2 ohm and should bring you to around 125W, or use the RBA head and build even higher.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With regulated mods, resistance doesn't mean much apart from in these cases due to their maximum voltage and output amp limits.

The Cuboids amp output is very low, just 25A!(The only mod I know that is lower is the Xcube 2 at 20A) It also maxes at at 9V (Which is fairly normal).

Due to this, you must build within a certain band of resistance to hit maximum wattage-which in the cuboids case is between 0.24 and 0.56 Ohms.
So, a simple rebuild with a slightly higher resistance and you will be able to utilise the cuboids full power :).

VU Sponsors