Become a Patron!

Cuboid 150W + which tank!!

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi,

I am recently moving up in my vaping game with the cuboid, but i am unsure of what tank to use with it. I am not ready for RDA's so i have ruled those out. I was thinking about the Cubis because of the sweet design but seeing the coils only can work at 30W max has made it shaky for me.

my question is what Tank would match well for the device that i currently have? (well, will have soon) I have looked around and grown some liking to the Crown and Herakles.

I'm getting myself a Cuboid or Cheiftain next purchase, knowing this I bought a Sense Cyclone which can go up to 150w. Great tank size, top fill, tank lock off. Could be an option for you?

Melbourne Vaper. Sent using Tapatalk

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
0.25 ohm coils on the Crown work great between 80-100 watts depending on the liquid. Friend of mine has the Herakles Plus and loves it, I think he runs his at about 80 watts as well.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm getting myself a Cuboid or Cheiftain next purchase, knowing this I bought a Sense Cyclone which can go up to 150w. Great tank size, top fill, tank lock off. Could be an option for you?

Melbourne Vaper. Sent using Tapatalk
I've read that cyclone coils are hard to find.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
SS Cuboid with a SS Crown. A match made in heaven. Loving it.

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for your opinions and options guys!

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I keep a Atlantis V2 on my Cubiod as it's full time tank. I also have a Crown as of today and have had a Herakles Plus. Those two tanks live full time on RX200's. But all three work great on the Cubiod. The best of the three tanks for me is the Herakles Plus. It's got some magic going on. Much quieter intake air noise. Can stay as cool as the Atlantis V2. But the Herakles top air works more with the coil. It's half of what the Cubis does. If you shut off the bottom air control on the Herakles Plus and keep the top air flow open it will setup and drat like the Cubis will if you fire it. It just wont shoot vape out the drip tip. It will cycle it back down through the chimney. But it will stop the cycle after a few seconds once the coil chamber equalizes. if you look down the chimney with a flash light you will see it happen then stop.

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I keep a Atlantis V2 on my Cubiod as it's full time tank. I also have a Crown as of today and have had a Herakles Plus. Those two tanks live full time on RX200's. But all three work great on the Cubiod. The best of the three tanks for me is the Herakles Plus. It's got some magic going on. Much quieter intake air noise. Can stay as cool as the Atlantis V2. But the Herakles top air works more with the coil. It's half of what the Cubis does. If you shut off the bottom air control on the Herakles Plus and keep the top air flow open it will setup and drat like the Cubis will if you fire it. It just wont shoot vape out the drip tip. It will cycle it back down through the chimney. But it will stop the cycle after a few seconds once the coil chamber equalizes. if you look down the chimney with a flash light you will see it happen then stop.

yeah i figured out the cubis wont be as powerful as what others are out there.. just has a sleek design and concept!! but all the tanks you listed are on my eye for the next one to get

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yeah i figured out the cubis wont be as powerful as what others are out there.. just has a sleek design and concept!! but all the tanks you listed are on my eye for the next one to get

Something tells me the will Be coming out with a larger Cubis, with better coils and air flow. If I walked into a local vape shop and they aCubis for $15.00 to $20.00 I would by one. But I'm not going to purchase one online for the pleasure of ownership and investigation.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just for everyones future reference, there will be RBA heads coming out soon for the Cubis

http://www.joyetech.com/product/bf-rba-head/

I have a Cubis, and can't wait to take advantage of these, I love this tank, but the coils are sub-par so far, so I'm hoping the RBAs will perform much better

I'm wanting this too.
I see one screw for the neg wire, I assume.
But the positive wire must still go under the bottom pin?

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Cubis and it's a good tank under 30 watts. I have only used the .5 ohm coil but the airflow wide open is adequate and I get good vapor production. I haven't been crazy about using it in temp control with settings SS316 from steam engine on my Hcigar VT200 but still experimenting with the settings in Escribe.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm wanting this too.
I see one screw for the neg wire, I assume.
But the positive wire must still go under the bottom pin?

I would assume so. It doesn't seem like there's any other screw ports, and since it has an insulator ring, I'm guessing they're very reminiscent of the CLR coils for the Ego One (same company so it seems logical I suppose).

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would assume so. It doesn't seem like there's any other screw ports, and since it has an insulator ring, I'm guessing they're very reminiscent of the CLR coils for the Ego One (same company so it seems logical I suppose).

I was kind-of surprised to see any screws, just because the stock heads are using both wires under the bottom.
I figure it would probably still work that way too, just in cast the screw gets stripped out or lost.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just in cast the screw gets stripped out or lost.
And that's how you make money lol.
They're selling a 5pk for around $15 (I paid that much for my Crown RBA alone) so they're pretty cheap to replace, but other than that I can't figure out why the incorporated a screw design.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

The CLR heads have me interested too as I like the air flow from "down under" the coil, much like the PT2 heads.
And the easy rebuild part too.
Just wish I could get a Tron in SS, kinda worried about the "colors" inside the tanks.
Can get the ego one mega is SS but I like the bigger windows in the Tron.
(Prices still seem kinda high for those compared to the Cubis though).
Gonna hold off buying any more tanks until I can try out the new Cubis rba heads.
Just don't care for the sub-ohm thing too much cause I like doing MTL better.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The CLR heads have me interested too as I like the air flow from "down under" the coil, much like the PT2 heads.
And the easy rebuild part too.
Just wish I could get a Tron in SS, kinda worried about the "colors" inside the tanks.
Can get the ego one mega is SS but I like the bigger windows in the Tron.
(Prices still seem kinda high for those compared to the Cubis though).
Gonna hold off buying any more tanks until I can try out the new Cubis rba heads.
Just don't care for the sub-ohm thing too much cause I like doing MTL better.

The Cubis comes with a 0.5ohm SS, a 1.0ohm SS, and a 1.5ohm Clapton in the box. I haven't tried the 1.0 or 1.5 yet, still using the 0.5ohm. I personally don't like the Mega or Tron tanks, they both perform the same (which is to say pretty terribly) and both use the same coils (which also suck). Although mine hasn't leaked on me, everyone else I know who has one has leaked. The CLR coils make the tank bearable, but still not that great either. I much prefer the Cubis, even if it only had the 0.5s lol. I'm gonna try the Clapton next, hopefully it gives a better flavor, even if its MTL.

And there is no paint on the interior of the Tron, it's a glass tank pressing against rubber seals (like most tanks) with the metal housing on the outside (much like the Cubis) and the only metal that is in contact with the juice is SS. You shouldn't have any problems with paint peeling into the interior of the tank (unlike the Kanger Subtanks where the metal housing is on the inside of the glass).

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Cubis comes with a 0.5ohm SS, a 1.0ohm SS, and a 1.5ohm Clapton in the box. I haven't tried the 1.0 or 1.5 yet, still using the 0.5ohm.

I've used the 1.5 and it was decent enough for me and lasted around 5 days and 25mls of juice.
The 1.0 I'm using now, not TC tho, seems to be burning at only 8 watts with 70PG, maybe the wick is packed too tight, IDK.
Thanks for the info on the EGO CLRs, think I'll skip over those tanks for now.

TMFR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
UPDATE: So I got my Cuboid and Uwell Crown tank Saturday.. LOVE IT! My big draw was the dual 18650. This thing lasts all day and trust me I am not shy about vaping it all day. I only vape around 50-65 watts I am not into the 200watt thing.. but for what I have been looking for it is amazing. As for the Crown tank.. Awesome flavor and the top fill is the only way to go. I am extremely happy with my purchase.

They must have fixed the button rattle cause no rattle here. I also saw people post that their screen was not aligned.. mine was fine.. maybe they saw these kinds of posts and fixed?

The cons: Something new will probably come out and catch my attention in a month. :(

VU Sponsors