Become a Patron!

Cthulhu MTL RTA 24mm *NEW*

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I watched that video, I was concerned that Phil B.seemed to under wick because he trimmed it up so much, and then he had flooding issues. It seemed connected to me, but I didn't say anything because he's Phil B. and I've only been using RTAs for 5 months. What does anyone else think?

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I watched that video, I was concerned that Phil B.seemed to under wick because he trimmed it up so much, and then he had flooding issues. It seemed connected to me, but I didn't say anything because he's Phil B. and I've only been using RTAs for 5 months. What does anyone else think?

Just had another look at the vid ... You have a good point @all_thumbs
yes3.gif

Looks like there may be a clear path for juice to get by at the sides of the first wick after he pushed it into the cup, before vacuum took hold. It'll be interesting to hear what folks have to say about this puppy after we start getting our hands on them.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Wick ends should be like this not the diamond shaped tip cut in the video. That wick end cutting
technique doesn't work well on every tank on the planet and he shouldn't assume it does.

MTL Wicking.jpg

Last edited:

zlowly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know this sound stupid, but is this tank tolerate DL?
i kinda love it at first sight (might get one actually :D )

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All done with a 2.5 mm 1.5 ohm clapton coil, is easy to build and work on

jQoIzr0.jpg

Got the middle air grub inserted and is good flavor, got a little seepage, but think down to my wicking being a bit thin, might try a 3mm coil instead

PuV3aK0.jpg
I gotta get me one those. Looks real nice.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

CthulhuMod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IN JAIL
Unlisted Vendor
All done with a 2.5 mm 1.5 ohm clapton coil, is easy to build and work on

jQoIzr0.jpg

Got the middle air grub inserted and is good flavor, got a little seepage, but think down to my wicking being a bit thin, might try a 3mm coil instead

PuV3aK0.jpg

Nice picture! could we re-post it to our fb page? thx

Looks awesome, I would love to win one, I have been using tanks mostly but now that they have pre made coils it would be great to try this RTA and MTL looks like a top notch inovative company with great equipment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Waiting for your review Ramsay. :)

Working on it! Like everyone else, been busy with the holidays.

So far, I've only tried out the MTL tank with no insert and with the largest diameter one.
I'm liking it so far and I'd describe the vape as smooth, but it hits!. Have to set aside some
time to test out the smaller air hole inserts.

Might seem odd, but the tank seems to work better with fluffier cotton like Koh Gen Doh.
The Muji that I normally use seems a bit denser and doesn't work as well with this tank.
All subjective of course!.

NO flooding or gurgling! I don't over saturate the coil wick when priming.

Other than that:

- Filling near the top poses no problems. Wouldn't mind an extension ala the Atlantis EVO Adapter Kit to
raise/increase it's capacity
- You can achieve a tight draw (Based on MY perception) even with the largest insert and an AFC adjustment
- Wick ends have to be flat, well fluffed up and the tips barely inserted into the juice wells. The wick shouldn't
fit too tightly inside the coil
- No wicking issues with 60 or 70% VG juice
- Taller drip tip would be nice, but that's personal preference and you can use your own
- The AFC section is removable and I would suggest giving the rubber o-ring a wipe with VG
or a non tank cracker E-Juice

That's it for now!

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On the way to me by Monday or Tuesday I have a Cthulhu MTL, a Merlin Mini and the weird clone-based KF Mini V3 plus, (a 24mm Kayfun Mini v3 clone which isn't a clone because SvoeMesto never made it in 24mm?)

I'll write a MTL comparison post as soon as I get some time on them all, but will post first impressions for the Cthulhu here first.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Cthulhu MTL arrived and it has a short! Full disassembly and reassembly did not resolve the problem. Happens with or without a coil in place. When chamber is screwed onto base, it reads as .02 Ohm. I'm disappointed but I know problems occur in manufacturing like this. This is basically the first batch, right?

I emailed Cthulhu to see if they will help me directly. I'd rather not deal with Fasttech.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My Cthulhu MTL arrived and it has a short! Full disassembly and reassembly did not resolve the problem. Happens with or without a coil in place. When chamber is screwed onto base, it reads as .02 Ohm. I'm disappointed but I know problems occur in manufacturing like this. This is basically the first batch, right?

I emailed Cthulhu to see if they will help me directly. I'd rather not deal with Fasttech.

Sorry to hear that.

Send a PM to @CthulhuMod and hopefully you'll get a quick resolution.

the fog

Member For 2 Years
Thanks for posting it.
More detail about the MTL:

Our team receive 20+ suggestions about making a mouth to lung RDA in the past 6 months.

Dave L (Cthulhu designer) start the project at September. We do research on our Facebook page, vaping forum, and reddit ECR.

We received suggestions as below:

Kayfun V5 style deck (best single coil deck);

Condensed chamber;

Air hole size selectable; (Airflow is the key for MTL)

Shorter chimney;

After modifying the sample three times, we finish the project. Our Cthulhu MTL RTA is released. It can support true MTL and a restricted lung hit.

Cthulhu MTL RTA comes with kayfun V5 style single coil deck (PS. We are working on dual coil deck now, and it is optional for customer).

mtl-5.jpg

Dia. 14mm condensed chamber, and the chimney using Cthulhu two-step-design to improve flavor.

IO7VemT.jpg

3 swappable air flow resisters (Dia. 1.2mm, 1.6mm, 3mm) to make the air hole size selectable. (customer can select nice restricted airflow for true MTL, and they can select bigger airflow for restricted lung hit)

mJzqYjO.jpg

mxvXFa0.jpg

Cthulhu MTL comes with two drip tips (Dia. 4mm and Dia. 2mm).

Features:

3 swappable air flow resisters in the tank (Dia. 1.2mm, 1.6mm, 3mm). Dia 4 mm air hole if we remove air flow resister.

Two drip tips (Dia. 4mm and Dia. 2mm).

Adjustable juice flow.

Adjustable air flow.

Short Cthulhu two-step-chimney, improving flavor.

Food grade 304 steel.

3ml capacity.

Easy top refilling.

Product video:

i need to know the screws size for this tank please

VU Sponsors