Cross Post - LorAnn Watermelon (No artificial color) - Group Buy

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/2kniun/la_group_buy_watermelon_banana_cream_without/

Can also reply here if you don't have a reddit account.

Basically, it's a pretty general consensus that LA makes the best candy type watermelon flavor out there. Unfortunately, all re-sellers only sell the version that appears radioactive due to the artificial coloring.

Thankfully, I was able to create a wholesale account with LA and can purchase watermelon without the added coloring. Unfortunately, it's a 1 gallon minimum purchase.

Please see the above link for pricing details on this group buy.

Below link contains current reservations and will be updated once payments are received (once we break the 80 ounces mark I'll start collecting and place the order).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x4lHr4W2F-3lARv0jR5nK-jKof_gCFxQJzTP_7m_zo0/edit?usp=sharing

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow! Radoactive? Hadn't heard that one before! I love candy watermelon, will check it out. What is the minimum order? Thanks!

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nevermind, I see that one ounce is $5 shipped. I don't have a reddit account. Do you know what the percentage is usually on a single flavor? I've never used loranns before. One ounce should be enough for me. Thank you! :)

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nevermind, I see that one ounce is $5 shipped. I don't have a reddit account. Do you know what the percentage is usually on a single flavor? I've never used loranns before. One ounce should be enough for me. Thank you! :)
Mixing with it anywhere from 3-5%, as a standalone it's amazing @ 12%. I say radioactive as it's like a hot pink flavor when the artificial coloring is in there lol. Stains the shit out of stuff if you spill it too.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Should I book you for one ounce?

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do we know if this is free of diacetyl and ap?

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do we know if this is free of diacetyl and ap?
No diacetyl, acetoin, acetyl propionyl or any other replacement custard notes. Usually has FD&C Red 3 and FD&C Red 40 but that's why we're doing the group buy is to ditch the coloring.

Just PG and slight amount of alcohol in the base.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
umm who says la is the best?
i think flavors express, currently, but i am sitting on "Real watermelon" from Nicvape, gota feeling it might just change..

then again, i mix different flavor companies together for a bit of a change too..
makes the watermelon with a dash of raspberry all good.. ;)

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haha well general consensus is that LA Watermelon is amazing and I agree. I've probably only tried 7-8 from the bigger vendors though, I have nothing against FE but certainly prefer LA over it.

Have tried both of CAPs, TFA, LA, FA, FE, FW. 16oz for $30 shipped is a nice price though too on something so delicious impo.

I'd been trying for a few weeks to replicate a fabulous watermelon out of all the above minus the LA but haven't gotten something I like as much as LA's by itself.

62 ounces are booked at the moment in case you wanted to get in on this at all Smoky ;-)

I'll probably wind up keeping 32oz or so for myself. So need to book up another 30-40.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Haha well general consensus is that LA Watermelon is amazing and I agree. I've probably only tried 7-8 from the bigger vendors though, I have nothing against FE but certainly prefer LA over it.

Have tried both of CAPs, TFA, LA, FA, FE, FW. 16oz for $30 shipped is a nice price though too on something so delicious impo.

:p just picking on you, botboy :p

now if you still have all those flavors.. try mixing them in staggering amounts..
then add:

2% sweetener
.5% em
.5% maple

and try it out.. ;)

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great! No custard notes! Please put me down for one ounce, please! :)

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
:p just picking on you, botboy :p

now if you still have all those flavors.. try mixing them in staggering amounts..
then add:

2% sweetener
.5% em
.5% maple

and try it out.. ;)
Yeah they definitely lacked sweetness. I'll continue to play with them more for sure. I really like 2 parts CAP Double Watermelon 1 part FA Watermelon but haven't dialed in the sweetness for it yet.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Added you for one ounce. This first gallon is sold out. See the link on Reddit for payment details.
TThank you! I have a feeling this stuff is going to be like gold! Yum!

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Received. Placing the order for bottles and the gallon of Watermelon tomorrow, if we get lucky it might all ship out by next Friday but I'd expect early the following week instead.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I saw that it was like Watermelon Candy. Can you compare the flavor to something?

My wife really wants a watermelon vape, but we like really strong flavors. Ex, Cinnamon Red Hot candy from TFA at 15% with TFA Sweetener at 5%.

If I were to try and get in on this, I'd probably go for the 4oz size just to make the shipping costs worth it.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We are sold out on the first gallon with a wailist for another ~20 ounces at the moment. Odds are I'll be running more group buys soon. Likely the next one I'll leave open for a few weeks and we'll see if we can't 2-5 gallons queued up.

I would compare this flavor to eating a watermelon flavored jolly rancher straight up. Given the color of the jolly rancher, they might even use this exact flavoring but with the color included. That's the taste I get anyways.

If you like stronger vapes but want watermelon, LA watermelon @ 8% + 2% menthol or TFA Watermelon @ 12% + 2% menthol are both excellent. That's what got me off analogs!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i found combining flavor companies, and using lower percentages, you get the best of both..
so far, loving the real watermelon from Nicvapes, and i do mine like this:

2% real watermelon NV
1% watermelon fa
2% watermelon tfa
1% watermelon fe
1% melon ina
1% razz NV
2% sweetener
.5% white vinegar
.5% em

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ouch @ NicVape prices for flavors though...ugh...Double FA is just nuts.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
you pay for what you get, botboy..
i think they taste fantastic.. i did think the same as you, but after tasting them.. I dont have any issues paying for them.
i have plans to play with, and i am looking forward to the next flavors coming out from the company.. :)

double fa?? no.. it's good at 1% :p
and layering just does things right..
the best of all flavor worlds..

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you pay for what you get, botboy..
i think they taste fantastic.. i did think the same as you, but after tasting them.. I dont have any issues paying for them.
i have plans to play with, and i am looking forward to the next flavors coming out from the company.. :)

double fa?? no.. it's good at 1% :p
and layering just does things right..
the best of all flavor worlds..
I'll give them a shot on my next R&D order. I was hoping my post about the price would get you to justify it.

Just for my reference, have you talked to them at all about bulk sizes?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
they are working on bulk, and do have a few sizes, but.. my brain is not together tonight.. :oops:
i know he talked on expanding the sizes and wholesale and that is supposed to happen soon.. ;)

as for justifying..
well.. they are local to me.. one call, 5 min drive can resolve tons..
taste, better than tfa fw and capellas..
usage, lower than those above, and i do think most are real fruits..
not artificial, but i have yet to try them all..

i keep looking at them and saying.. soon my lovelies!! :p

but the real watermelon.. omg..
my watermelon bubble gum.. is just like the hubba bubba stuff.. <3

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i do know they have more flavors in progress and can't wait till they release them into the wild!! :D
for now.. all 11 fruits are fantastic.. the tobaccos.. omg..

i cant wait for honey.. spices and herbals.. more creams..
(still thinking over the cream de menthe.. it's more alcoholic than most.. taste wise..)
and me being Irish-Blackfoot.. well.. it's good!!
no complaints at all with the company..

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We are sold out on the first gallon with a wailist for another ~20 ounces at the moment. Odds are I'll be running more group buys soon. Likely the next one I'll leave open for a few weeks and we'll see if we can't 2-5 gallons queued up.

I would compare this flavor to eating a watermelon flavored jolly rancher straight up. Given the color of the jolly rancher, they might even use this exact flavoring but with the color included. That's the taste I get anyways.

If you like stronger vapes but want watermelon, LA watermelon @ 8% + 2% menthol or TFA Watermelon @ 12% + 2% menthol are both excellent. That's what got me off analogs!
Please add me to the list for 4 oz @Botboy141

She loves watermelon Jolly Ranchers so I think this will be a big hit!

Ksprings

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How much is 4oz shipped??

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How much is 4oz shipped??
$10 but first gallon is sold out, can add you to wait list for the next order if desired (assumes USA).

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any update on the first gallon? Thanks! :)

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You should be receiving yours on Monday ;-) Shipped 11/7.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sweeeeet! Thank you SO much! I will mix some up as soon as it arrives! :)

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Arrived on Monday, as sheduled. Mixed it up and LOVE it! :)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Please add me to the list for 4 oz @Botboy141

She loves watermelon Jolly Ranchers so I think this will be a big hit!

Who doesn't love watermelon flavor Jolly Ranchers , got to have a screw loose if you don't like it ( now just in case there is somebody who doesn't like it , don't be hopping all over my ass about it , chill out , no hostility or outward aggression intended , you can tighten screws so all is not lost )

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There's an FA group buy going on now as well in case you didn't see.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/2lxndt/fa_group_buy/

We've hit the 10% discount level, have until 11/24 to name what you want!
HHmmmm, I gave up my fw sugar cookie because of the possible custard notes. A bunch of these sound interesting. How is the custard? Can it be used as a single flavor? Thanks! Will leave some feedback for you soon on the great watermelon deal! :)

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HHmmmm, I gave up my fw sugar cookie because of the possible custard notes. A bunch of these sound interesting. How is the custard? Can it be used as a single flavor? Thanks! Will leave some feedback for you soon on the great watermelon deal! :)
The Custard is amazing standalone or in combination with many fruits.

Check out @HeadInClouds review HERE

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you, I will get a small order together soon!

VU Sponsors