Critiquing the critics

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like PBusardo's stuff. But in this case, is it possible that he's either underthinking or overthinking in his review of the Smoktech RSBT?

And compare his difficulties with the RSBT build against the relative ease the reviewer had below ...

What do you all think?

If you've found similar issues with other well-known / well-regarded reviewers, please do share.

Merrick92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eh, some reviewers have good luck with stuff, and bad luck with others. Me personally, I look just to see how it is built, not how difficult it is for them, only because I know where my strengths and weaknesses are. Thank you for posting this vid, I hadn't seen it yet. Looks like a dead ringer for the fogger, at least as far as the internals look. I may actually have to buy this one, cause as I write this reply, I am vaping on my fogger 2.1 :) It's now a year old, and I'm thinking I could use a new one, and this rta looks more like my v2.1 than the v.4.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of the things I really like about Phil’s reviews is the detail. While he’s certainly not shy about voicing his opinion, he shows you all the nitty-gritty so you can decide for yourself it a feature will be a pro or a con for your particular needs.

My experiences with the RSBT have been much different than Phil’s. I picked up an RSBT from Triangle Vapes about a month or so ago, and while I prefer the flavor I’m getting from my Aga T7 and T5, the RSBT works a lot better for me than my Kayfun. I run it wide open and use a 60VG/40PG blend and have yet to get a dry hit. I wick with Rayon, cut it so about 1/4 inch hangs outside the cutout, then gently push the wick back so that it’s about flush with the cutout.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Difference between testing cotton and micro coil for best setup and just wrapping some silica and slapping it in there.

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't mind some trouble with it, what annoys me more is factual errors. I saw someone's video review where they state one number, and within 10 seconds changed it to another number, and in both cases, the number isn't what the manufacture states. And, I guess it annoys me a little when a reviewer has trouble showing off something in a review. It just puts in my head that they didn't look at the device much, whether that's true or not. I mean, at least spend a few minutes before the video thinking about what you're going to say and how to take something apart properly. But those are minor nags.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly, if you only show the product up close, take it apart and put back together, then put a build in it and vape it, that's pretty much good enough for me ;)

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a few reviewers that I'll base my judgement off of. Mainly Phil, Grimm, Todd. But I'll still do my own homework & base my decision of everything I can find, weighing perceived pros & cons. Just cause one person has problems with a product doesn't mean everyone else will. This doesn't just apply to vaping too. The tools at hand & knowledge of the product can make or break one's experience.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since my days are filled with Science I like a reviewer to be precise funny to the point and not waste my time with
gibberish... about some creature that ate his left ball sack :)

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Since my days are filled with Science I like a reviewer to be precise funny to the point and not waste my time with
gibberish... about some creature that ate his left ball sack :)

Reviewers that have a left AND a right ball sack....scare me.

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nice clear video and a thorough breakdown of parts and assembly are what I look for in a review.
Also if the reviewer is worth a darn they will know the difference between junk metal and a good 304 stainless, some don't no crap machining from fine milling either..
They have to use any device for a couple of weeks to get a good feel for it and see if its worth the money in your pocket.
Only fools buy on first sight, and pre orders of new gear. There are only a few good popular reviewers out there who do try to let us know..

VU Sponsors