Become a Patron!

COV Minivolt V1 vs V2...

cloudniners

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've got a few questions for the experienced vapers out there...
I'm a newbie (per say... i've experienced a lot of things in vaping and i've been talking to vapers and reading up online for quite some time)

I've been offered by my friend an opportunity to buy their 2 weeks used Minivolt (Not sure if V1 or V2.. he has yet to reply to me)

But.... what are the key differences between the V1 and V2....
and what batteries does the Minivolt use??? (18350???)
Is it user replaceable (by opening up the mod)

What are your thoughts on it.... does it have an accurate chip.. with an accurate wattage and temp control for most (common) types of coils??

Also... for a wattage range of 5 to 40w.. what are good (balanced) coil builds that have good vapor production... and a reasonably hot dense flavorful vapor?
Of which isnt built with an extremely low resistance (battery life is at a premium i predict)

Thanks guys...

If anyone owns a Minivolt... just drop your thoughts... i would love to hear it

Below is his picture... kinda scratchy but it's half the price of the new one... and i was planning to give it some TLC... using some hobbyist paint and clear coat (for diy scale model cars)

vape.jpeg

Last edited:

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I've got a few questions for the experienced vapers out there...
I'm a newbie (per say... i've experienced a lot of things in vaping and i've been talking to vapers and reading up online for quite some time)

I've been offered by my friend an opportunity to buy their 2 weeks used Minivolt (Not sure if V1 or V2.. he has yet to reply to me)

But.... what are the key differences between the V1 and V2....
and what batteries does the Minivolt use??? (18350???)
Is it user replaceable (by opening up the mod)

What are your thoughts on it.... does it have an accurate chip.. with an accurate wattage and temp control for most (common) types of coils??

Also... for a wattage range of 5 to 40w.. what are good (balanced) coil builds that have good vapor production... and a reasonably hot dense flavorful vapor?
Of which isnt built with an extremely low resistance (battery life is at a premium i predict)

Thanks guys...
Below is his picture... kinda scratchy but it's half the price of the new one... and i was planning to give it some TLC... using some hobbyist paint and clear coat (for diy scale model cars)

View attachment 71666
If your building your own coils that are 0.5 ohms or less you need more then 40 watts, at least 75 watts

cloudniners

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your building your own coils that are 0.5 ohms or less you need more then 40 watts, at least 75 watts

Are the 0.5 ohm and higher resistance coils good on battery life and does it produce a reasonable cloud and a reasonably hot dense vape?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Are the 0.5 ohm and higher resistance coils good on battery life and does it produce a reasonable cloud and a reasonably hot dense vape?
A lot of variations up in play like the type of coil but in general a 0.5 ohm single coil will last you on average 4 hours on one 2000 mah 18650 battery at 50 watts

cloudniners

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A lot of variations up in play like the type of coil but in general a 0.5 ohm single coil will last you on average 4 hours on one 2000 mah 18650 battery at 50 watts
Thanks man... that helps... been on the Kanthal A1.. 1.2 ohms with my IPV D2... currently doing 30-40w on my TopTank....

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man... that helps... been on the Kanthal A1.. 1.2 ohms with my IPV D2... currently doing 30-40w on my TopTank....
Sure at 1.2 ohms at 30 watts that is fine, but if you go lower on the coil ohms you need more wattage. At 0.5 ohms 50 watts is the norm.

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I think the v2 has faster charging times. The battery is internal and is not accesable.

cloudniners

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think the v2 has faster charging times. The battery is internal and is not accesable.

Thanks mate... is the Nugget 49'er a better mod???

I heard it's a single 18350 inside.. and i think you can replace in case it goes weak...
The Minivolt... however.. can't have any replacements by the users.. might be a huge turn off for me....

Other than that...do i really need TCR?? (The nugget has TCR i believe)

And i heard people have been getting problems with the V1... which i'm worried about

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
A friend has had the v1 since it came out she has had zero issues with the mod, I do understand there has been some problems with the v2. If you are looking for a small mod check out the snow wolf mini bigger battery fast charging. I only use tc with the Hohm tech g2 or slice.

cloudniners

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A friend has had the v1 since it came out she has had zero issues with the mod, I do understand there has been some problems with the v2. If you are looking for a small mod check out the snow wolf mini bigger battery fast charging. I only use tc with the Hohm tech g2 or slice.

Does the Tarot Nano dwarf the Nugget and Minivolt?

Tarot Nano seems good..

Still worried about having a weak battery after just months and not being able to replace it though..

Can the inbuilt work fine for years? (any Tarot Nano users here that are willing to comment?)

cloudniners

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seems of a good stealthy size..

BTW.. I've done some research and now i have bought myself the VTC Dual (mini but with a door for 2 x 18650's.. remove the 2 battery door and you've got a stealthy vape.. and you have an almost all day vape when you're not stealthing..

Aesthetics seems great to me.. it's really attractive to me.. especially in Cyan.

Size is absolutely great and i love the TCR.. it really opens up temp control possibilities for future builds with different coils..

The bypass mode is certainly one of the more interesting and harder to find functions (even my old D2 that i sold doesn't have the TCR and Bypass...)

I'm stoked.. can't wait to get my hands on it..

Thanks guys.. for helping me out on my decision.. finally found a great mod!

VU Sponsors