Become a Patron!

Couple of questions...HELP PLZ!

I've recently started DIY.
I have about 25 flavors and I have been trying out some recipes.

I noticed in a lot of recipes out there, people are using under 5% for all flavors...
So i was wondering, why so little (as i have something with 15% chocolate and almost no flavor)
Is it that im using too much?
As well, what are the bottle sizes to flavor ratios? 10ml 15ml 50ml?
I'm at a loss, I want to really make these right but just dont know what to do at this point.
Most of my 10ml samples are 20-25% flavor and seem weak...

Here is what i have:

DSV - Sweetener
TPA Maple Syrup
TPA Sweet Cream
TPA Ripe Banana
TPA Absinthe
TPA Milk Chocolate
TPA Menthol Liquid
TPA Cantaloupe
TPA Kiwi

Capella Sweet Strawberry
Capella Vanilla Custard
Capella Peaches and Cream

LorAnn - Pear
LorAnn - Caramel
LorAnn - Bavarian Cream
LorAnn - Cheesecake
LorAnn - Coconut

Flavor West Ginger
Flavor West Double Apple
Flavor West French Vanilla

Flavour Art - Fresh Cream
Flavour Art - Vanilla Bourbon
Flavour Art - Hazlenut
Flavour Art - Peach
Flavour Art - Watermelon

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The flavour art flavours are generally more concentrated and used at low percentages. The other companies mentioned can be used at higher percentages. Do you have an example of a recipe that you have. Do you measure with drops/mls/weight? It looks like you have some good flavours. For chocolate flavours I like flavourarts. @HeadInClouds will be able to give some great advice.

Sure, one I would really like to perfect:

Absinth 3%
Chocolate 15%
Hazel 8%
Menthol 1%
French Vanilla 3%
Sweetner 1 drop per 1ml

I get what i want form the menthol and absinth, but the chocolate and hazelnut are a bit lost.
I could drop the absinth down more, but with the % of choco and Hazel those should jump out more...

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There are folks here who are far better at mixing than I however FWIW, I've found that less is often best when mixing flavors. What I mean by that is to start out on the low side percentage wise and work your way up if that's even necessary.

Chocolates can be very tricky to work with and it's not a flavor I vape much so I can't offer any real suggestions there however, you might try looking at some of the posted recipes in here that have TPA Chocolate in them to see how they are using it. :)

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sure, one I would really like to perfect:

Absinth 3%
Chocolate 15%
Hazel 8%
Menthol 1%
French Vanilla 3%
Sweetner 1 drop per 1ml

I get what i want form the menthol and absinth, but the chocolate and hazelnut are a bit lost.
I could drop the absinth down more, but with the % of choco and Hazel those should jump out more...
Without a doubt, at least on hazelnut, you're going way too high. 2% hazelnut is more than enough standalone.
Here's a spreadsheet of starting percentage for single flavors.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr..._hQ6Fu8HdEwwR2dLRUJlVjlabEN1NG1ucktuUVE&gid=7
Meant to give you an idea not strict guidelines.

VU Sponsors