CountryPami's Place

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
We celebrated 6 yrs of home ownership today, our very first home of our own. Ever heard of a VA loan closing in 26 days? :p It happened to us 6 yrs ago. :D Perfect time to buy, too, in 2011... what was $60k in 2011, is now assessed at $127.7k. :D

Andria

Wow! With all of the short sales and foreclosures at that time, it really is amazing. Especially for a VA loan!!!
Yes, it was the perfect time to purchase a home. Excellent price and congrats on the equity!
:bingo:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow! With all of the short sales and foreclosures at that time, it really is amazing. Especially for a VA loan!!!
Yes, it was the perfect time to purchase a home. Excellent price and congrats on the equity!
:bingo:

Yes, we had a hard time finding a house the VA would approve, so many of them were foreclosed and just trashed. Ours had been bought at auction by a "neighborhood-preservation" group, fixed and cleaned up very nicely, and we got preference since we were planning to live in it, rather than rent it out. :)

The asshats across the street from us, we have been wishing gone for quite a while now, due to their sons' habit of getting drunk and breaking bottles out in the street for the pure hell of it... well, they recently got a "seized for taxes" notice in their yard, so hopefully when they're gone and the house is auctioned, that same group will buy it and fix it up, because it's currently a fucking eyesore and has been for several years now.

Andria

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not waiting any more.:gaah: OMW out for a mani-pedi...

1260795401_pig-rider.gif

Oh, PS... And I won a prize on VU Live! :bliss:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I got a call from my father at 8am. Mom is in the hospital. Dad has been by her side. They thought she had a blood clot in her lung. Now they think it's in her leg. They're still doing ultra sound and other tests. My immediate instinct was to rush up there. I threw my back out jumping out of bed to answer the phone and bending to grab my luggage. Our family is on standby. The clot may be treatable (assuming that's what's wrong) with blood thinners. Dad is finally home to get some rest. Chuck said I'm in no condition to drive. He just game me a Percocet. :sad:

I need to relax, so I'm here at your place Pami <3. I feel comforted. Please don't reply. It will just clutter up the thread. Think I'll lurk a bit.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I cannot believe it is freaking OCTOBER already!! :eek: Where the heck did summer go? It was June... I blinked... now it's October. Granted fall is my favorite season... but dang!

what-do-you-mean-its-october-i-havent-finished-complaining-yet-that-its-already-labor-day-609f0.png

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I cannot believe it is freaking OCTOBER already!! :eek: Where the heck did summer go? It was June... I blinked... now it's October. Granted fall is my favorite season... but dang!

what-do-you-mean-its-october-i-havent-finished-complaining-yet-that-its-already-labor-day-609f0.png

Here, it's really just "indian summer" till approx Thanksgiving. yeah some of the leaves have fallen and will keep falling for a while, but that process won't be finished till maybe about xmas. But it got up to a gorgeous 72 degrees today, will probably get down to about 60 degrees tonight; just flat out perfect weather. My favorite season by far, since there is no "yellow-green snow" in the "fall" as there is in the spring.

But October this year is very sad for me; I lost my mother last year on Oct 14. It was gorgeous weather then too, even if the Chattahoochee Nat'l Forest was on fire and Atlanta got quite a few smoke-scented days; I kept thinking then, every day we went to the hospital, that it should really be raining and storming. :( We got no rain till about a week after her funeral, after that 80+ day drought.

Andria

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Good morning... so the hubby comes home on Friday with some sort of crud... does this tell you how my day is going?

20171002_110035.jpg

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I got a call from my father at 8am. Mom is in the hospital. Dad has been by her side. They thought she had a blood clot in her lung. Now they think it's in her leg. They're still doing ultra sound and other tests. My immediate instinct was to rush up there. I threw my back out jumping out of bed to answer the phone and bending to grab my luggage. Our family is on standby. The clot may be treatable (assuming that's what's wrong) with blood thinners. Dad is finally home to get some rest. Chuck said I'm in no condition to drive. He just game me a Percocet. :sad:

I need to relax, so I'm here at your place Pami <3. I feel comforted. Please don't reply. It will just clutter up the thread. Think I'll lurk a bit.
--------------------------
Mom will be residing in a rehab facility for a few months. She's still in the hospital and in a lot of pain in her hip. I'm glad she'll be somewhere that will watch her and help her lose the weight before her hip replacement and help her with exercises to strengthen her good leg and upper body. I hope she stays in the hospital so they can monitor her blood clot to insure the blood thinners are working. I'm SO grateful they found it early.
"Pulmonary embolism is the sudden blockage of a major blood vessel (artery) in the lung, usually by a blood clot . In most cases, the clots are small and are not deadly, but they can damage the lung. But if the clot is large and stops blood flow to the lung, it can be deadly."

Thanks for letting me share, Pami. :hug:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Best wishes to your Mom, Trixy. <3

I'm off work today, wanted to say hello to Pami's Place. Got my one good foot and the booted one propped up, chilling with you guys, trying to stay caught up withe the terrible news in Vegas. Just so sad.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Best wishes to your Mom, Trixy. <3

I'm off work today, wanted to say hello to Pami's Place. Got my one good foot and the booted one propped up, chilling with you guys, trying to stay caught up withe the terrible news in Vegas. Just so sad.
Yeah, just chilling myself... watching some X-Files. Had to miss my baby time today :(
This shit is in my chest... I haven't had bronchitis for over 5 years :(

I watched the coverage on youtube live for several hours this morning. I can see our future now.. all hotels/motels will have metal detectors.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yeah, just chilling myself... watching some X-Files. Had to miss my baby time today :(
This shit is in my chest... I haven't had bronchitis for over 5 years :(

Awwww Crap. Since it's in your chest and gets worse, and a fever, although you think it's bronchitis, Get to the doctor. Get your flu shot yet?
I thought the same thing when I had the flue plus what thought was bronchitis. Viral Pneumonia for 8 weeks and 2 broken ribs from coughing. I get very high fevers...sometimes hallucinate. I was on Albuterol and a nebulizer machine for weeks! I hope this is short live for you.
It's times like this when you wish there was a Vick's or Robotussin ejuice!
(This is when I started vaping.)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vaping has improved my life so greatly. Actually helps me breathe. No ill effects at all. FDA is full of shit.

Right there with ya. There has been a little exacerbation of my asthma symptoms since i started vaping, but I think it's really more because of the huge change entailed in the whole quitting smoking thing -- homeostasis was altered, and it takes a little time to re-establish such a delicate balance, if you have asthma. But after a bit more than 3 yrs smoke-free, I *am* seeing improvement, it's just taken some time -- 39 yrs of damage, after all. And the lack of all that shit in my lungs is very pleasant, even if sometimes I might be a bit wheezy. It seems that the longer I go without smoking, the better off I'll be, and vaping is the only thing that can make that deprivation possible, so it's a good thing.

Andria

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right there with ya. There has been a little exacerbation of my asthma symptoms since i started vaping, but I think it's really more because of the huge change entailed in the whole quitting smoking thing -- homeostasis was altered, and it takes a little time to re-establish such a delicate balance, if you have asthma. But after a bit more than 3 yrs smoke-free, I *am* seeing improvement, it's just taken some time -- 39 yrs of damage, after all. And the lack of all that shit in my lungs is very pleasant, even if sometimes I might be a bit wheezy. It seems that the longer I go without smoking, the better off I'll be, and vaping is the only thing that can make that deprivation possible, so it's a good thing.

Andria
Im often reprimanded for the utilization of large words. Altho I feel if you can't understand what im saying get an interpreter. I do my best to quell that desire and justulate in a more common language more familiar with the masses.

VU Sponsors