COTTON

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hey guys having problems with my cotton wicking every time I build no matter how much I use and jam it in it always shrinks and I end up with a bit bunched up under my coils do you all replace it regular or is it bad cotton??

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure about the cotton. Where did you get it ? I don't think the cotton should shrink as cotton expands when wet, but I change mine almost everyday so idk what would happen if I left it in there also a picture could help if possible

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok I got it from my local vape shop :/ an do you? I leave it for a week so this could be the problem but this is after 3 days :)

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it wont let me upload a file :/ the cotton all shrinks up and sits tightly around the coils and looses its color :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There is a max filesize on an uploaded pic, but ya can upload to image hosts like Imgur, Imageshack or what have you. Then just copy/paste the tagged stuff into your post. :)

https://imgur.com/

Imgur is free, ya don't even have to join if you don't wanna.

Also, what are you building in/on and what specs? Might help to know your setup.

RichS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
cotton compacts when wet, I'm curious, do you have the cotton under the coil, or is the cotton threaded through the coil?

RichS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
it should look like this
7keEkyN.jpg

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok ill sort it soon an I got innokin VF 24g dual coil 5 wraps .28 ohm threaded through coils and mine is more fluffy than That but no strands :/

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeman what is That wicking? :)

MasterofNone

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd say braided silica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Was thinking the same..

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Cotton matting is a sign that the juice is breaking down the fibres. I have noticed on some brands of Japanese cotton this happening, where it seems to not so much with Koga. When this happens there is a greatly diminished capacity for juice, and you will find yourself dripping more often and changing your wicking accordingly.

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yes this sounds about right it does go clear and obv shrinks I will have to buy elsewhere anybody know any good retailers in the UK?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Only use enough cotton so that its only touching the Atty floor. A wick is used to direct the juice to the coil not to hold it. That's what the well is for.
a19aa89cac98785657dee4e94985d14f.jpg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OP's cotton looks like cellucotton rayon. Hard to say for sure with the blurry pic.
That will after a while start to sag away from the coil even if it's done right from the start, I don't get much past a few days though... I'm changing a flavor or just rewicking just because.

I've heard of people in the UK finding that stuff on ebay uk. You can always find regular Japanese cotton anywhere too.

VU Sponsors