Become a Patron!

Cost of Smoking Can Exceed $2 Million Over Lifetime - "Fresh with skewed results!"

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
“For our calculations, we assumed an adult who smokes one pack of cigarettes per day beginning at age 18,” according to WalletHub, and “a lifespan thereafter of 51 years, taking into account that 69 is the average age at which a smoker dies.”

In addition to the costs of the actual cigarettes, researchers also examined the total health care costs, income losses and other expenses including additional premiums on homeowners insurance as “nonsmokers are generally entitled to a homeowner’s insurance credit of between 5 and 15 percent,” according to the report."

http://www.physiciansnews.com/2015/01/20/cost-of-smoking-can-exceed-2-million-over-lifetime/

Just for shits and giggles they should have calculated the health care costs of all non smokers from age 70 (after the smokers die) and up.
I have a feeling the results would have been shocking - 5150

Interesting note from the comment section:

Question from smart reader:
Let me see if I understand this. A person smokes a pack of cigarettes a day for 51 years. That’s 51 X 365 = 18,615 packs.

That means that in Alaska, a pack of cigarettes costs $83.44??

$1,553,228 / 18,615 = $83.44

Reply from Editor:
The calculation also includes “the amount of return a person would have earned by instead investing that money in the stock market over the same period,” according to WalletHub.

So what would happen if you were to invest in bad stocks or take up gambling instead?

That is proof that the results are skewed - 5150

VU Sponsors