Become a Patron!

Confusing as hell

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Morning everyone.
I'm seriously thinking about going into making my own juices, & I was looking at buying this setup from Mt. Baker....

Unflavored E-juice-50/50 PG/VG-12mg nic. 30ml x 2
Blueberry Flavoring 15ml x3
The total cost is gonna be about $24.20 with shipping & coupon applied.

Right now Blueberry is my main flavor, & the only one I want to try first. If I buy the above setup, what can I expect to make, juice wise, out of it? I have an app called Juice Me Up, & I think I understand it reasonably well. Yeah, I'm a noob, but no one can give me the taste I want from my beloved Blueberry but me. Should I find extra accessories, like eye droppers and bottles & such? Soory for the dumb questions, but I don't know things until I ask....I'm grateful for any advice you feel I need.

vapire

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd buy a pipette 1 ml and 5 ml so you can measure your recipes and take notes.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I started with a kit. Much easier as you get all of the gear you need. An amount of nic and some flavors are included. You get to pick which flavors you want.

Here is the one I started with, they are great people over there too. Very helpful folks.
http://www.onestopdiyshop.com/products/The-DIY-Flavor-Artisans-Master-Kit.html

If you are new to making your own E-Liquid you will also have access to our Master Mixer Shane for questions or assistance by emailing [email protected]

Shane is awesome....I asked him a LOT of questions at first. :D

I haven't tried this one, but I hear it is also good. Not as complete as the ones at OSDYIS though.

http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-starter-kits.html

FWIW, I'd stay away from LorAnnes flavorings at first...

Last edited:

Freeloader

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For starters ...

To know how many ml of juice you can make we need to know the nic level that you want the juice to be that you make.

You will want measuring devices such as syringes and/or graduated cylinders. You will want bottles ... 5/10/15 ml plastic to hold juice you use daily and, if you plan on making larger batches, 30/60/120 ml amber/blue cobalt glass to hold what you will refill your daily use bottles from. Maybe a small funnel to refill your small plastic bottle from your larger glass bottle.

... for starters

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning everyone.
I'm seriously thinking about going into making my own juices, & I was looking at buying this setup from Mt. Baker....

Right now Blueberry is my main flavor, & the only one I want to try first. If I buy the above setup, what can I expect to make, juice wise, out of it? I have an app called Juice Me Up, & I think I understand it reasonably well. Yeah, I'm a noob, but no one can give me the taste I want from my beloved Blueberry but me. Should I find extra accessories, like eye droppers and bottles & such? Soory for the dumb questions, but I don't know things until I ask....I'm grateful for any advice you feel I need.
I'm not a maker (yet), but you've just described 60ml of 12mg base and 45ml of flavoring - which if completely used is ultimately going to give you 105ml of just a hair under 7mg ejuice, on average. However, my math could be awful here.

Freeloader

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your math is spot on ...
60 ml of 12 mg nic will make 90 ml of 8 mg ... 120 ml of 6 mg.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning everyone.

Yes get a 10ml flask preferably lab grade glass it is much better to measure by percentage you can do it with the app you mentioned but drops kinda work but its off sometimes by as much as 2ml depends drops are not just drops depens on if you use a pipette or dropper etc. On this blueberry issue the TFA blueberry is fair at best IMHO I have not tried them all as I am not much of a blueberry guy.. Next time I order flavors I will get all of them from everyone and see what appears to best or in combo

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, I have also been looking at buying a whole kit, but to be truthful, I'm only interested in making maybe 2-3 flavors tops, but it is kinda really intimidating too...lol I had thought that 1 option would be to just buy a nice size bottle or bottleS of flavoring and just add them to what I already have. Haven't ruled anything out totally yet, but I've been talking to Mrscaryz about the folks at OSDIY, and getting som e really good info . I think it would be more cost effective to get a kit, it has everything in it mostly, but still thinking nonetheless....

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
grab you a sample of flavor art bilberry . that stuff is so good . Im actually vaping it now. perfect blueberry flavor

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
grab you a sample of flavor art bilberry . that stuff is so good . Im actually vaping it now. perfect blueberry flavor
Ok, I will do just that. Thank you for the tip...

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok, got it ordered. And looking around, I saw that they are VERY reasonable on everything. I bookmarked the page, so I can go back to it. I especially like the Cookbook page, there are some really sweet recipes in there with blueberry I will be tring out....Thank you for the link...:)

SeaVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No problem Mate that's what we are here for to help out our fellow vapors. Ecig is my go to site for flavors. It's almost a one stop shop.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No problem Mate that's what we are here for to help out our fellow vapors. Ecig is my go to site for flavors. It's almost a one stop shop.

Yeah , it's the ONLY place i order from as well , no need to go elsewhere.

Vapor Beast

Member For 4 Years
I've been mixing for a few years now, God I remember starting out and no one had kits yet. If there is one piece of advice to offer it would be to take notes of everything you mix and label your bottles. I have had countless small bottles of flavors that I've mixed and forgoten what it was.

E-cig express is an excellent place to start, you can get a little product and try a few things to see if you want to continue on your journey.

Heartland Vapes is an outstanding source for flavors and nic juice, My Freedom Smokes has some good deals also ($50 for 100mg nic juice is an awesome price but it's not for a beginner)
The Flavor Apprentice is also a great source for small quantity flavors.

As you build your lab don't forget ebay for lab glass, there are lots of folks selling graduated cylinders and flasks at reasonable prices, you just have to shop it.

I see allot of great recipes right here in the V/U to try out. This forum is just awesome, lots of great info and no censoring.

VU Sponsors