ConcreteBob is twisting wire...

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
(EDIT: LOVE THE RESPONSE GUYS. UNFORTUNATELY, THE WINDOW HAS CLOSED ON THIS ROUND OF REQUESTS. STAY TUNED, YA NEVER KNOW WHAT I'LL BE GIVING AWAY NEXT...) Yes indeed, folks. I am loaded the hell up with wire of all sizes, and I'm bored. I just made 10' of 24ga kanthal twisted with 2 strands of .8 flat. But I'm taking requests. I'll even wrap it into coils for ya! 3mm mandrel, and tight wraps. Just PM me.I'm only twisting Kanthal. Gplat is a ripoff. Trust me. I can buy 100 lbs of it for 250. It's welding wire.
That being said, I'm back, and I'm twisting, just for you. Let me know what you want.
(No, I don't make Clapton wire. Sorry)

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Well, do you want something?

not sure what I want..
but yes, i'd love to see what you can make for me, since i only do 26g dual coils..
around 7-8 wraps on 2.5 coil thing.. :p

I sent you a conversation :)

Seven1SixJC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know if you can take requests for ohms, but I have an MVP 20 Watt so it will only fire down to 1.2, if you could possibly do a couple single coils for me, between 1.4 and 1.7-8ish ohms, it would be EXTREMELY appreciated, I JUST got an Igo W and a Quasar clone in yesterday and would LOVE to try some twisted, any actually as I'm having some issues building one that works correctly and doesn't burn or give me dry hits (I keep trying, I must be doing something wrong) it would be amazing. Thank you so much, please PM me and let me know, thank you!

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Done deal, my friend. Some 26 gauge coils, duals, 8 to 10 wraps a piece sound about right?

Seven1SixJC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly, I'm sorry, I truthfully have no idea, hopefully someone else happens in this thread and sees this and can say for sure. But that sounds right I think, thank you again so much, PM me for my address or anything else needed!

darkox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think with the mvp20 it might be better to stick with single coils instead of dual coils.

I'll also take some of the kanthal twisted with flat wire. if you can wrap them that would be great. I usually like to run dual coils at .3

Let me know if you want another tank I don't have a aero but I have a protank and a couple aspire bdc's I think.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty sure I can make that happen for you darkox. But I have a very busy week ahead of me, so it will be this weekend before I can get them made and sent off.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to note here Bob, that if you are charging for these builds I may have to move this thread out of this area. Keep me posted on that:)

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
  • Ill take whatever you want to make in 24 gauge. I generally make 6 wrap dual coils in my Tobh, but feel free to do what you want.

Is this free, lol??

2 of the twisted ones would be cool....

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep I believe you, we just have to establish if he is doing these builds free or if he is going to be charging folks for them.:)

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd be interested to try some twisted wire, never messed with it before, I usually do 24 or 22 g kanthal coils, never really used anything different!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VapeAddict

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vapers Toolbox, an android app will enable you to figure out your ohms based on the guage of wire. You can google coil builder as well for an easy online app.

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vapers Toolbox, an android app will enable you to figure out your ohms based on the guage of wire. You can google coil builder as well for an easy online app.

I just downloaded this. Thanks, its great...

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
  • Ill take whatever you want to make in 24 gauge. I generally make 6 wrap dual coils in my Tobh, but feel free to do what you want.
Is this free, lol??

2 of the twisted ones would be cool....
Absolutely free.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I'm glad to see the number of enthusiastic responses I've gotten. To make this easier for me to keep straight, please PM me with your wish lists, and I'll get back with you.
Also, I'm pretty busy with work right now, so don't go checking your mailbox tomorrow or anything. I'll get everything made and sent out as quickly as I can, but it will still take a little time.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd be interested to try some twisted wire, never messed with it before, I usually do 24 or 22 g kanthal coils, never really used anything different!

What RDA are you using?

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep I believe you, we just have to establish if he is doing these builds free or if he is going to be charging folks for them.:)
Whiskey, absolutely free. I'm even paying for the postage. I'm not looking to make a penny off this. I just like the members of this forum, and want to do something nice for everyone.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to note here Bob, that if you are charging for these builds I may have to move this thread out of this area. Keep me posted on that:)
Not charging, Dear Whiskey. I wouldn't have put this thread here in the first place if I were.

remark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You are awesome Bob!

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You are awesome Bob!
Thanks, remark, but I'm just me. Not quite sure I fit the bill for 'awesome'. Generosity is just something that I believe this world needs more of. That's all.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, and since this thread is about twisted wire, I did a build last night with dual 2 strand 20 gauge twisted Kanthal coils. .05 ohm. Just because...
Useless for flavor, but if you need to lay down a 'Spy Hunter' style smokescreen real quick, it's the only way to go.

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What RDA are you using?
I have a praxxis derringer and also a tobh clone I use pretty regularly, they're both 3 post build decks.

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Absolutely free.

Wow thats great!! If you could do a set of 24g, twisted, I'd be happier than a pig in shite...
Should I pm you my address??

And Thanks again!!

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone want a pair of 2 strand 24 gauge twisted 8 wrap coils?

Della

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bob- Thats amazing of you, some of us are still learning to build (6months later LOL) . I have a crap ton of screwed up attempts in a drawer- maybe would saved me a bunch of time and sore fingers if id have invested in one of those coil makers. Im going to PM you.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Coil Master is a fantastic little tool. I don't have one personally, but a friend of mine at Diamond Vapor does, and it's great. Especially if you don't like sore fingertips.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay, the first batch is twisted up and ready to ship. I should be getting them out Saturday. I'm going to start working on the next few requests tonight.

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay, the first batch is twisted up and ready to ship. I should be getting them out Saturday. I'm going to start working on the next few requests tonight.
You can send me the 24 g 8 wraps if you want also! Lol, I ordered a doge v2 so I can fit practically anything in the post holes!!

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. It's purely a suicidal cloud build, and I'm certainly not going to make those for anyone.

Last edited:

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats badass...
Thanks. Absolutely terrible for flavor, though. And firing it with anything less than 2 26650 batteries is risky because of the amperage it pulls. On a series build, it could theoretically pull over 200 amps. On an unregulated parallel box mod with fully charged batteries, it's about a 140 amp/588 watt build. In theory.
Point being, don't try this at home kids. There really aren't any safe ways to be an idiot.

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. Absolutely terrible for flavor, though. And firing it with anything less than 2 26650 batteries is risky because of the amperage it pulls. On a series build, it could theoretically pull over 200 amps. On an unregulated parallel box mod with fully charged batteries, it's about a 140 amp/588 watt build. In theory.
Point being, don't try this at home kids. There really aren't any safe ways to be an idiot.

Yeah, thats some serious business there. Is that like a 20 or 22 guage?

Hey, do you know what heat flux is and can you explain it in a simplistic way, if possible? Thank you.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's a dangerous build. And yes, you're within the range of the gauge used.

Heat flux is the measure of the rate of heating of a given material divided by the surface area of the material. It is measured in watts. Basically, it's a calculation of how fast the material will heat to a given range throughout its surface. Like when you fire a bare coil, and it heats from the center out. The rate is how fast any given part of the coil goes from temperature X to temperature Y. Honestly, I'm not sure how to give a simple explanation of the flux, other than to say it is a measurement of the energy expended to heat the entire thing evenly, versus time.
Heavier wire has a longer heating time, and requires more energy to do so. The smaller the area the greater the heat flux.The coils in that pick barely even start to glow at 2 seconds.

Last edited:

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And I do believe I saw a thread in the cloud builders corner that explains it much better. I will look for it again and post the title

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your a good man bob :) always cool to see people helping out the community. Once your caught up a bit I might see bout getting a little twisted

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your a good man bob :) always cool to see people helping out the community. Once your caught up a bit I might see bout getting a little twisted
Sure thing. Just let me know.

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a dangerous build. And yes, you're within the range of the gauge used.

Heat flux is the measure of the rate of heating of a given material divided by the surface area of the material. It is measured in watts. Basically, it's a calculation of how fast the material will heat to a given range throughout its surface. Like when you fire a bare coil, and it heats from the center out. The rate is how fast any given part of the coil goes from temperature X to temperature Y. Honestly, I'm not sure how to give a simple explanation of the flux, other than to say it is a measurement of the energy expended to heat the entire thing evenly, versus time.
Heavier wire has a longer heating time, and requires more energy to do so. The smaller the area the greater the heat flux.The coils in that pick barely even start to glow at 2 seconds.

Your explanation was perfect. Thanks for taking the time. Now that I have a good basic understanding Ill go and read a bit more on it.

mike.dunning.370

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im using a VTR and am open to any suggestions you might have.
Mike Dunning

Last edited:

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sweet. I just got my first rba so I can use these to learn from too.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im using a VTR and am open to any suggestions you might have.
Mike Dunning
7005 Woodmore Oaks Drive
Orangevale, Ca.95662
The ITazte VTR? My only real suggestion would be replacing it. I've never met anyone who was happy with it for too long. Also, if you need to give someone your address, might I recommend sending it to them via private message? Seems safer that way...

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
f5aad52a2745f2fd688f163aa8580394.jpg
got this in today, thanks so much bob! Kinda scared lol oh well here goes nothing!!

Edit: messed one up so ended up single coiling it in my doge v2 at .26ohms, flavor is awesome, clouds for days
6598a5f95a435dbbc79b2cef4ea834bf.jpg
7a6921de32507111929413eb995ef418.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors