Become a Patron!

Complaints against users should be moderated first

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
But do that really need to be ? If it is a real user they will respond to defend them self's . bot that can notify you when your nick is mentioned in a post would be nice . Option on/off would be cool as well .

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't make me request zero moderation… I'll do it!!! I will!!!

LOL!!!

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Is there a IRC server and channel that we can all use to sling shot ideas around ?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
But do that really need to be ? If it is a real user they will respond to defend them self's . bot that can notify you when your nick is mentioned in a post would be nice . Option on/off would be cool as well .

Not totally surprising if you know me, but I am somehow missing the point here.

Has someone wronged you on the forum?

IMHO, there are some basic options available before getting a mod involved as they have better stuff to do.

If it is some kind of sour grapes thing or someone that disagrees with your opinion on this, that or the other, just ignore them and don't dignify their actions with an action of your own. If they are out of line, other members just may make it clear as no one likes a jerk.

If they get personal, you have a couple of options.

A: Gather your facts as to how to respond to the individual in question and address the issue. Forget the bringing a knife to a gunfight mentality, bring a freaking mini-gun.

B: Ask a moderator to moderate.

C: My personal favorite, like I said earlier just ignore them and most likely they will go away.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
There is no problem . It just was a question I had in general about censorship . I really appreciate your input and thanks .

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
There is no problem . It just was a question I had in general about censorship . I really appreciate your input and thanks .

Sorry for being dense.

A perpetual problem of mine:(

One of the things I like a about this place is that it is not over moderated and anyone and everyone is entitled to state their opinion.

And to date, I have never seen any really negative activity where someone started a flame war with another member.

Except for BrianJ a verified Asshat from another forum who thought it was a really great idea to join up just to blast our host Vapor Joe.

Since as near as I can tell, VJ owns this place and he could have easily booted the dude out, banned the ISP and deleted all the nasty (but really unimaginative) things that the Dorfus in question was saying about him.

But he took the high road anyway.

Which kind of sets the tone for this place.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It would be discussed by the mods first I would think....
C.B.
I agree every situation is different and many times what appears to be a problem could have arisen from something 60 posts back its not easy being a Moderator and this is VU "We are all adults" is something starts the blame game put them in their place but do it with tact. ôô

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

@James you can always tag someone in a post

VU Sponsors