Become a Patron!

comparison between innokin isub G 0.2ohm vs 0.5ohm?

I'm currently using the isub G tank, with the mvp 3 pro mod. I love the tank, and I'm currently using the 0.2ohm coils. I'm finding with 70% vg I'm burning out the coils pretty quick (3 days on average). if I stick to 21W things seem ok, if I push it to 25W it doesn't take much for a dry burnt hit. a few of those and the coil is toast.

wondering if there's any difference in build with the 0.2ohm? I can't find much discussion on the 0.2 vs 0.5ohm coils.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The coil is toast or the wicking is toast? They are pretty easy to rewick. AFAIK the construction is the same on both. The only real difference is the resistance.

oh likely just the wicking. the first coil I popped the screen off and the cotton was a garbled mess. 2nd one I didn't bother checking.

I have heard about the rewicking, since the coil is horizontal. maybe when the current one goes i'll pull the cotton out, give it a dry burn and thread some new cotton in there.

I've also heard pressing a pin or needle through the wicking holes helps the wicking a bit with the thicker juice.

thanks for all the info guys, very informative.

the pin trick, how far in are you pressing in? is the idea to get all the way through the coil?

well that's as detailed as you can get, thanks my friend :) I'm lucky enough to have some push pins in my cubicle so on the next coil (or when I rewick mine) i'll give that a shot.

;):)

I rewicked the 0.5ohm last night. super super easy. it works better now I think probably because the cotton isn't packed as tightly now.

for those that rewick these things, how many times can you re-use before the coil itself is ready for replacement? at least I saved myself $2 :)

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They are fairly heavy gauge wire so as long as you don't put excessive stress on it getting the old wick out (pluck both ends and twist - not just pull) you should be able to reuse it until the coil won't clean up to your satisfaction or burns out. I have one that's somewhere around 3 months at this point. They aren't too hard to recoil either for that matter. I have several recoiled with titanium for temp control.

Last edited:

Towelman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not a huge fan of the .2 coils, I vape max VG juice and even using the pen trick I get dry hits. I switched to the uwell crown and I'm vaping 100 watts without dry hits. However, the .5 coils are pretty nice on the ISUB G, I dislike the .2 coils though.

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thx. I think I'm picking up the Apex this weekend to check out. I imagine they are near the same just with top fill.

VU Sponsors