I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Taken from another Forum.

Cold Weather Battery Tips
renderTimingPixel.png

MOOCH
It’s getting chilly here in New York City so I thought I’d post a few tips for the coming Winter...

- Never leave your batteries, or a device with batteries in them, outside overnight. The batteries are typically rated down to -20°C/-4°F but they can damaged if they are suddenly used hard.

- If you need to use batteries that have dropped below 0°C/32°F then run at low power levels for a few draws. This will help to warm them up without stressing them too much.

- If you are coming indoors with a cold mod or batteries then put the mod/batteries in a zip lock bag while still outside and press out all the air before coming indoors. This will help prevent condensation on the mod and batteries until they can warm up to room temperature.

- If your mod or batteries do get covered with condensation then I recommend not using them until the condensation evaporates.

- Never charge a battery that is at 0°C/32°F or colder. This can damage the battery and lead to thermal runaway which can cause it to catch fire and burst. Let the battery site for an hour to warm up.

- Batteries perform much worse when cold. This can lead to early low/weak battery alerts with a regulated mod and weak hits with a mech. Keep an extra set of batteries in your pocket (in a battery case) to swap into your mod if you find that your batteries are getting cold in between uses.

- Vaping in very cold weather is okay as long as you keep your mod somewhere that doesn’t allow it to cool to the outside temperature in between uses....an inside pocket, insulated container in your vehicle, etc.

Use your best judgement though. Batteries hate heat and cold. They’re really just happiest when at room temperature

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Mooch appreciate this, Cromwell. I didn’t know he was in NYC. Cool.

VU Sponsors