Become a Patron!

Coil problem brand specific

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a kangertech topbox mini kit and I also got a 5 pack of kangertech OCC coils. There square and I think for the old subtank. Anyways stuck one in the tank that came with my kit and the coild would not work well, I would get hot juice on my tongue and splatter in mouth, bad bad bad. So switched back to one of the 3 coils that came with the kit.

Is there a place to buy just the top tank round type coils just like the ones that came with the kit ? Prefer Clapton best taste and vape. Also want to stay with sub ohm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sure, just google "Kanger SSOCC Clapton".

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is there a reason why the coil I had tried to use just gurgle and caused juice to come through the chimney? I always pre juice the coil (drip inside coil center) then screw it in and close her up then fill the tank. Start at low wattage to get the coil stress test then work my way up to my normal wattage of about 34watts using 0.55ohm coil.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Is there a reason why the coil I had tried to use just gurgle and caused juice to come through the chimney? I always pre juice the coil (drip inside coil center) then screw it in and close her up then fill the tank. Start at low wattage to get the coil stress test then work my way up to my normal wattage of about 34watts using 0.55ohm coil.

What's the VG ratio of the eliquid you were vaping with that coil? Anything less than 60VG is gonna be too thin and cause popping.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe it was the juice then as it was NOT one of my house made 90/10 I normally use.

The coil didn't screw in as nice as the ssocc coil so I have a subtank coming in the mail anyways that uses these occ coils so I'll just order the

point 15ohm ni200 ssocc

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Maybe it was the juice then as it was NOT one of my house made 90/10 I normally use.

The coil didn't screw in as nice as the ssocc coil so I have a subtank coming in the mail anyways that uses these occ coils so I'll just order the

point 15ohm ni200 ssocc

I use both versions in my Toptank with no issues.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use both versions in my Toptank with no issues.
Hmm I'll just do what I said above and use the coiks for what there made for. Don't want issues and haven't had one issue until I tried an off coil that really is not built for this tank. I know there supposed to be interchangeable.
Maybe I'll try it again another day.

VU Sponsors