Become a Patron!

Coil Ohms? Help

Austins36

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been having issues on understanding the Ohms law and the Coil wrapping calculators?? Anyway i built this coil for my Maraxus Telescopic mod, and it includes 28 guage kanthal micro coil twisted with 4 wires and 9 wraps it is heating up nice makes huge vape but not much taste?? And is this bad for my battery? i am using the sony 18650 battery and the efest 18650 battery. Anyways what could i do to this build to get long lasting taste? it seems to have a metallic taste to it.
Also what is the normal resistance on a 18650 battery?

Attachments

• IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 23

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been having issues on understanding the Ohms law and the Coil wrapping calculators?? Anyway i built this coil for my Maraxus Telescopic mod, and it includes 28 guage kanthal micro coil twisted with 4 wires and 9 wraps it is heating up nice makes huge vape but not much taste?? And is this bad for my battery? i am using the sony 18650 battery and the efest 18650 battery. Anyways what could i do to this build to get long lasting taste? it seems to have a metallic taste to it.
Also what is the normal resistance on a 18650 battery?

you should probably just stop what you're doing, and figure out ohms law and the coil wrapping calculators then, cuz whether you realize it or not, that mod sitting underneath your atty is a potential pipe bomb.

learn to crawl and walk before you enter a marathon...

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Wise of you to ask! Everyone is going to say this, so i may as well say it nicely: you GOTTA get your hands on an ohm reader. Every shop sells them. They may even be willing to pop your atty on the shop reader for you if they're nice. Regardless though as a rule you should never fire a build without knowing the exact resistance. It's just dangerous. Lucky for you 9 wraps of pretty much anything as a single coil is gonna be safe haha, but you never wanna guess at battery safety. Now that your mandatory warning is outta the way :p i would guess that your problem is not with your coil, your problem is with your mutation x v2. Make sure you have the airflow adjusted to single coil mode, and try closing it off more and more until you get the flavor you're looking for. I love my Mutation X's but the flavor on them, even with the craziest coils, is far less than what i get out of other atomizers. Also, make sure those post screws are snugged down. It looks like the negative post screw is not as screwed in as the others. Poor connections = poor performance. That twisted wire should give you some decent flavor, once you get an ohm reader you may wanna try removing a wrap or three. On a mech at that resistance that coil may not be performing so well. Anyways, the lack of flavor probably has more to do with your atty, or the way you have your airflow set on your atty than the coil :D

Austins36

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wise of you to ask! Everyone is going to say this, so i may as well say it nicely: you GOTTA get your hands on an ohm reader. Every shop sells them. They may even be willing to pop your atty on the shop reader for you if they're nice. Regardless though as a rule you should never fire a build without knowing the exact resistance. It's just dangerous. Lucky for you 9 wraps of pretty much anything as a single coil is gonna be safe haha, but you never wanna guess at battery safety. Now that your mandatory warning is outta the way :p i would guess that your problem is not with your coil, your problem is with your mutation x v2. Make sure you have the airflow adjusted to single coil mode, and try closing it off more and more until you get the flavor you're looking for. I love my Mutation X's but the flavor on them, even with the craziest coils, is far less than what i get out of other atomizers. Also, make sure those post screws are snugged down. It looks like the negative post screw is not as screwed in as the others. Poor connections = poor performance. That twisted wire should give you some decent flavor, once you get an ohm reader you may wanna try removing a wrap or three. On a mech at that resistance that coil may not be performing so well. Anyways, the lack of flavor probably has more to do with your atty, or the way you have your airflow set on your atty than the coil :D
Wow.. Thank you very much im going to do that... I normally use tanks and i just recently went over to RDA's and didnt take it to seriously, i gladly appreciate your reply

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What batteries/device are you using?

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Didnt even realize you had written that in op.
Try building something else or rewicking.

VU Sponsors