Become a Patron!

Coil master jig?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't know I bought a knock off coil master jig, should I buy the real version v4? With mine sometimes the coils turn into stove coils lol lots of wobble in the tool... Hand wrapping using the tool without the other part u spin works but would be easier to just have the real version but will it really help me or is it just me not using it right... Being too rough when turning or something....?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't know I bought a knock off coil master jig, should I buy the real version v4? With mine sometimes the coils turn into stove coils lol lots of wobble in the tool... Hand wrapping using the tool without the other part u spin works but would be easier to just have the real version but will it really help me or is it just me not using it right... Being too rough when turning or something....?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Make sure you don't push inward when coiling, doing so will screw the coil up...just let it wrap easily without using any pressure.

Yip, had the same problem until i realised i was pushing down on the spinning part. Use no pressure and let it do its thing.

Freejep

Member For 4 Years
Yup...seems a lot of us have been there...stove top coils by accident with the coil master...but I still tried them on a bed of cotton....very querky...but just had to try em..

They didn't vape good tho lol
20160221_160024.jpg

Scribb|e

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your Coil Master is very probably OK - it's just a technique that you have to get the hang of to build those picture-perfect coils that you see shown off everywhere.

TBH, I've stopped using mine, and have gone back to using the blue screwdriver

I was thinking of getting one of those 'tension' coil jigs that look like a big, heavy, weird-shaped piece of metal with holes and pins in it - I want to be able to make coils with perfect wind tension in them to that I can make really efficient micro and contact coils..

images
images
images
images

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
As inspects & Stoner suggested, use a lighter touch. Try releasing your fingers from the side you're rotating every 1/2 turn.

VU Sponsors