Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If you are looking for what is in my opinion the best coil tool available, you have to check this out.

CoilMaster__42701.1420605841.1280.1280.png

I have just received mine and it is just freaking great.

First attempt, a perfect 7/8 wrap 27 gauge Kanthal coil. In a matter of seconds!

Even with my bad eyesight and fat fingers. Betting I could use it blindfolded anyway.

Here is where you get them.

http://store.rbasupplies.com/coil-master-coiler/?tab=ProductReviews#ProductTabs

And here is a link to the instructional video...

Best $16 you will ever spend.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered one, just got shipping info. Can't wait to try it out. Might have to PIF my Qvapes coiler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
As easy as this thing is to use, you can just crank out a bunch or coils and just have spares to take with you.

we dont have many here, yet, Uncle.. but somehow I see a few starting up soon.. :)
new project in store for my area.. will keep me a bit busy.. i hope :p

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does it work well in building dual coils? I have no problem building the first one, it's that second one that you have to get in there in that tight space that I have a problem with.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
screw holes to small to just use two separate coils?

BTW, can't order them from that site anymore.
Not even preorders available now.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I think they are but I'll give it a try next time.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

I saw that myself. Go to the site and put "coil master" in the search and it will get you there.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Does it work well in building dual coils? I have no problem building the first one, it's that second one that you have to get in there in that tight space that I have a problem with.
depending on the deck and post holes there should not be an issue. Until I get one in hand I cannot test a center post build with it.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I absolutely love this Coil Master from RBA Supplies. 24ga parallel coils are trivial and takes just seconds for a perfect coil every time. I've been wrapping coils for quite a while and can do coils with just a drill bit with no problem, and they turn out very nicely, but I have to work at building parallels to get them right. With this coiling jig it doesn't matter how many beers I have first, they still turn out perfect. Now that's got to be worth the 12.00 for the tool.

The only thing I didn't like was to many little pieces to keep track of and not have the pieces rolling around all over my desk. Like herding cats I tell ya. So I designed a stand to keep the bits in during the Mod Envy show last night and 3D printed it. Works well for me and now it's a permanent part of my build desk.

Coil Master Stand 1.jpg Coil Master Stand 2.jpg Coil Master Stand.jpg

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I absolutely love this Coil Master from RBA Supplies. 24ga parallel coils are trivial and takes just seconds for a perfect coil every time. I've been wrapping coils for quite a while and can do coils with just a drill bit with no problem, and they turn out very nicely, but I have to work at building parallels to get them right. With this coiling jig it doesn't matter how many beers I have first, they still turn out perfect. Now that's got to be worth the 12.00 for the tool.

The only thing I didn't like was to many little pieces to keep track of and not have the pieces rolling around all over my desk. Like herding cats I tell ya. So I designed a stand to keep the bits in during the Mod Envy show last night and 3D printed it. Works well for me and now it's a permanent part of my build desk.

View attachment 12698 View attachment 12699 View attachment 12700

You have your own 3D printer? :confused:

I hate you! :(

J/K! :D

I like it and wish I had my own 3D printer! :)

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

I have a plastic ziploc bag:(

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have your own 3D printer? :confused:

I hate you! :(

J/K! :D

I like it and wish I had my own 3D printer! :)

3D printers are very affordable these days. $600 gets a very nice one that will allow you to build anything 10"x10"x10". Little projects like this where you know you need something and can take an hour to design it and then print it, just epic for me. BTW, the 3D design program I'm using is free from Autodesk (the folks that do AutoCAD), so once you invest in a printer there's no reason to spend a lot on other stuff. Just build what you imagine. Of course if I had better imagination I could build better stuff, but I haven't seen any sales on imagination at FT. I'll keep an eye on VJ's blog site, when the sale happens I'm sure it will be there first.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Drone I have been really torn over the 3D printer. I cant make up my mind if I want to get a 3D printer or a Lathe/mill combo. My local Vape shop wants me to make mods for him to sell in house but I don't want to do something like that with a Hammonds box. But doing a full box out of aluminum would be a PITA because it would be all manual since I cant afford a CNC. The 3D printer would be awesome cause I could make everything in house, I'm just not sure how they will hold up.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Oggy I've been vaping on this one for 3 months now, so they do fine over the long term. It's a 60watt SX350 chip single 18650 mod I designed and the pics are the prototype I'm still using daily. You can see by the relationship to the 18650 battery, this is a very small mod. But the SX350 is a great chip. It would have taken a very long time to manually go through all the iterations I went through during the design and testing phase with a lathe and mill.

I think 3D printing is best for prototyping, and maybe very limited runs. But the ability to prototype, test, redesign, test, etc. from home and pretty much build whatever you want is the absolute best way to create. And when you finally are satisfied with your design you already have the CAD files to have a machinist do it on a CNC. Much quicker than manually creating a project on a lathe and mill, which is very labor intensive for prototype work.

Proto Box 1.jpg Proto Box 2.jpg

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
@Oggy I've been vaping on this one for 3 months now, so they do fine over the long term. It's a 60watt SX350 chip single 18650 mod I designed and the pics are the prototype I'm still using daily. You can see by the relationship to the 18650 battery, this is a very small mod. But the SX350 is a great chip. It would have taken a very long time to manually go through all the iterations I went through during the design and testing phase with a lathe and mill.

I think 3D printing is best for prototyping, and maybe very limited runs. But the ability to prototype, test, redesign, test, etc. from home and pretty much build whatever you want is the absolute best way to create. And when you finally are satisfied with your design you already have the CAD files to have a machinist do it on a CNC. Much quicker than manually creating a project on a lathe and mill, which is very labor intensive for prototype work.

View attachment 12707 View attachment 12708

Look like a well designed mod indeed!

And I also agree that the 3d printers are amazing for designing prototypes.

But for the finished product, I would indeed prefer metal.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look like a well designed mod indeed!

And I also agree that the 3d printers are amazing for designing prototypes.

But for the finished product, I would indeed prefer metal.

Or wood. Loves me some wood

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Nice stand.

What is the approx diameter of the pieces?
I have to wonder if a standard socket wrench bit holder would easily work.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice stand.

What is the approx diameter of the pieces?
I have to wonder if a standard socket wrench bit holder would easily work.

The round holes are 11mm diameter. Could easily be done in wood, and would look great. It would only take a small piece of wood, drill 6 11mm holes, drill a small 2.5mm hole for the screw driver, a little sanding, some paint or stain, and a 6 pack of beer.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
wood sounds like a nice way to go about it.
When I manage to be able to order some, I'll have to try the wood way.

I hope the instructions will still work if I substitute the 6 pack of beer with 6 shots of Vodka or Rum.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wood sounds like a nice way to go about it.
When I manage to be able to order some, I'll have to try the wood way.

I hope the instructions will still work if I substitute the 6 pack of beer with 6 shots of Vodka or Rum.

6 shots of vodka or rum might work if you have extensive experience in libation therapy... otherwise the holes might come out a bit wonky. Best practice libation therapy while waiting for the coiler. Couldn't hurt to be prepared.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Finally use mine RJ and its pretty sweet - twisted 5 perfect coils within a couple minutes.. Couldn't be easier

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I used one last night. It is especially ideal for winding parallels.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered this (in red) along with several other things from Fastech. Of course by the time I get it, the next big thing will have come out!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just got my $6 3 piece Kuro Clone from Fasttech yesterday. I've played with the "authentic" at a local B/M, there is NO difference between them. The "clones" even have a spare allen screw in the upper part. Nice. Made a couple coils with twisted 26 Gauge, nice and tight.

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine shipped on the 16th along with the latecomers to the first batch they got in. can't wait. along with this Aqua V2 Style RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine shipped on the 16th along with the latecomers to the first batch they got in. can't wait. along with this Aqua V2 Style RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
Did you get the OTM model V2? I have one and it is bloody great! The dripper cap is REALLY airy wide open.

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you get the OTM model V2? I have one and it is bloody great! The dripper cap is REALLY airy wide open.
That's my next one. I went for the $14.70 value version to try it. So far the reviews seem positive so I'll try it out and go from there. I wanna post some vape mail but i dropped the camera and broke it and phone camera sux.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I got mine from RBA Supplies also. Here's my review.

Gonna go off the rails a bit here. Of course everyone is free to buy from where ever the hell they want, but a little local support on this one would go a long way. RBA Supplies is an Ohio company, and owned by one of the VU Live show hosts (LucidiousRage).

It's $15, people. Not gonna break anyone's bank. Buy 'Murican.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I got mine from RBA Supplies also. Here's my review.

Gonna go off the rails a bit here. Of course everyone is free to buy from where ever the hell they want, but a little local support on this one would go a long way. RBA Supplies is an Ohio company, and owned by one of the VU Live show hosts (LucidiousRage).

It's $15, people. Not gonna break anyone's bank. Buy 'Murican.

Thanks for making that point for me.

It's a FANTASTIC tool and IMHO any rebuilder should have one.

And spend just a tad more to support on of your own.

And get it in less than 3 to 5 weeks if it is in stock.

Hell, I am a cheap bastard but I am not that cheap!

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree with you @V4P3R eMAG eMAG I certainly try to buy from american sellers. But I am an american living and working in europe and I do not have the luxury of a military post office box. So when I can get a friend or coworker who does and doesn't mind ordering some stuff for me along with their orders I do. So for reasonably priced mods and parts and other stuff i do buy from china. First it would be prohibitively expensive to order from the states 1) Shipping and handling, 2) import taxes, and three wait time in shipping and then clearing customs, 4) local B&M's and online shops way too expensive and then factor in the euro conversion to versus dollars for comparison. So while I would love to be able to order at will from American shops I can't.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used one last night. It is especially ideal for winding parallels.

I agree with you Fran, this makes winding parallels so damn easy and perfect every time. Can I wind a parallel without it? Hell yes! But like any good tool this just makes it so much easier and consistent without breaking a sweat. It is worth every penny where ever you buy it from if you intend to build coils in your vaping journey. Just one of those really nice to have tools.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree with you Fran, this makes winding parallels so damn easy and perfect every time. Can I wind a parallel without it? Hell yes! But like any good tool this just makes it so much easier and consistent without breaking a sweat. It is worth every penny where ever you buy it from if you intend to build coils in your vaping journey. Just one of those really nice to have tools.
It is the difference between five minutes and 45 seconds.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you are looking for what is in my opinion the best coil tool available, you have to check this out.
Is there any way to use this to get any spaces between the coil?
CoilMaster__42701.1420605841.1280.1280.png

I have just received mine and it is just freaking great.

First attempt, a perfect 7/8 wrap 27 gauge Kanthal coil. In a matter of seconds!

Even with my bad eyesight and fat fingers. Betting I could use it blindfolded anyway.

Here is where you get them.

http://store.rbasupplies.com/coil-master-coiler/?tab=ProductReviews#ProductTabs

And here is a link to the instructional video...

Best $16 you will ever spend.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is there any way to use this to get any spaces between the coil?

I don't have one yet, but I'm going to assume with 100% certainty that the answer is NO because of the design.

If you want spaces, a very easy method to use is to wind the coils around a machine screw of the diameter you want. Even coils with even spaces. Then just 'unscrew' the coil off the screw.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hurry up and get your preorders in. Just got an email from rba supplies.
Price increase coming, a delay, but also more functionality.

The good news is that you were able to get your coiler for a great price. The manufacturer is requiring all vendors carrying this product to raise their prices on them, but I have already gone to bat for you and received approval for all of my pre-orders to remain at the price we sold them at.

The not so good… but good news… Is that we have just been informed that they are a week behind schedule… BUT for good reason

=We have been working closely with the manufacturers of the Coil Master to help them improve their product. Through our research we have discovered a simple way for them to offer even more functionality to their current design with an easy change… an alternative set of screws. Because we are their largest customer and because we have played a key role in marketing their product, they have listened to our suggestions and are going to INCLUDE our “upgrade” in each kit that they send us. The addition of the new screws opens up the functionality on thinner gauge wire such as 28, 29, 30, 32, etc.

Hi, Very interesting project.
Could you telle me where you got those "ball looking" switches.
They look a lot like the ones I have on my Hana Modz 30 from Cloupor.
I love the click feeling and the round form.
Thx.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, Very interesting project.
Could you telle me where you got those "ball looking" switches.
They look a lot like the ones I have on my Hana Modz 30 from Cloupor.
I love the click feeling and the round form.
Thx.

Those are CK tactile dome switches and there are many places to get them like Digikey, Mouser, Amazon, and vape shops that carry DIY mod stuff like atozvaporworld.com

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got my kuro koilers from ft yesterday. I do not like them. The coil is nice and tight but the lead that you hold down so hard to get out it ruins it. I made 4 coils with them and they were all messed up. I gave up and made one with a screwdriver. I'll just keep doing that.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Make the lead, that goes up thru the bottom hole shorter. I do agree though. Use tweezers to push it up.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered one of these on Jan 10, and it was expected to be shipped on Jan 31. Has anyone who had one on backorder received one yet? Just wondering what's happening (mine still shows as pending)?

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Drone I have been really torn over the 3D printer. I cant make up my mind if I want to get a 3D printer or a Lathe/mill combo. My local Vape shop wants me to make mods for him to sell in house but I don't want to do something like that with a Hammonds box. But doing a full box out of aluminum would be a PITA because it would be all manual since I cant afford a CNC. The 3D printer would be awesome cause I could make everything in house, I'm just not sure how they will hold up.
LATHE, MILL !!! I have a lathe, and it's damned handy...event possible to turn coils onnit, turning the chuck, by hand.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered one of these on Jan 10, and it was expected to be shipped on Jan 31. Has anyone who had one on backorder received one yet? Just wondering what's happening (mine still shows as pending)?
Amanda,

I ordered mine from Fasttech and it just shipped Tuesday. It may not have actually left China yet, but I can look at pretty package pics.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
LATHE, MILL !!! I have a lathe, and it's damned handy...event possible to turn coils onnit, turning the chuck, by hand.

I imagine that a lath would be damn handy.

If you can send me one for $16 shipped, I am all in!:D

Otherwise, I will stick with my CoilMaster jig.;)

VU Sponsors