Become a Patron!

coil build help

malachi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What is the best way to build a coil for more vapor and flavor? Is low resistance better or higher resistance?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I shoot for a balance of surface area and a safe lower Resistance.
Not sure what mod you're using but the power available to you will determine how low you can safely go and what type of build,

malachi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the doge drip head dual post powered by an 18650 battery rated at 2000mah 40A and resistance should be between .3 - 1.0 ohms.
My problem is that my .3 coil i made doesnt have that much surface area but does make a big dense cloud. Im just wondering what i can do (coil wise) to improve the vapor and flavor

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the doge drip head dual post powered by an 18650 battery rated at 2000mah 40A and resistance should be between .3 - 1.0 ohms.
My problem is that my .3 coil i made doesnt have that much surface area but does make a big dense cloud. Im just wondering what i can do (coil wise) to improve the vapor and flavor

Describe your coil... I use a dual parallel 28 gauge coil setup in my Tugboat clone and it works pretty well. I get good flavor and it makes pretty decent vapor.. I run it most of the time around 50w on my MVP 3.0 Pro. Comes in about .25 ohms, but you could tweak to put it in the range you want. Regardless, parallel builds are pretty good with vapor and flavor most times (for me).

malachi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I havent tried a parallel build yet, i am using 26ga wire

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, maybe try a dual coil to get the .3 rather than one coil. You might be able to tell the difference there. On my Caterpillar I have one set up like that and it's at about .35 ohms (6/5 wraps). Works great for me at about 45w (3.96v).. Not too much of a pain to build either.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Twisted coils give off more flavor.... IMO

War, War Never Changes.........Only The Means Of Destruction

VU Sponsors