Become a Patron!

coil build help

irideparkcity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hello, im looking for some advice and have a few questions. so i am new to building my own coils and have built a dual coil set up on my mutation v3 dripper. it is reading at .58 ohms(will jump around) with kanthal double twisted wire @ 26 guage i believe. wire takes a second to heat up. i am also using smok xpro m80 plus.
would this be safe to be vaping at about 50-70 watts?
again i am new to rebuilding so i appreciate the help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    980.2 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Shouldnt be jumping around. I like to leave the leads in for the ohm reading and will move them around if the ohms change then the posts need tightening, then i clip em after thats sorted. Also i like to put chamber and top cap on while on reader if my coils are lingering around the edge of the deck and if ohms changes i either try to shift them or just start over, that will short ya. Try doing those things and make sure ohms dont fluctuate on reader. If leads are already clipped try messing with the coils with a toothpick or even with your fingers the ohms shouldnt change.

irideparkcity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks martinelias for the reply. okay so it was because my posts were a bit loose so i tightend them and now at a stable 0.62 ohms. i have pulsed it and everything looks good. also is it normal that it takes a bit for my wire to heat up? right now i have it set to 60 watts. also what wattage range do you vape on with my ohm?

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have u checked it with the Cap on? Not sure if it's the angle of your first pic but it looks like your coils may touch when you put it on... It would be smart to check that before you go any furrher

irideparkcity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yeah i put it on and it doesnt touch. kinda tight but they dont touch

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cool cool, that being said you should be able to vape it at whatever wattage setting you like

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Definitely looks like coils are too big for that deck. Couple less wraps or smaller id will help it fit while speeding up ramp time. Itll also lower the ohms so look out for that too.Edit my bad didnt read that was already sorted.

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
aee9006db7cb573efa9f669c33a2ec92.jpg

:) love my smok/mx v3

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn thats small. Hell yes for the doge v2. My mx v3 is also black but started chipping off.

irideparkcity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
nice man. yeah im loving mine as well. what coil build do you got?

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@martinelias mine is chipping too, shitty pic, yea it's small but I have HUGE hands haha so that probably accounts for some of it... Just got the doge and it is my new favorite, after I got the Arctic and Atlantis 2 subtanks my drippers were getting neglected a bit so I had to liven things up a bit :)

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@irdeparkcity I have several mx v3s and swap the decks around depending on my mood, the one on it now has 26 gauge dual parallel, 12 wraps...came out to . 14 ohms, don't remember what size mandrel I wrapped it around but I will check and let ya know... It's one of my favorite builds for that setup thus far

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@martinelias mine is chipping too, shitty pic, yea it's small but I have HUGE hands haha so that probably accounts for some of it... Just got the doge and it is my new favorite, after I got the Arctic and Atlantis 2 subtanks my drippers were getting neglected a bit so I had to liven things up a bit :)
My fave atty too for killer taste and flavor got her sitting on this hexohm v2
d87e13e8444c969258e26b96272d9f31.jpg

Flash sucks for taking pics of ss haha.
Have you tried wotofos troll rda? Same exact deck as mx v3 but imo performs so much bettet, very much comparable to doge v2 but i like flavor off doge just a bit bettet.

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haven't tried the troll, been checking one out at the b&m though... And hell yes on the hexohm!!

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Initially after I got the Arctic and Atlantis 2, I got really lazy on my building. Don't get me wrong, subtanks are great for work and places dripping isn't practical, but there is no comparison in flavor and vapor production from a good build in the mx or doge

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haven't tried the troll, been checking one out at the b&m though... And hell yes on the hexohm!!
Dude check it out when you do you wont even uee the mx v3 anymore i dont even have a build in it anymorr check out deck comparison troll is the one with a built on it so maybe hatd to tell diff. Even has similar air option but better imo.
398bb7278b38ca2cb1868fe1b5206abd.jpg

Should probly clean mx off flash brought out all the dust on that top portion. I like the mx morr without drip tip.
Edit my phone kills me on the typos.

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
May be selling off a couple of the mutations and getting one, still recovering from the sig 150 and doge...i like how similar the decks are on them, and I'm really liking the looks of the troll with the chuff cap. The ones I've Seen have all had the 510 drip tip adapters on them and I wasn't impressed...

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The delrin 510 drip tip it comes with sucks imo it leaked from the top just by sucking on it. Good call on the chuff cap i forgot i got that seperately definitely makes it shine.

Any time I've seen Ohms jump is because your screws aren't tightened enough or in a worse case you are shorting a coil.

VU Sponsors