Become a Patron!

clouporb t8 just changed to 7.6v20a

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
it has just changed from14v to7.6v, 40a to 20a??? cuz i just checked cloupor website, they mentioned that.
Ya im sure people who pre ordered are not happy at all. They pretty much cut it in half. They waited until the week of the release to change it also.

thx adamsenior
1st nov was shchedule to ship to me, but didnt so i just checked cloupor website. then i found that.
when i ordered t8, it was most poweful apv, thats why i ordered,,, well i hope they will update more better

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Man i just don't get it , i expect P4U to pull that kind of crap because they are known for it , but Cloupor .

This practice of advertising a mod with specific specs, and people pre ordering that mod because of those specs , but receiving the mod with anything other than those exact specs is 100% unacceptable . It's truly outrageous and should not be tolerated by anybody .

Anybody who pre orders based on advertised specs and receives something that doesn't meet the said criteria should be offered a full refund asap , no if's and's or butts .

Exception to the above : I do not know if there is fine print noting that the device is subject to change and may not have the current specs at the time of release.

If it does than buyers beware but that pretty much wipes out any legit complaints.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This sort of thing is one of the reason's I no longer participate in the pre-order business model.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
That sucks!

While I truly do feel sorry for anyone that got in on the preorder and got screwed, it makes me feel better with my choice of purchasing the Sigelei 100 Watt Raptor.

If you can get out of your pre orders, I love the Sigy. Extremely well built and vapes like a beast!

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This sort of thing is one of the reason's I no longer participate in the pre-order business model.

Seems to be happening more regularly now , when i ordered the iPV 35 watt i got exactly what i thought i would get , most got exactly what they thought they would get with the iPV 50 watt and the Cloupor Cana DNA 30 clone .

These days lots of initially advertised things are being changed or eliminated and pre orders should be avoided until this is corrected....

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My only venture into it was the Cloupor Cana. Still working on the day's first cuppa when I saw it and pulled the trigger on the first wave. While it still works I did end up wishing I'd waited for the 510 and perhaps a little more accurate ohms reading. Seems like a wonky way to do business in general. So far I've been pretty good at waiting for the review and perhaps V2 on things but I do have a tragic case of shinyitus.:D

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When it comes to Cloupor, they have always been a sub par with quality. The 14 volts and 40 amps had to be purposely put in the promo from the beginning. A bait and switch tactic. I wouldn't waste my money on anything from this company.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Seems to be happening more regularly now , when i ordered the iPV 35 watt i got exactly what i thought i would get , most got exactly what they thought they would get with the iPV 50 watt and the Cloupor Cana DNA 30 clone .

These days lots of initially advertised things are being changed or eliminated and pre orders should be avoided until this is corrected....

I think a large part of the problem is that manufacturers are introducing their products to the market too early, most before they have even completed production. They complete a few prototypes and then they start selling. The truth usually shows up once the device is into production and that is when all the flaws in design start to show themselves.

I don't think there should be any selling until the first run batch has been completed because so many things can and usually do change during actual production.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My only venture into it was the Cloupor Cana. Still working on the day's first cuppa when I saw it and pulled the trigger on the first wave. While it still works I did end up wishing I'd waited for the 510 and perhaps a little more accurate ohms reading. Seems like a wonky way to do business in general. So far I've been pretty good at waiting for the review and perhaps V2 on things but I do have a tragic case of shinyitus.:D

I have a first version Cana that still works well and i use it everyday , great value for what you get imo . The problem with waiting for updated or newer versions of mods is some models seem to get quickly discontinued and replaced with something different that you may not care for as much.

If the mod doesn't sell as well as anticipated , it usually gets ousted and then of course no improvements happen , even if the mod was a good choice for many people.

This isn't super common though and any mod that sells well will usually have continued upgrades .

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When it comes to Cloupor, they have always been a sub par with quality. The 14 volts and 40 amps had to be purposely put in the promo from the beginning. A bait and switch tactic. I wouldn't waste my money on anything from this company.
I have had nothing but great success dealing with cloupor I have owned every generation of the hana clone and with every new model they put out it just got better and better. They just released their 4th generation hana clone that has a hole for the charging light and also has a adjustable 510. I think it is good they are constantly updating their products. On the other hand I do not agree with what these companys are doing with their pre release specs. Its not right to have people preorder one thing and then the week they release it change it. I feel badfor everyone who preorderd the t8

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

The thing that really surprises me is that after all the heat Cloupor received about consistency and chip under performance, their latest versions (T6, T8) are showing to be as inconsistent as ever . Lots of complaints about them being underpowered and not meeting advertised specs .

A few people have commented that the wire used is not capable of handling consistent higher wattage vaping . You would think they would learn and improve , if the mods turn out to not cut the mustard in the end this is a major blunder and it will certainly damage their rep even more.

I think a large part of the problem is that manufacturers are introducing their products to the market too early, most before they have even completed production. They complete a few prototypes and then they start selling. The truth usually shows up once the device is into production and that is when all the flaws in design start to show themselves.

I don't think there should be any selling until the first run batch has been completed because so many things can and usually do change during actual production.

I don't think there's any question about that and the constant wanting to beat your competition to the punch and release first is causing this imo. They are damaging their rep over time but i am not sure they care , $$ signs floating above the head always gets in the way of best business practices over the long haul .

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The thing that really surprises me is that after all the heat Cloupor received about consistency and chip under performance, their latest versions (T6, T8) are showing to be as inconsistent as ever . Lots of complaints about them being underpowered and not meeting advertised specs .

A few people have commented that the wire used is not capable of handling consistent higher wattage vaping . You would think they would learn and improve , if the mods turn out to not cut the mustard in the end this is a major blunder and it will certainly damage their rep even more.

I don't think there's any question about that and the constant wanting to beat your competition to the punch and release first is causing this imo. They are damaging their rep over time but i am not sure they care , $$ signs floating above the head always gets in the way of best business practices over the long haul .

You have told no lies, the T6 is shocking to me .. Received it late last week and I am almost speechless. I really liked the Cana that I reviewed, I found it to be a well made, solid, and accurate device. The T6 by comparison feels like a toy box, so hollow, and yes, it is firing way off by .7-1volt below the voltage display, across the wattage range from 7W to 100W. I can't believe that the same company who made my Cana, made this T6. The most it has going for it is the magnetic back cover and battery life.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have had nothing but great success dealing with cloupor I have owned every generation of the hana clone and with every new model they put out it just got better and better. They just released their 4th generation hana clone that has a hole for the charging light and also has a adjustable 510. I think it is good they are constantly updating their products. On the other hand I do not agree with what these companys are doing with their pre release specs. Its not right to have people preorder one thing and then the week they release it change it. I feel badfor everyone who preorderd the t8

Cloupors Hana clone has improved over time but seem to still be more inconsistent then they should be at this point . Cloupor at the beginning did freely admit on another forum that people were indeed going to be their beta testers. They had no problem with it and of course that caused much outrage.

I would not be surprised at all and have no proof that they feel any differently today about their new released mods . Some seem to be happy with the T6, and T8 but others who actually test and verify the device to insure it meets advertised specs are saying they are considerably underpowered .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You have told no lies, the T6 is shocking to me .. Received it late last week and I am almost speechless. I really liked the Cana that I reviewed, I found it to be a well made, solid, and accurate device. The T6 by comparison feels like a toy box, so hollow, and yes, it is firing way off by .7-1volt below the voltage display, across the wattage range from 7W to 100W. I can't believe that the same company who made my Cana, made this T6. The most it has going for it is the magnetic back cover and battery life.

Well thanks for that but i i would never lie purposely , i certainly do get things wrong and am far from any expert . Purposely telling an untruth makes absolutely zero sense to me and you will always be exposed much sooner than later .

I remember you and me both had the same complaint about the cana mod , basically it's lack of efficiency and battery life . Don't know how a device can be as efficient as it could be when it comes on and off at will but overall i am very pleased with it for the money.

Anyways i appreciate your knowledge and think your a big time asset to these forums.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The problem with waiting for updated or newer versions of mods is some models seem to get quickly discontinued and replaced with something different that you may not care for as much.
If the reviews make me decide not to buy the current one and no updates/newer versions appear then no great loss. It's not as if something won't be along tomorrow that will make me go "Ooohh!!".:)

Texasdawg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I thought about getting a T8 for the battery life as I dont vape real high watts(15-20), but the way they have handled the T5 problems and upgrades just turned me off from them. I have an T5 that I did not attempt to upgrade, but was looking forward to for the higher watts to try with drippers. They totally screwed us owners on the upgrade and now seem to be leaving us behind. That's not good business practices and I took my money elsewhere for my next purchase. We have the purchasing power and if we think it's only going to happen to the other guy, well,,,,

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Well thanks for that but i i would never lie purposely , i certainly do get things wrong and am far from any expert . Purposely telling an untruth makes absolutely zero sense to me and you will always be exposed much sooner than later .

I remember you and me both had the same complaint about the cana mod , basically it's lack of efficiency and battery life . Don't know how a device can be as efficient as it could be when it comes on and off at will but overall i am very pleased with it for the money.

Anyways i appreciate your knowledge and think your a big time asset to these forums.

Oh yes .. that would be my one complaint about the Cloupor Cana, its an absolute life stealer! Battery life that is :p

Thank you so much for that my dear, the feeling is mutual. :) I like that you are not "easily sold" on the latest and greatest, it is important to be discriminating, especially in this market where the latest and greatest happens about once a week, lol.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oops mistake , sorry.

The T8 is horribly under powered. Best I can get is 102 watts. I have a screenshot of my voltages from 100 to 150 watts in 10 watt increments with a .4 ohm coil and a multi meter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-10-17-37-11.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-10-17-37-11.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 24

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The T8 is horribly under powered. Best I can get is 102 watts. I have a screenshot of my voltages from 100 to 150 watts in 10 watt increments with a .4 ohm coil and a multi meter.
Wow it seems cloupor has really shit the bed so to speak.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seems anyone calling Cloupor out for comment are being told they don't know what they are talking about lol.

Surprisingly though, from the comments i have seen , people who have bought the T8 just say " well i don't need that extra wattage anyway " and are A OK with the shortcomings.

Seems anyone calling Cloupor out for comment are being told they don't know what they are talking about lol.

Surprisingly though, from the comments i have seen , people who have bought the T8 just say " well i don't need that extra wattage anyway " and are A OK with the shortcomings.

I'm not really "ok with it" so to speak as the T8 was actually a very generous gift from a fellow vapor I would hate to complain. My problem is Cloupor advertising it as something it's not. I have yet to contact them myself. I have contacted Elev8vape where it was purchased not to complain but to let them know it is not a 150 watt device like advertised. Had I actually purchased the device I'd be livid!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Let us know if you get any response at all from Elev8vape.

They pulled some not good stuff in the past with pre orders if I remember correctly.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not really "ok with it" so to speak as the T8 was actually a very generous gift from a fellow vapor I would hate to complain. My problem is Cloupor advertising it as something it's not. I have yet to contact them myself. I have contacted Elev8vape where it was purchased not to complain but to let them know it is not a 150 watt device like advertised. Had I actually purchased the device I'd be livid!

I was just relaying what i read from responses around the net , of course not all are happy and some are clearly pissed and they have every right to be .

Bottom line is any device that is initially advertised as being capable of a certain wattage and performance standard and falls far short in real life testing should not be acceptable to anyone , in my opinion thats basically fraud.

I was just relaying what i read from responses around the net , of course not all are happy and some are clearly pissed and they have every right to be .

Bottom line is any device that is initially advertised as being capable of a certain wattage and performance standard and falls far short in real life testing should not be acceptable to anyone , in my opinion thats basically fraud.

Sure, I just don't want to come across as I don't appreciate a free mod as a gift because it doesn't work as designed. It's not really my place. I do however completely agree that for all intents and purposes this is fraud on Cloupor's part. At first I thought it was just mine. A little research shows I'm not the only one. This means one of two things to me, either Cloupor is falsely advertising the device or the QC is horrid. I don't want people buying one and getting burned.

Elev8vape sent the following this morning:

Hey, Todd!

I have brought this up with Cloupor and we are currently working on an update for it.

We'll see if it amounts to anything.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sure, I just don't want to come across as I don't appreciate a free mod as a gift because it doesn't work as designed. It's not really my place. I do however completely agree that for all intents and purposes this is fraud on Cloupor's part. At first I thought it was just mine. A little research shows I'm not the only one. This means one of two things to me, either Cloupor is falsely advertising the device or the QC is horrid. I don't want people buying one and getting burned.

Whether you got it for free or not i don't view it as you being not appreciative at all . I got a free mod from someone (also a Cloupor lol) and the person who gave it to me knows i appreciate it very much to this day .

I still bitch about Cloupor though and he doesn't take it like i don't appreciate it , the thing has serious issues but they have nothing to do with his generosity , it works most of the time and i use it often.

dougward1960

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well it is up-gradable so lets hope they upgrade it to its real potential of 14 volts as originally advertised. im sure if we all complain about it and they want to sell more mods an up-grade will be coming soon or i hope its coming soon.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well it is up-gradable so lets hope they upgrade it to its real potential of 14 volts as originally advertised. im sure if we all complain about it and they want to sell more mods an up-grade will be coming soon or i hope its coming soon.

Yeah we can only hope , worked well with the T5 lol.

VU Sponsors